Social Security Law Attorneys in South Carolina
Assisting Clients with All Aspects of Social Security Benefits
Are you a disabled citizen in need of assistance with paying your medical bills and other costs associated with your condition? Do you believe you have been erroneously denied Social Security benefits? If this is the case, we can help. At Anastopoulo Law Firm in South Carolina, we have a team of trained and licensed attorneys, skilled at delivering a broad range of Social Security-related legal solutions. We can provide legal representation, application, and claims submission assistance, and all other legal services required to help you access the Social Security benefits that you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a social security law lawyer serving South Carolina, call 803-222-2222
Understanding Federal Social Security Law
Social Security benefits are available to those disabled people who are unable to work because of their conditions. Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits are a part of a broader federal program intended to provide medical solutions for the U.S.’s most vulnerable and in-need citizens. Those who are retired, disabled or otherwise unable to work for a year or longer because of their health condition are capable of accessing SSD benefits.
The requirements to access SSD benefits include:
- The applicant must have a verifiable medical condition that prevents them from conducting substantial gainful employment/work
- Because of this disability, the applicant can no longer conduct the work that they were once capable of doing
- The disability has resulted in death or has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year
- Because of the disability, the applicant is incapable of adapting to any other type of employment work opportunity
In order to access Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits, in addition to fulfilling the above requirements, there must be a history of employment. SSDI benefits can be accessed if the applicant has had Social Security taxes deducted from their payroll for at least 40 work quarters, though 20 of these work quarters can come from the 10 years before the disability arises. Those who do not qualify for SSDI benefits may still be entitled to access disability benefits through the federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program. Benefits made available under the SSI are intended for those with minimal assets and income.
South Carolina Social Security Law Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
Why You Need a Social Security Law Attorney
At first glance, obtaining SSD benefits may seem like a simple application process that you can complete on your own. However, the reality is that the process can quickly morph into a bureaucratic nightmare that will require the legal assistance of trained and knowledgeable Social Security attorneys.
The Social Security legal services that Anastopoulo Law Firm can deliver include:
- Assistance with filing initial Social Security benefit applications
- Assistance with submitting benefit claims requests
- Review of benefit applications for discrepancies, inconsistencies, and other potential claim denial issues
- Access to medical doctors to strengthen Social Security claims
- Assistance with supplementing benefit claims with additional information
- Claim and case monitoring services
- Legal representation and advocacy in Social Security benefit hearings
- The filing of Social Security decision appeals
- The delivery of the necessary research required for your Social Security benefits claims and applications
Click to contact our Our Additional Practice Areas today
Contact Anastopoulo Law Firm’s Attorneys Today
At Anastopoulo Law Firm we’ve made it our mission to deliver fair and efficient legal representation and advice in Social Security legal issues. We are always available to deliver the legal representation that you require with your Social Security-related legal issues. Reach out to us today to begin working on your case.
Call or text 803-222-2222 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form