Bennettsville Personal Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one is recovering after another party harmed you through negligence, you could take legal action. Reviewing your situation with a Bennettsville personal injury attorney can help you determine if you have grounds for a compensation claim.
Our legal team can review your case for damages, walk you through your legal options, and come up with a strategy to hold the liable party accountable. We have recovered millions for our clients in South Carolina for more than 25 years, and now we’re ready to help you. You can learn more during a free initial consultation today.
Bennettsville, S.C., Injury Victims Can Seek Compensation
The type and amount of compensation for personal injury victims depend on each case’s details. Sometimes settlement amounts can be worth several thousands of dollars, but compensation varies.
Depending on the circumstances and scope of your injuries, you might be able to recover one or more of the following:
- Reimbursement for medical expenses: Did your accident create unexpected medical bills? If so, you could receive payment for expenses related to your injuries and treatment.
- Lost wages: Some injuries are serious enough to affect your ability to work and earn wages. If you lost earning potential because of a personal injury, you could receive compensation through the legal process.
- Damages for emotional suffering: Personal injuries can have secondary effects on your mental health and well-being. Stress, anxiety, sleeplessness, and depression, for example, could leave you as a shell of your former self. Some victims pursue damages for emotional trauma following an accident or injury.
- Wrongful death: Wrongful deaths due to preventable injuries can result in financial compensation for surviving family members.
Personal injuries can completely change your life. It is unfair that victims must deal with the repercussions when someone else is to blame. If you want to learn more about your legal options, our attorney in the Bennettsville area can help you map out your next steps. Our lawyers can answer any of your questions and inform you of the general personal injury lawsuit timeline.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Bennettsville, call (800) 777-7777
Personal Injury Accidents That Can Lead to a Claim
Injuries can happen in your home, at work, or in virtually any setting. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that nearly 98 million emergency room visits are due to unintentional injuries annually.
Even if you take precautions, you cannot control the behavior of others. Regardless of how, when, or where your injury occurred, you could have legal options. Common examples of personal injury cases include but are not limited to:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Wrongful death
- Medical malpractice
- Workplace injuries
- Premises liability for injuries that occur outside your home
- Defective consumer products
- Animal attacks (e.g., dog bites)
Even the slightest of injuries can impact your life, but more serious cases could have long-term effects.
Bennettsville Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 777-7777
How Injuries Can Affect Your Life After an Accident in Bennettsville
Physically, injuries can lead to pain, discomfort, and loss of mobility. Ongoing medical treatment or surgery may even be necessary, keeping you away from the things you love for a long time. Severe injuries could cause permanent disability, loss of strength, and more.
The emotional toll of your injury could also weigh heavily on your routine and general happiness. Some victims experience depression and other lingering effects that may require treatment. Nothing is more important than your health, but some accidents could put your financial security at risk. With medical bills, work status changes, and other unbudgeted expenses, you could be buried under a mountain of financial stress.
We will Help You Figure Out What to do After an Accident in South Carolina
If you or a loved one is suffering in any way after an accident or injury, let us handle your case. If you choose to file a claim or lawsuit, it could help to have a lawyer support you throughout the process.
Should You Hire a Bennettsville Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Case?
Hiring a lawyer is a personal choice. While you could decide to file a claim or lawsuit on your own, some victims find it helpful to have a legal professional’s guidance during the process. Benefits to having a lawyer represent your case include:
- Having a legal professional to answer your questions: If you are unfamiliar with the claims or lawsuit process, a legal team can walk you through each step and answer your questions along the way.
- Help you with paperwork and the filing process: Filing a claim or lawsuit requires a lot of paperwork. These tasks can feel overwhelming during an already stressful time.
- Streamline the claims and lawsuit processes: Having assistance with paperwork and familiarity with the legal process can help move your case through the system as efficiently as possible.
- Seek fair and reasonable awards: Lawyers can help you understand the types of compensation you qualify for, ensuring you have a fair shot at recovering damages. Insurers may try to undervalue your case, but we know what to seek for all of your losses.
When pursuing a lawsuit, it is imperative to act promptly.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
South Carolina Sets a Filing Deadline for Personal Injury Actions
South Carolina allows a limited window for injury victims to sue over losses from an accident someone else caused. Victims generally have three years from their injury date to sue, per S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530. The same statute allows three years to file a wrongful death case. If you are filing a medical malpractice case, you have three years from the date of the error or the date of the error’s discovery, per S.C. Ann. § 15-3-545.
You do not want to miss out on your opportunity to recover the compensation you deserve. Our personal injury attorney in the Bennettsville area is available to review your case free of charge.
Call Anastopoulo Law Firm Today for a Free Consultation
Call (800) 313-2546 today to review your case with an Anastopoulo Law Firm team member during a free, no-obligation consultation. You could be eligible for compensation for your injuries and suffering. Take action today so that you can focus on a brighter tomorrow.