Jasper Personal Injury Attorney
Were you injured in an accident caused by another person or entity? If the accident resulted from their negligence, carelessness, or recklessness, we could help you prove it and build an evidence file that leads to financial compensation. While you focus on your recovery, our Jasper personal injury lawyer will focus on recouping your financial damages. We will make sure the at-fault party is held accountable for their actions.
At Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC., we carefully build your case and assess the financial damages you incurred. After your initial consultation, which is always free, we continue to work with you on a contingency-fee basis. You will pay nothing upfront and no expenses out of your own pocket. Instead, we cover the costs of ensuring you are compensated for all the expenses that stem from your injuries.
Compensation We Have Recovered for Our Injured Clients
We are proud to help injured clients recover compensation in a supportive, responsive legal environment. You can see our history of settlements and verdicts in South Carolina on our case results page.
They include the following client results:
- Bicycle accident – $1,000,000 settlement
- Car accident – $7,000,000 trial verdict
- Construction defect – $1,000,000 settlement
- Motorcycle accident – $475,000 settlement
- Nursing home abuse and neglect – $985,000 settlement
- Premises liability – $10,000,000 jury verdict
- Truck accident – $50,000,000 jury verdict
Every case is different and has its own unique valuation, and we work hard to make sure yours is accurate. Our goal is always the best possible result for you.
Put More Than 25 Years of Legal Service To Work for You
Akim Anastopoulo has been committed to helping injured clients in South Carolina for more than 25 years. Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC. started right here and serves communities that include:
- Myrtle Beach
- North Charleston
- And more
Our personal injury attorneys in Jasper, South Carolina are passionate about seeking recovery for our clients. We will even meet you in your home or hospital room.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving South Carolina, call 803-222-2222
Recoverable Personal Injury Damages You Could Secure
An accidental injury can do more than unexpectedly turn your life upside down. It can also wreak havoc on your immediate and future finances. The types and amounts of damages you can recover will depend on:
- Your accident
- The extent of your injuries
- The expenses and losses that relate to your injuries
S.C. Ann. § 15-32-210 lets you recover the following compensation from the negligent party:
The economic damages you incur after an accident are typically easy to substantiate with receipts, estimates, and bills. These include:
- Current and future medical bills
- Current and future loss of income
- Diminished future earning capacity
- Property repair or replacement
We handle every aspect of your case, including compiling the varied documentation of these expenses.
The non-economic damages you are entitled to can be much more difficult to prove. Our familiarity with state and local law means we understand how to pursue damages for these costs:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Disability and disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life
The evidence we collect to support the value of these damages can include:
- Your written diagnosis
- The opinions of medical experts
- Your own written statement on the effects of your injuries
Wrongful Death Damages
The loss of someone you love will take an emotional toll on your family. It will also take a financial toll that can be hard to recover from. With our guidance and direction, you can recover compensation covering:
- Medical expenses resulting from your loved one’s accident
- Your loved one’s funeral and burial expenses
- Your ongoing pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship and consortium
Our legal team will ensure you understand the damages you can recover, which family members are entitled to file a wrongful death action, and how much time you have to do so.
South Carolina Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
Leave the Hard Work of Building Your Case to Us
Building a personal injury case and fighting for compensation is a long and time-consuming process. You can save time and energy and focus on your recovery by letting our Jasper injury lawyers take care of the following details for you:
- Explain the personal injury and insurance laws that affect your case
- Handle all documentation and filing in the Jasper court system
- Identify all potentially liable parties and handle all communication
- Review, collect, organize, and submit supporting evidence
- Locate and interview witnesses, including expert consultants
- Negotiate with the negligent party’s insurance company
If the insurance company does not make a fair settlement offer, we also represent you in court. In addition, we also make sure you receive regular updates as your case progresses.
We Collect Evidence That Proves Liability in Your Jasper Personal Injury Case
To establish your right to compensation, we prove the at-fault party:
- Owed you a duty of care
- Breached their responsibility
- Caused the accident
- Caused your damages
We collect evidence to prove these elements of negligence, including police, incident, and animal control reports. We also collect your medical records and bills, employment and salary history, and available witness statements.
We Make Sure Liability Is Accurately Assigned
S.C. Ann. § 15-38-15 can decrease your compensation if the at-fault party blames you for partial responsibility in causing your accident. So, our goal in evidence collection is two-fold.
First, presenting proof proves the cause of the accident. Secondly, it proves your contribution was minimal, at best. If the at-fault party is fully to blame, we also make sure the evidence bears that out.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Do Not Risk Miscalculating South Carolina’s Statute of Limitations
Your personal injury case has a filing deadline that must be met. Understanding it on your own can be difficult. Our accident lawyer in Jasper will clarify the appropriate filing deadline, which can generally entitle you to:
- Up to three years from the date of the accident to comply with the personal injury statute of limitations, according to C. Ann. § 15-3-530
- Up to three years from the date of a loved one’s passing to comply with the wrongful death statute of limitations, according to the same statute
- Up to threeyears from the date a medical error was made or discovered to comply with the medical malpractice statute of limitations, according to C. Ann. § 15-3-545
Your right to recover compensation can be jeopardized if you miss the state’s filing deadline. You could be prohibited from filing your lawsuit at all or have it dismissed before it is heard in court. Our early involvement in your case means you can avoid these costly consequences.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Jasper, S.C.
Accidental injuries can happen in more ways than you might think. According to South Carolina Department of Public Safety statistics from 2016, there were 540 car accidents in Jasper.
In addition to car and other motor vehicle accidents, we also represent clients injured in the following ways:
- Birth injury
- Boating accidents
- Construction defects
- Defective drugs
- Dog bites
- Mass torts
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Sinkhole injuries
- Slip and fall injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Wrongful death
Our law firm is proud to help injured clients hold negligent defendants responsible for their actions with sound legal representation you can depend on. We can also help injured workers secure workers’ compensation benefits.
Contact Our Case Consultation Team Today
If you or someone you love was injured (or if a loved one was fatally injured) because of someone else’s negligence, we could help you build a strong case for financial compensation. Our personal injury lawyer in Jasper, South Carolina will review your case at no cost or obligation and negotiate a fair settlement with the at-fault party and their insurance provider.