Kershaw Personal Injury Lawyer
If you were the victim in a personal injury case, you may be figuring out your next steps as you tend to your injuries and manage your losses. You can explore holding the liable party responsible if their negligence caused harm. A Kershaw personal injury lawyer with Anastopoulo Law Firm is ready to fight for your recovery now.
We can build a case for you and help you prepare a claim or a lawsuit to recover damages. The sooner you reach out to us, the sooner we can speak with you during a free, no-obligation consultation. We work on contingency so, we do not charge upfront attorney’s fees. We also do not receive payment unless we recover compensation for you.
What Types of Compensation Can Kershaw Personal Injury Victims Recover?
While each personal injury case is unique, generally, the amount of compensation is proportionate to the extent of your injuries. Compensation for personal injuries cases frequently come in one or more of the following forms:
- Medical treatment: Filing a claim could reimburse you for any medical bills you incurred because of your injury.
- Changes in income: If you could not work because of an injury, you could be eligible for lost wage compensation.
- Property loss: Victims can claim damages if they suffered property damage or their property was stolen or destroyed.
- Pain and suffering: You may be able to recover compensation for the discomfort or pain you are experiencing resulting from your injuries.
- Loss of life enjoyment: If your quality of life suffered because of your injury, you may qualify for “loss of enjoyment” damages.
- Emotional damages: Personal injuries can affect your emotional well-being in addition to your bodily injuries. Some victims experience stress, anxiety, sleeplessness, depression, and other conditions. It is possible to recover damages for emotional suffering in injury cases.
- Loss of consortium: Some injuries can negatively impact your relationship with a spouse or family member. In these situations, loss of consortium damages may be recoverable.
- Punitive damages: In rare cases, victims could receive punitive damages that punish those responsible for their injuries in addition to other compensatory damages.
- Wrongful death: Sadly, personal injury cases can sometimes involve the loss of life. If you lost a family member you could be recover compensation for your loved one’s end-of-life expenses. Please accept our condolences if you lost a loved one. We want to help you if you want to file a wrongful death action if you feel it is right for your family.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Kershaw, call 803-222-2222
How Our Kershaw Personal Injury Lawyer Could Help Your Case
Having a lawyer on your side throughout the legal process could benefit you in many ways. You could save time and stress by having some help with legal paperwork and a team of professionals around to answer your questions throughout each step of your claim or lawsuit. Our Kershaw personal injury lawyer and legal team will help you with the following and more:
- Investigate your accident, possibly going to the scene to examine it
- Gather and review all relevant evidence that helps us build your case (e.g., a police report, medical records, witness statements)
- Take statements from witnesses who can back your story
- Identify all liable parties and establish their negligence
- Assess your damages and value your case
- Negotiate with the liable party’s insurer for a settlement that meets your needs
- Handle all communications and legal paperwork for you
- Represent you in all legal proceedings
- Answer your questions and explain any state, federal laws that apply
- Update you regularly about developments in your case
Kershaw Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
You Generally Have Three Years to File Your Injury Case in South Carolina
Pursuing legal action is a big step but, if you are thinking about it, it helps to keep an eye on the calendar. Hence, you have a limited amount of time to file your case with the civil court. If settlement talks with the insurer stall, we want to preserve your right to seek financial recovery in court.
South Carolina’s statute of limitations gives injured parties three years to pursue legal action in an injury case and wrongful death actions, per S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530. If your personal injury involves medical malpractice, you also have three years, as S.C. Ann. § 15-3-545 shows. However, you must file your case within the deadline the statutes set, or you risk losing your chance to recover your losses. Thus, if you hire us, we will meet all legal deadlines and file your lawsuit on time.
Personal Injury Cases That Could Be Grounds for Legal Action
Personal injury cases encompass a wide range of accidents and injuries. Common types of personal injury claims that could result in compensation include:
- Animal attacks: Dog bites, animal attacks, or transmissions of disease could all result in personal injury claims.
- Recreational accidents: Sometimes accidents happen when you are having fun. Sports injuries, boating accidents, and others can be grounds to take action.
- Assaults: If you were the victim of an injury due to an assault or violent crime, you could have a case.
- Motor vehicle accidents: Motor vehicle accidents are a leading cause of injuries every year. Personal injury claims can include these types of accidents.
- Slip and fall accidents: Unsafe conditions can cause unsafe conditions that lead to slip and fall accidents, which could result in compensation for injured victims.
- Work-related injuries: If your employer put you in a hazardous situation leading to injury, you may be able to file a claim.
- Defective products: As a consumer, you expect the products you use to be safe. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. Sometimes defective products can lead to injury.
- Medical malpractice: Personal injury cases include surgical mistakes, prescription errors, misdiagnoses, and other forms of medical malpractice.
- Wrongful death: Injuries can range from minor to severe, and tragically they can even be fatal.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Anastopoulo Law Firm Today
The team at Anastopoulo Law Firm handles many personal injury cases like yours. For more than 25 years, we have represented many clients, fighting for their financial recovery. If you want to learn more, call (800) 313-2546 for a free consultation today with a team member. We are ready to start working for you.