Charleston Birth Injury Attorney
Was the birth of your new baby complicated by a birth injury? If so, our law firm can help you hold the at-fault doctor, hospital, or other medically liable party accountable. Our Charleston birth injury attorney can prove the cause and the at-fault party’s financial responsibility for the birth injury your child sustained. We can also help you build a strong case. Additionally, handle your case’s legal and insurance details.
When you are ready to seek compensation for the negligence that led to your child’s injury at birth, Anastopoulo Law Firm is ready to help. First, we will obtain your child’s medical records and prognosis for the future. These will help us assign a financial value to your birth injury case.
Monetary Damages We Help You Recover for Your Child’s Birth Injuries
At first, it can seem daunting to assess the financial impact of a birth injury since it can have an immediate, short-term, and long-term impact on your child and your entire family. Therefore, we take these facts into account when requesting recoverable damages, including:
- Medical expenses which include immediate care, required surgical procedures, physical and cognitive therapy, rehabilitation, medication, and assistive medical devices.
- Lost wages for you if you missed work to care for your child or accompany them to health care appointments.
- Pain and suffering for you and your child, including ongoing physical discomfort and mental and emotional anxiety.
- Special education as your child grows, which can include speech and behavior therapy as well as occupational and traditional education.
If the birth injury your son or daughter sustained caused life-long medical and cognitive challenges, we help you calculate and request compensation for their long-term care, including life support, in-home or live-in nursing assistance, modifications to your home, and specialized vehicles.
Your Time Is Limited to Take Legal Action in Charleston
The statute of limitations puts a time limit on how long you have to file a lawsuit against the party whose negligence led to your child’s injury. In general, you have three years to file your lawsuit, according to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-545. The statute of limitations can be complex, though, and your child’s age and other factors may create a change to the general filing deadline.
We will investigate the statute of limitations and make sure your lawsuit is filed accordingly. However, we make every effort to resolve your case with a settlement that will not require you to go to court at all. Our birth injury lawyer will review the merits of every settlement offer received with you and guide you toward making the best decision for you and your family.
For a free legal consultation with a birth injury lawyer serving Charleston, call (800) 777-7777
How Our Birth Injury Attorneys Will Prove the At-Fault Party’s Negligence
Throughout your pregnancy, the relationship you have with your health care provider means you trust them to provide the best care for you and your baby. When your child’s delivery resulted in an injury, our birth injury attorneys help you prove:
- The at-fault medical provider owed you and your child a duty of care
- Your child’s birth injury was caused by the actions that took place during their delivery
To establish these facts for you and to strengthen your birth injury claim, we collect evidence, including your medical records, your child’s medical records, and witness recollections. We may also request copies of professional records, licenses, and certifications for all relevant medical professionals. In addition, we will locate and consult with medical experts as needed.
Important Evidence In Birth Injury Cases
We represent clients whose children were injured by one of the following birth injuries or who received one of the following diagnoses:
- Erb’s palsy
- Cerebral palsy
- Facial paralysis
- Perinatal asphyxia
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Lasting scarring and disfigurement
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
Some birth injuries can result from inadequate or negligent care provided to the mother. This is one of the reasons we request your medical records as well as your child’s. However your child’s injury at birth occurred, we will help you fight to hold the at-fault party financially liable for their action or failure to take action.
Charleston Birth Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 777-7777
Let Us Handle Your Birth Injury Claim
Our interaction with your family starts with a free consultation where we learn about your case and your family. We also review the merits of your case and explain the plan we develop to seek compensation for you and your child. We will:
- Compile evidence and prove cause and liability
- Identify all potentially liable medical professionals
- Assign a financial value to your son or daughter’s case
- File your birth injury insurance claim or lawsuit or both
In addition to fighting for compensation for your family, we do so on a contingency fee basis. Our birth injury lawyer will not get any fees unless we recover a monetary award from the at-fault party for you. We will even meet you at your home or hospital if you cannot come to our office.
Client Care Is Always Our Priority
Every client we represent is a priority for us. When they tell others about their experience with us, previous clients say:
- Bridada Bethea: They made me feel extremely comfortable…and it made a difference with my experience…Thank you all so much! You are SO appreciated.
- Farryn Maddox: They were very professional, and they did things in a timely fashion, I just received my settlement, I am very pleased with everything.
- Catherine Casey: Foss, and Ms. Yvette went above and beyond…They kept us informed as our case moved forward and we couldn’t have done it without Anastopoulo Law Firm.
Find more reviews like these on our client testimonials page and see why clients trust us to fight on their behalf.
Contact Our Office to Discuss Your Claim with a Birth Injury Lawyer Today
If an unexpected injury marred the birth of your son or daughter during their delivery, Anastopoulo Law Firm is available to help you seek compensation. Learn more about the legal options available to you by contacting a birth injury lawyer at (800) 313-2546 today.