Lexington Personal Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one is recovering from injuries after an accident, our Lexington personal injury lawyer will help you file an insurance claim or lawsuit. Our goal is to help you recover from the accident’s financial impact so you can focus on recovering from its physical impact. We will help you recover your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
At Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC., we are passionate about helping you or your injured loved one by thoroughly investigating your accident and assigning liability to the appropriate party. We also make sure your case is accurately valued before we begin negotiations with the opposed party. We will file your case on time and represent you at trial if we cannot reach an acceptable settlement agreement. In other words, we never stop fighting for you.
Our History of Million Dollar Settlements and Verdicts for Injured Clients
Our commitment to the best possible outcome for the personal injury clients we represent is evident on our case results page.
- $7,000,000 bench trial verdict against a company whose driver negligently injured our client
- A $5,000,000 jury verdict for our client who was injured when the defendant crossed the center line and hit her head-on
- A $10,000,000 jury verdict against Walmart when our client was injured while shopping in the store
- A $6,018,000 jury verdict for our client who was assaulted while playing pool at a bar
- A $50,000,000 jury verdict for our client who was killed when a person ran a red light and struck his motorcycle
- A $1,000,000 settlement for a client who was injured in a dump truck collision
These represent only a small sampling of the clients we have helped seek compensation so they can work toward putting their lives back together after an accident. Your case can benefit when you put our 25-plus years of handling personal injury law to work for you.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Lexington, call (800) 777-7777
Financial Compensation for Your Personal Injury Case
The aftermath of an accidental injury can be costly and extensive. Depending on the depth of your injuries, the costs could be long-term or lifelong. We can help you recover these costs from the party whose negligence caused them in the first place.
- Economic damages– current and future medical bills and lost wages, diminished earning capacity, and property damage or destruction
- Non-economic damages– ongoing physical pain and suffering, mental and emotional trauma, and physical disabilities or disfigurement
- Wrongful death damages– funeral and burial expenses, loss of financial and household contributions, and loss of companionship, consortium, and society
Our familiarity with personal injury and insurance law means we ensure your damages are thoroughly documented and assessed.
Lexington Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 777-7777
Save Time by Letting Us Do the Hard Work for You
From the beginning to the end of your case, our accident lawyer in Lexington, S.C., will fight for a fair and appropriate settlement. We leave no stone unturned in our investigation or negotiation process.
To support your personal injury case, our law firm will:
- Make sure we meet the state’s statute of limitations deadline
- Handle all verbal, written, and virtual communications
- Review, collect, and submit evidence on your behalf
- Determine your case’s financial value
- Locate and interview lay and expert witnesses
- Negotiate with the at-fault or liable party’s insurer
- Represent you at trial if we cannot reach a settlement
- Regularly update you on your case’s progress
Your case is always a priority for our team, and we make sure it gets the attention it deserves.
Assigning Liability in Your Personal Injury Case in Lexington, S.C.
Our team will prove the four legally required elements of negligence that allow you to seek compensation. These include duty, breach, cause, and damages. We will collect evidence from:
- Lexington police, including reports and evidence gathered in their investigation
- Lexington Medical Center, including emergency, follow-up, and ongoing medical records
- Our independent canvass for smartphone, security, surveillance, and dashcam images
Evidence collection can be overwhelming since it will come from various sources and require a lot of legwork to uncover. Leave it to us. We will ensure your evidence file is comprehensive and complete.
We will also interview witnesses and make a careful record of your statements about how the accident occurred and the impact it has taken on your lifestyle and on your family.
What if the At-Fault Says I Caused the Accident?
The at-fault party or their insurance company will try hard to lessen their damages. One way that can happen is by saying you are fully or partially responsible for the accident. Here’s why:
- C. Ann. § 15-38-15(South Carolina’s comparative negligence law) reduces your financial award according to the percentage of fault assigned to you.
- Having more than 50% of the fault attributed to you means they do not have to compensate you in any amount.
Even partial fault will decrease your compensation by a corresponding percentage. Our investigation will set out to prove the at-fault party is 100% responsible for the accident or that your contribution was minimal.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Personal Injury Cases Have a Time Limit in South Carolina
Like most people, you have probably heard of the statute of limitations and know it dictates how long you have to file a personal injury lawsuit. When seeking compensation, you should also know the details of:
- The personal injury and wrongful death statute of limitations found in C. Ann. § 15-3-530. It generally allows you to file a lawsuit within three years of an accident (personal injury) or of a demise (wrongful death)
- The medical malpractice statute of limitations found in C. Ann. § 15-3-545. It generally allows you to file your lawsuit up to threeyears from the date of the medical error or from the date the error was discovered.
When we handle your personal injury case, we explain the appropriate statute and any factors that lengthen or shorten the filing deadline. We also ensure timely compliance to protect you from the costly consequences of an expired statute of limitations.
Our Lexington, S.C. Personal Injury Practice Areas
Our Lexington injury lawyer fights for compensation for clients injured in the following types of accidents:
- Bicycle and motorcycle
- Car, truck, and bus
- Dog bites and attacks
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Slip And Fall
- Workers’ Compensation
We also help families cope with birth injuries caused by medical negligence, wrongful death cases, and accidents that cause lifelong repercussions, including brain and burn injuries.
We Offer Personalized Legal Representation
Personal injury law is complex, as are many other legal dilemmas. In addition to personal injury law, we also help clients who are facing the following legal issues:
- Workplace discrimination
- Sexual harassment
- Class actions lawsuits
- Pharmaceutical litigation
When our team is on your side, you never have to navigate difficult legal issues on your own.
Call Us for a Free Consultation Today
Were you or someone you love injured in a vehicle collision, slip and fall, or other negligence-based accident? If so, a personal injury attorney in Lexington, South Carolina, from Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC., can help you pursue the at-fault party for the financial compensation that will let you start rebuilding your life.
Contact one of our personal injury lawyers for your free case review by calling (800) 313-2546 today.