Myrtle Beach Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have sustained an injury in Myrtle Beach or anywhere throughout South Carolina, a personal injury lawyer at Anastopoulo Law Firm may be able to help you fight for compensation. So, whether you wish to pursue a case following a car accident or personal injury, our legal team is prepared to manage your case. As well as guide you throughout the litigation system.
At Anastopoulo Law Firm, we handle personal injury cases involving a wide array of legal issues and disputes. Founded by Akim Anastopoulo, a South Carolina attorney with more than 25 years of legal experience, our law firm is respected throughout SC and has a history of success. Thus, we aim to deliver comprehensive legal work to you and fight for the financial recovery you deserve.
You May Be Entitled to Multiple Types of Damages in Your Personal Injury Case
Depending on what occurred in your accident and what kind of injuries you sustained as a result, you may be entitled to several economic and non-economic damages. Our team can help you calculate your current losses. Then, we estimate whether you might always experience future losses as well based on the severity of your injuries or certain damages.
For example, you may be able to claim compensation for the following types of damages:
- Medical treatment costs
- Property damage, such as to a vehicle
- Reduced earning potential
- Income loss, which can include benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical disability or disfigurement
- Emotional distress
Other damages you might qualify for may be related to significant changes in your personal relationships, home modifications, and other personal losses. But, we can discuss your damages in more detail in future consultations.
Get Our Staff Working on Your Case When You Hire One of Our Lawyers
Our legal team is committed to assisting clients in Myrtle Beach with legal issues. In addition to helping them fight for due compensation. When you hire a personal injury lawyer from our team, our team works together to manage your case. For example:
- Conducting a separate investigation from the police to gather information surrounding your accident
- Identifying who may be held liable for your injuries and damages and whether it might be worth pursuing multiple actions
- Collecting evidence that can support your claims about the accident, your injuries, and damages
- Consulting with expert witnesses who can provide testimony for your case, such as medical professionals or accident reconstruction analysts
- Filling out paperwork and submitting appropriate motions to move your case forward
- Handling communications from the opposing party, their insurer, or their legal team
Behind the work of your personal injury lawyer will be our team. So your case gets the attention it deserves. We aim to be forthcoming with our legal guidance and advice. Therefore, we can make ourselves available whenever you have questions about the legal process.
Your Lawyer Can Represent You Throughout Your Case
As for what your lawyer can do, they can serve as your representative as they pursue compensation on your behalf. This may involve:
- Meeting with the opposing party and their team to discuss a potential settlement deal
- Reviewing offers and other information provided by the opposing party
- Advising you on whether you should file a personal injury lawsuit to pursue compensation if negotiating a settlement is not viable
- Presenting your case in trial and advocating for your interests
Also, be aware that while our legal team will provide you legal advice throughout your case, ultimately, any decision made must be yours. So we put your interests first and aim to serve you.
Keep in Mind that Personal Injury Cases Have a Legal Deadline to Follow
South Carolina’s statute of limitations for personal injury cases, which is written in S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530, gives a general three-year window period for plaintiffs to file their case. Moreover, this window period starts from the date of the accident, with some exceptions depending on certain factors.
For example, if you name a municipality as a liable party, then you have two years from the date of the accident to file, according to S.C. Ann. § 15-78-110.
Missing the Statutory Deadline Could Jeopardize Your Case
In plain language, if you miss your case’s filing deadline, it could bar you from pursuing compensation through a lawsuit. So, if this occurs:
- You may lose leverage against the insurance company if you try to negotiate a settlement, as you would be disqualified to pursue a lawsuit.
- Losing your opportunity to pursue compensation means you have to pay for your current and future damages yourself.
- The negligent party would be absolved of any liability for your damages.
Rather than risk losing your right to fight for your financial recovery, allow our team to manage your case and keep track of its filing deadline. We can arrange materials and resources to file your case on time and keep you updated as it navigates the litigation system in South Carolina.
Our Attorneys Practice in Various Areas Besides Personal Injury Law
In addition to personal injury cases, our legal team at Anastopoulo Law Firm also handles the following types of litigation:
- Wrongful death
- Workers’ compensation
- Class action lawsuits
- False Claims Act matters
- Pharmaceutical litigation
- Sexual harassment
- Workplace discrimination
- Social Security law
Our team has a diverse portfolio of cases, allowing our firm to help people in South Carolina in various ways. We hope to provide you legal assistance no matter what types of legal issues you might be facing. In fact, even if you do not see your case’s category in this article, we may still be able to provide guidance for your case.
Our team is available to discuss your case over the phone, online, or in person. One of our representatives can explain more about how a lawyer from our firm may be able to help you after reviewing your case.
Call Our Team About Your Accident in Myrtle Beach and Learn Your Legal Options
If you are interested in taking legal action to pursue compensation, call Anastopoulo Law at (800) 777-7777 today to receive a free consultation with one of our team representatives.
We can review your accident and begin identifying who you may be able to take action against in Myrtle Beach and then have a lawyer from our team put your personal injury case together. Get started today.
Call or text 803-222-2222 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form