Did you or someone you love take prescription or over-the-counter Prilosec to treat acid reflux, ulcers, or other stomach and digestive ailments? If you were diagnosed with stomach cancer or kidney damage as a result of taking this medication, we can help you seek compensation. Our team is requesting financial compensation for you and other patients whose health was damaged or destroyed as a result of the medication they took.
If you were injured by the drug, or someone you love was injured or lost their lives, our South Carolina Prilosec lawyer is preparing a mass torts case you might be eligible to join. With our direction, you can assess the value of your participation, and we can build a strong case for compensation. Our Anastopoulo Law Firm team will help you understand your right to financial recovery and the goals and timing of our upcoming case.
The Makers of Prilosec are Responsible for Your Injuries
In the 2019 publication, Therapeutic Advances In Gastroenterology, researchers cite a connection between proton pump inhibitors (PPI) like Prilosec and an increased risk of gastric cancer. Their publication, PLOS, also cites a connection between PPIs and kidney disease. Additional harmful side effects can include:
- Constipation, gas, and diarrhea
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Muscle spasms, cramps, or weakness
- Uncontrollable tremors and shaking
- Headache, nausea, and seizures
If you or the doctor who prescribed or recommended Prilosec was not informed of its possible dangers, you could qualify to join our mass torts case. The costs of treating your damaged health — especially kidney damage or cancer — can quickly grow out of control. Our mass torts team assigns financial liability to the drug manufacturer who failed to provide doctors and consumers with appropriate warnings about the medicine’s potential harm.
Why Our Mass Torts Team is the Right One for You
Mass torts vary from individual personal injury lawsuits because they handle injury cases for multiple plaintiffs against a shared defendant, with each injured party requesting his own specific set of financial damages. When our team represents you as part of a larger plaintiff group, we ensure:
- The shared defendant’s liability is identified
- Each plaintiff is fairly represented
- Each plaintiff’s case is individually valued
- Each plaintiff gets the time and attention they need
We also make sure you are represented in a warm and supportive atmosphere. If your injuries are extensive, we even visit you in your home or hospital setting at your convenience. If your family lost a loved one because they relied on Prilosec and were fatally injured by its use, we make sure you have the time you need to focus on restoring your family without compromising your ability to seek compensation.
Past Client Reviews and Referrals Speak for Us
Our team works hard to meet the legal and financial goals of every injured client we represent. Browse our testimonials page and Google reviews to see what previous clients say about their experience working with our law firm. Past clients say:
- “Really great working with this law firm. Everyone was very professional, and they made our experience so much more tolerable! I would definitely recommend them to family and friends.” — Angela Breazeale
- “Everyone that I contacted was courteous and professional. They kept me informed at every step. They are a great team that truly fights hard for you. I highly recommend Anastopoulo Law Firm.” — Juanita Tucker
- “Great experience in a time of stress for our family! Took their time to listen to our concerns and answer our questions. Heath and Dasiree were very professional.” — Vicky
Fighting for financial recovery for injured clients is our passion. When you join our mass torts group, we fight as hard for you as we have for every client we represent.
For a free legal consultation with a prilosec lawyer serving South Carolina, call (800) 313-2546
Calculate the Financial Damages You Can Recover
Prilosec users in South Carolina can join our mass torts plaintiff group and hold the drug’s manufacturer responsible for compensation due to negligence. Our Prilosec lawyer will help you define, document, and calculate your recoverable damages, which can include:
- Ongoing medical expenses — we assess the costs of medical care, including hospital admissions, surgical costs, transplant costs, and future medical care
- Pain and suffering — we assign a financial value to your current and future physical discomfort and mental and emotional trauma and distress
- Loss of income — we prove the amount of time your recovery will require and assign a monetary value to your current and anticipated losses of income
- Wrongful death damages — we recover the costs of your loved one’s final arrangements and burial
- Punitive damages — these types of damages are awarded to address the at-fault party’s reckless or intentional act of negligence
Our Anastopoulo Law Firm team calculates your economic, non-economic, and punitive damages on your behalf. We carefully document your damages to ensure your case is not undervalued or underpaid and to ensure any future medical expenses and income losses you incur after your case is resolved are covered during settlement negotiations.
Comply with South Carolina’s Statute of Limitations
The state’s personal injury and wrongful death statutes of limitations, defined in S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530, are generally three years. Failure to file your lawsuit in compliance with the filing deadline will leave you with no legal recourse for seeking financial compensation. When we represent you, our team members do the following:
- Protect your right to seek compensation in court
- Identify the relevant statute of limitations
- Comply with the appropriate filing deadline
You do not have to ensure this critical legal compliance on your own. Our legal team will use your medical records to identify any circumstances that alter the statute of limitations.
South Carolina Prilosec Lawyer Near Me (800) 313-2546
Get a Free Review of Your Prilosec Case Today
You are entitled to financial compensation if you or a loved one in South Carolina was hurt because you took Prilosec. Find out how our Anastopoulo Law Firm team and Prilosec lawyer are fighting for monetary recovery for a group of injured clients by calling (800) 313-2546 today. A team member is standing by for your free case evaluation.