Have Fun & Play It Safe at Charleston’s Summer Festivals
Charleston offers an abundance of activities for people of all ages year round. Summertime is particularly popular for fairs and festivals, featuring the best of the area’s food, music, and theatre to draw visitors from across the state. These events draw large crowds, and anytime you are in these types of settings, it is important to keep safety in mind to decrease your risks for accidents and injuries. Our Charleston personal injury attorneys have compiled the following list of some of the city’s most popular summer attractions, as well as safety tips to follow if you attend.
Charleston Festivals You Will Not Want to Miss
The Charleston Convention and Visitors Bureau keeps a calendar of the best of the city’s offerings throughout the year, and highlights the some of the best offerings you will not want to miss over the summer months:
- Spoleto Festival USA. Approaching its 41st season, this event is one of the largest performing arts festivals in the country and highlights some of the best offerings in opera, jazz, and classical music, as well as dance and theatre. For 2017, it runs for 17 nights from May 26 until June 11 at locations throughout the city. View the lineup and purchase tickets at org.
- The Sweetgrass Cultural Arts Festival. Exploring the rich heritage of the Gullah Geechee culture and offering the most extensive collection of sweetgrass baskets in the area, this festival is held on June 3, 2017 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm at Mt. Pleasant Waterfront Park.
- Fourth of July Blast At Patriots Point. What could be more thrilling than watching fireworks exploding over the Charleston Harbor? You can watch the show for free from land or purchase a reserved ticket that includes food and drinks while you enjoy the evening on the flight deck of the U.S.S. Yorktown.
- Charleston Margarita Festival. In its second year, this festival has already become a local favorite, featuring a friendly competition among 25 of the area’s best bars and restaurants to see who can make the best margarita. Held on July 14, 2017 at Brittlebank Park in downtown, the festival also features food trucks, a beer garden, and live music.
Playing It Safe In A Crowd
Anytime you are at an event where there are large crowds, there is always an increased risk for accidents and injuries to occur. When venturing out to your favorite festival, be sure to follow these safety tips from State Farm insurance:
- Wear flat, closed toe shoes to prevent slip and fall injuries
- Stay in common areas
- If you are in an enclosed space, make sure you know where the exits are
- Plan on leaving a bit early, to avoid the crowd
- If there are signs that the event is getting too rowdy or out of control, make a hasty exit
Get Help Today
In the event you that are involved in an accident or suffer an injury, contact Anastopoulo Law Firm as soon as possible. With offices in Charleston, SC and throughout the South Carolina upstate, we can advise you on how to get the compensation you need to recover.