Bennettsville Bicycle Accident Attorney
Commuters, tourists, and avid cyclists enjoy Bennettsville, South Carolina’s picturesque landscapes. Unfortunately, heavy tourism can create dangerous conditions for cyclists. Therefore, we are here to be your Bennettsville Bicycle Accident Attorney.
After a bicycle accident in the Bennettsville area, you could have injuries with big medical bills and missed time at work. Our Bennettsville bicycle accident lawyer can help you decide. We can assist in knowing if taking action against the liable party is right for you. You can explore your next steps today during a free consultation.
Recovering Compensation After a Bennettsville Bike Accident
Firstly, the compensation available for bicycle accidents depends on each accident’s details. Your injuries and recovery time could determine how much compensation you can request from the liable party’s insurer.
Furthermore, bicycle accidents can lead to many difficulties. These include physical injuries, emotional trauma, and financial hardship. In severe cases, injuries can last months or even years. Consequently, you could be left with hefty medical bills, property loss, lingering injuries, lost wages, and more. Generally, the more severe your injuries are, the greater potential you have to recover awards that meet your needs.
Recoverable compensation in your bicycle accident might include:
- Reimbursement for your medical bills, procedures, prescriptions, therapy, and more
- Damages for emotional suffering
- Compensation for lost property, including your bicycle or other items of value
- Lost wages, benefits, bonuses, and tips
- Damages for a reduced quality of life after an accident
- Compensation for eligible family members in wrongful death cases
Our lawyer can help you understand the compensation you could recover. Likewise, we gather evidence that proves your damages. Documents such as receipts and pay stubs can help us prove your financial losses. Similarly, we will assess pain and suffering to estimate a dollar value for them.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Bennettsville, call 803-222-2222
How Our Bennettsville Accident Attorney Can Help Your Case
If you are ready to take legal action, it could be helpful to have a lawyer by your side. Our legal team will:
- Investigate your bicycle accident and compile case-supporting evidence (e.g., witness testimony, the official police report, photos of your injuries, surveillance video from the accident scene, etc.)
- Build your compensation claim
- Name the liable party and establish how their negligence caused your accident
- Evaluate all your damages and determine each one’s value
- File an insurance claim with the liable party’s insurer to negotiate a settlement
- Prepare a lawsuit (if necessary) and file it on time
- Explain all laws that apply to your case
- Update you regularly on your case’s developments
Our lawyer will also explain how the claims or lawsuit process works. This could be beneficial if this is your first time filing an action.
Additionally, filing a claim or lawsuit also requires significant amounts of paperwork. Being bombarded with seemingly endless forms can be overwhelming. Especially when you’re trying to focus on your health and recovery. In conclusion, our team will handle all your paperwork and keep your case on track.
Bennettsville Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
You Must File Your Lawsuit By South Carolina’s Legal Deadline
If you want to take legal action, you have a limited time to act. Per S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530, you have three years to sue.
While this might seem like a long time, you do not want to jeopardize your opportunity to hold the liable party accountable. If you are pursuing a wrongful death action, you also have three years to file.
Click to contact our Bennettsville Personal Injury Attorney today
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
Moreover, bicycle accident injuries and fatalities are common in the United States. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports them causing more than 1,000 fatalities and nearly 500,000 injuries in the United States in 2015.
Common factors that contribute to bicycle accidents include:
- Speeding: This is one of the leading causes of vehicle accidents across the United States. Speeding vehicles are harder to control. Primarily since drivers have less time to react. Whether it is for changing traffic patterns or road conditions.
- Distracted driving: Technology contributes to the number of road accidents involving distracted driving. According to an Insurance Information Institute (III) report, cell phone use distracted 15% of all drivers involved in fatal crashes. This focuses between 2015 and 2019. However, distracted driving is not limited to the use of cell phones. Conversation, looking away from the road, and eating are all distractions.
- Malfunctioning road signs: Crosswalks, stoplights, and other traffic signs aim to keep everyone on the road safe. If a road sign was not working properly, those responsible for maintaining safe roadways could be liable for your accident.
- Improperly maintained trails: The Bennettsville area is filled with on- and off-road cycling trails. These are popular among recreational cyclists. If a trail or bicycle lane is not well-maintained, it can be dangerous.
- Mechanical failures: In some cases, mechanical failures cause accidents. While drivers must operate a vehicle safely, neglecting a potential mechanical issue can prove hazardous.
We will look at the circumstances in your biking accident. From there we will determine who to hold liable for your damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Anastopoulo Law Firm Today for Your Free Consultation
You do not deserve to suffer losses after a bicycle accident that was not your fault. Our attorney serving Bennettsville will guide you through your case’s process. All while protecting your rights and interests.
If you are ready to fight for justice and compensation, the Anastopoulo Law Firm is ready to help. Call (800) 313-2546 for a free, no-obligation consultation with our team today.
Call or text 803-222-2222 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form