Charlotte Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
Anastopoulo Law Firm’s Charlotte Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Team handles nursing home abuse and neglect claims in Charlotte, N.C. If you discovered your loved one was enduring abuse in a nursing home in Charlotte or another nearby area, we want to help you hold the facility and other liable parties accountable.
You may be able to recover compensation for the injuries, financial losses, and psychological damages suffered. One of our team members will evaluate your case for free during an initial consultation at our firm. Then, we will explain what our Charlotte nursing home abuse lawyer can do to seek justice for you and your family.
Anastopoulo Law Firm Protects the Rights and Dignity of Nursing Home Residents
Our team believes no senior adult should have to endure abuse or neglect at the hands of the facility entrusted with their care. Whether the abuser is an employee, visitor, or volunteer, the nursing home must ensure all residents:
- Receive the necessary medical care
- Have their basic needs met at all times
- Are safe from any type of abuse or mistreatment
Our team provides legal representation in these cases to aid families whose loved one experienced nursing home abuse. We are not afraid to take on any corporation, nursing home chain, or facility.
During the past 25-plus years, we have used our resources and legal experience to recover * of dollars for our clients. Let us help you fight for compensation based on the abuse and neglect your loved one endured.
Working with an Attorney from Our Firm on a Nursing Home Abuse Case
When we represent you, our team makes an effort to accommodate your needs by arranging meetings wherever they are most convenient for you. For example, we could meet with you at your home or a local hospital where your loved one is receiving treatment. We also have an office in the downtown Charlotte area to serve your family’s needs:
525 North Tryon Street, Ste. 1600
Charlotte, NC 28202
Our clients do not pay any upfront fees, and we charge nothing unless we recover a payout via a claim or civil suit.
For a free legal consultation with a nursing home abuses lawyer serving Charlotte, call 803-222-2222
What Is Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect?
Anastopoulo Law Firm handles Charlotte, N.C., nursing home abuse cases based on several types of abuse:
- Neglect: Neglect is common and may not be intentional. Still, it constitutes abuse. It could include failing to provide a resident with food, water, medical care, medications, clean clothes and bedding, and more.
- Physical abuse: This type of abuse could include hitting, shoving, pushing, and unauthorized use of restraints.
- Sexual abuse: Sexual abuse can cause physical and psychological injuries, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), and other serious health concerns.
- Emotional abuse: Though harmful to a victim’s health, this type of abuse may not result in physical injuries, making it more difficult to prove.
- Financial abuse: Financial abuse could include forging checks, stealing assets, unauthorized use of a credit card, and billing for services not provided.
What Injuries Occur Because of Abuse and Neglect in a Long-Term Care Facility?
The injuries nursing home residents face because of abuse or neglect they endured vary widely depending on the circumstances and type of abuse. For example, a senior who did not receive the proper medication may suffer additional symptoms of a chronic condition. Bed-bound patients could develop pressure sores (also known as bedsores).
Unexplained fractures, contusions, abrasions, and suspicious bruising may be present. Sexual abuse victims may have bruising on their breasts, genitals, or other private areas. In some cases, residents may require hospitalization or additional medical treatment for their physical injuries.
Psychological injuries can affect one’s quality of life, happiness, mood, and more, as well. Residents may live in fear, dread, or embarrassment. Counseling should be offered to victims when necessary.
Charlotte Nursing Home Abuses Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
Recoverable Damages in a Charlotte, N.C., Nursing Home Abuse Case
When our personal injury lawyers seek financial recovery for a nursing home resident and their family, we include a range of recoverable damages. These come from the expenses and losses incurred because of the abuse. They could include:
- Treatment of any injuries
- Mental health assessment and counseling
- The cost to transfer to a new facility
- Other related expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Other intangible damages
In some cases, the victim’s injuries are severe enough that they may pass away. If you believe this happened to your loved one, we want you to reach out to our team for a free case consultation.
You may be able to recover a wrongful death award based on your family’s losses and pain under G. S. § 28A-18-2. Anastopoulo Law Firm’s wrongful death team can help.
When to Call a Lawyer About a Nursing Home Abuse Case
There are deadlines you must follow when filing a nursing home abuse lawsuit in North Carolina. Under G. S. § 1-52, you must begin this process within:
- Three years of the date the abuse occurred, or
- Three years from the date you discovered the abuse or neglect
However, there is a four-year statute of repose in these cases, meaning you must sue the liable facility or another party within four years of when the abuse occurred or lose the right to do so. This is true even if you did not discover the abuse immediately. A separate deadline applies for wrongful death cases.
We Want to Give Each Case the Time It Deserves
There are also other advantages to getting started early. Doing so allows us to:
- Determine if your loved one endured abuse
- Put a stop to the mistreatment if it continues
- Help you ensure your loved one’s physical and emotional safety
- Prevent others in the same facility from having a similar experience
- Gather evidence to build a more robust case against the liable parties
If you have concerns about your loved one’s safety in a Charlotte assisted living, senior living, or long-term care facility, you can reach out to our team today. We will review your case and help you determine the next steps to take.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Speak with Our Nursing Home Abuse Team Serving Charlotte, N.C., Today
If your loved one suffered abuse or neglect in a Charlotte nursing home, our team at Anastopoulo Law Firm wants to discuss your legal options with you today. You may have a case against the abuser, nursing home administration, or another party. If so, we believe they should be held accountable.
Call (800) 777-7777 to speak with our team for free. We can meet with you at a long-term care facility, hospital, your home, or our downtown Charlotte office.
*Each case is different and must be evaluated on its individual facts. Prior results do not guarantee that similar results will be achieved in future cases.