Bennettsville Truck Accident Attorney
You could recover compensation if you suffered injuries after a truck accident in Bennettsville, South Carolina. Accidents involving trucks can leave victims with serious injuries that require specialized or long-term care. This includes tractor-trailers, logging trucks, or oversized trucks. The size and weight difference between trucks and passenger vehicles often cause catastrophic results when these two crash. That is why in times of serious or even minor injuries, the experienced team at the Anastopoulo Law Firm is ready to be your Bennettsville Truck Accident Attorney.
A Bennettsville truck accident attorney understands the severity of these crashes. Our lawyers can help you navigate the claims process. For example, our lawyers can identify the specific laws that apply to your case. They can also determine the correct value of your damages based on the facts. You’ll receive a free case review when you call.
Identifying Recoverable Damages to Determine Case Value
To determine how much compensation you may receive in your truck accident case, you first need to identify and calculate all of your damages. In South Carolina, the two main types are:
- Economic damages: May include medical bills, future medical costs, lost income, future lost wages, lost earning potential, assistive services like an in-home healthcare provider, and property damage
- Non-economic damages: May include pain and suffering, emotional anguish, mental health issues because of the crash, scarring, physical disfigurement, and inconvenience
Economic damages compensate you for calculable, out-of-pocket losses. Meanwhile, non-economic damages provide compensation for subjective, non-monetary ways you lose because of the accident. When you work with our lawyers after your crash, we will take care to include all recoverable damages in your case value. This can help you seek the compensation you need to recover.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Bennettsville, call 803-222-2222
What Factors Affect the Value of a Truck Accident Case?
Every accident case is different. No two settlement values will be the same. Our team will consider several factors that can affect your case. For example, the severity of your injuries is a major factor. If your injuries affect your ability to live and enjoy the things that you used to, you may qualify for additional types of damages.
A truck accident often involves multiple layers of insurance policies. This includes those for the truck driver and motor carrier company. And even professional insurance for anyone who provided maintenance services for the truck.
When this is the case, the insurers may try to limit liability to have another policy cover your damages. Thus, leaving you in the middle. As such, we will handle communications with the insurers so you won’t have to fight them on your own.
Bennettsville Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
Major Pee Dee Region Highways Put Bennettsville at Risk for Truck Accidents
Truck accidents are common in Bennettsville and throughout the Pee Dee Region. A major reason is that the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) and the South Carolina Department of Transportation (SCDOT) authorized major highways in Bennettsville as routes for overweight trucks. Including:
- South Carolina Highway 38 (SC 38): Also known as Hamlet Highway in Bennettsville, it forms a business loop, passes through downtown, and is one of the most popular routes to Myrtle Beach.
- South Carolina Highway 9 (SC 9): Known to be the longest highway in the state, SC 9 meets with SC 39 in Bennettsville as part of the business loop through downtown before heading south out of town.
- U.S. Route 15 (US 15): Also known as Highway 15-401 Bypass, this major highway crosses both SC 38 and SC 9, going north-south, spanning the city of Bennettsville on its journey from South Carolina to New York.
- South Carolina Highway 385 (SC 385): This rural Marlboro County highway becomes North Cook Street in Bennettsville and connects the city with the rest of the county.
With major state and interstate highways used as truck routes crossing through the city, truck accidents in Bennettsville can happen every day. In particular, accidents involving logging trucks are common in Bennettsville. Such as the accident that killed two Marlboro County teenagers on SC 38, as WMBF News reported in Myrtle Beach.
Federal Truck Driver Regulations Can Determine Liability
After an accident in Bennettsville, both federal and state trucking regulations may be able to help us prove your claim.
First, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires all truck drivers to meet certain qualifications and maintain a driver qualification file (DQF). This is explained in CFR § 391.51. Additionally, the FMCSA has strict regulations on the hours of service allowed for truck drivers.
Our truck accident lawyers can gather evidence to determine if the driver or the motor carrier company may be liable for failure to follow regulations. Such evidence could come from:
- The driver’s DQF
- The mileage log
- The truck’s electronic on-board recorder
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Several Parties May Be Liable for Your Truck Accident
After a truck accident in Bennettsville, our injury lawyers can help you determine all potentially liable parties. For example, the driver could be responsible for failure to perform required pre-route checks on the truck. Or for not following hours of service rules, or other negligent behavior, such as distracted driving.
Alternatively, the motor carrier company could be liable if they:
- Fail to maintain a complete DQF for the driver involved
- Pressure a driver to work past federally mandated driving hours
- Don’t offer sufficient maintenance resources to complete a route safely
Mechanics or other service providers may also be liable if they fail to provide adequate service. Thus, causing the circumstances leading to the accident.
Our Legal Team Can Help You Progress Your Truck Accident Claim
At Anastopoulo Law Firm, we understand how important it is for you to receive compensation. After a truck accident, our legal team can help you understand and work through every stage of your claim. Including gathering key evidence to show negligence.
Call us at (800) 313-2546 to schedule a free consultation. We can discuss your truck accident claim and your options for seeking recovery.