Greenville Personal Injury Lawyer
For more than 25 years, Anastopoulo Law Firm has been serving clients throughout South Carolina. Moreover, we have multiple office locations, including a firm in Greenville, to better serve victims of negligence throughout the state. Our Greenville Personal Injury Lawyer team is committed to securing the maximum recovery you are owed, an approach that has helped us recover numerous million- and multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts for our clients.
Our personal injury attorneys serving Greenville have a well-earned reputation for being aggressive litigators, capable of taking on even the toughest and most complex of cases. If you were injured due to someone else’s negligence, we can help you navigate the legal process from start to finish. Whether your accident occurred yesterday, or you have been pursuing compensation for a while, we can meet you wherever you are and help you explore your legal options during a free initial consultation.
You May Be Able to Recover Damages in Your Personal Injury Case
People seeking legal action to recover from a personal injury usually want to know how much their case is worth and how much they can expect to receive for their injuries. Each case should be evaluated on an individual basis because no two cases are the same. Anastopoulo Law Firm’s legal team helps our clients assess the value of their claim or lawsuit. We look at various factors of your situation. For example:
- The severity of the injuries you suffered
- The duration of your physical and mental pain and suffering
- How long it will take you to recover from your accident
- Other damages you sustained, such as to your property
- The at-fault or liable party’s insurance coverage, if available
- If you played a role in your accident, and if so, to what degree
We Review Your Economic Damages
We will look at any damages that cost you money. These are known as economic damages and can include any of the following:
- Expenses for your medical treatment (past and future)
- Lost pay and job benefits
- Reduced earning capacity if your injuries keep you from returning to work or force you to find another kind of job
- Property damage (such as a damaged vehicle)
However, you must have receipts, invoices, statements, medical records, or other written documents to prove the dollar amount of these damages.
We Also will Review Your Non-Economic Damages
You may also have damages that don’t have a monetary value, making it more challenging to determine a dollar amount for them. Our legal team can help with that task so that you evaluate your losses for these damages, too. These damages, which are known as non-economic damages, include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Disability or disfigurement
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Our personal injury lawyer serving Greenville will look at damages in both categories and determine how much your case is worth. We can look for other types of damages that you could claim, as well. Furthermore, it is important you know how much your case is worth. This helps you prepare for your case and helps you when reviewing any potential settlement offers from insurers, which are typically too low. Our lawyer will draft a demand letter outlining your claims and file it with the insurer of the party that caused your accident.
Wrongful Death Damages
Some personal injury cases, unfortunately, mean a loss of life. You may be able to file a wrongful death action on behalf of your loved one if they died due to negligence, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse or neglect, or someone’s intentional act. If you qualify to do so under South Carolina law to file this action, and if it is successful, certain surviving family members can recover damages for:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Expenses for the decedent’s medical treatment
- Loss of the decedent’s companionship and protection
- The pain and suffering of the surviving family members
Our personal injury lawyer can help you pursue a wrongful death action and advise you as you determine your next steps.
How Our Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help Your Case
Hiring a lawyer to help you with your personal injury case has multiple benefits. Among them is having an advocate in your corner who understands your situation as well as the law and wants to help you hold the liable parties accountable for your injuries. They can help you determine how much compensation you need to recover from your accident and establish the path you need to take to seek the financial recovery you and your family need.
Our personal injury lawyer serving Greenville can help you navigate the process of pursuing your claim or lawsuit. Moreover, we can offer you legal representation and know the state and federal law. We offer the following services to residents in Greenville:
- Review your evidence and investigate your accident to collect evidence that supports your position and establish liability
- Identify all parties who are liable for your accident, injury
- Build your case for compensation and notify the liable parties that you are seeking financial recovery
- Assess all damages you suffered to establish your case’s monetary value
- Negotiate with the opposed party’s insurers to seek compensation for you
- Represent you in all communications and legal proceedings so you can focus on yourself while we focus on winning your case
- Prepare and file a lawsuit within South Carolina’s statute of limitations if we do not reach a settlement on your behalf
- Represent you at trial to recover compensation for you with a court award, if necessary
You deserve peace of mind while you recover, and we will do everything to make that possible for you. It can be challenging to do this on your own, but the good news is that you don’t have to. Reach out to us today to learn more about how a personal injury lawyer from our firm can help you.
Why Work with Anastopoulo Law Firm?
Anastopoulo Law Firm is steadfastly committed to our clients’ recovery. We look out for clients and their interests, and our achievements reflect that commitment. We have achieved significant milestones in our 25-plus years of meeting clients’ legal needs. Our firm is proud of winning seven of the 10 largest verdicts in South Carolina in 2017, which include settlements worth millions and multimillions of dollars and jury verdicts. Among those are:
- $50 million for a jury verdict for the death of a motorcyclist who was killed when a truck ran a red light
- $5 million for a judgment awarded in a hit-and-run car accident
- $2.6 million for a judgment after a passenger was killed in a stolen car
- $1.9 million judgment for a family who lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident
As our results show, we strive to help our clients receive the maximum compensation they deserve that can help them put their lives back together after an accident. Consider what some of our past clients have said after working with us:
“I absolutely love Anastopoulo Law Firm. They helped me out so much. They were on top of everything. The firm made sure I was ok and that’s a big deal that they go above and beyond to help their clients. I hope I never get hurt again, but if I do, I will let them help me again before anybody else.” – Nikki B.
“They know what to do for you and what needs to be done. Always willing to help.” – Anne B.
“I chose this firm and it was the decision I could’ve made after my accident. Friendly and supportive staff who answered all my questions. Got me what I deserved in a timely manner. Would recommend to everyone.” – Anonymous
We Will Come to You to Talk About Your Accident
Our responsive personal injury attorney will meet you wherever you are to talk with you about pursuing your case, whether that is at your home or the hospital. Additionally, we can visit you in either of these places to discuss your case. We understand that your primary focus will be on healing from your injuries.
Pursuing legal action may feel like another thing to worry about. We understand that recovering from an injury takes time and rest. We can restore both to you if we take this responsibility off your hands and fight your legal battles for you. This will allow you to focus on taking care of yourself. We invite you to learn more about your legal options and how we can help during a free, no-obligation consultation.
South Carolina Law Limits the Time You Have to Pursue Your Case
If you are thinking about taking legal action in your case, we encourage you to start as soon as you can. Taking legal action for a personal injury requires clear decision-making, but you have a limited time to take that next step. Per S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530, you have three years to take legal action in a personal injury case and a wrongful death case. If you do not file your lawsuit in that time, you risk losing your right to seek compensation for your injuries and losses. You can learn more about the timeline that applies to your case. Our personal injury lawyer can review the timeline with you. We will monitor your case and ensure you don’t miss any deadlines.
We will Set Out to Prove the Other Party’s Negligence and Liability
A significant task we take on when managing a client’s case is proving that someone else is responsible for our client’s injuries and losses. Without this essential component, we don’t have grounds for a personal injury case. As we go about building a client’s case for financial recovery, we must first prove that someone owes them money. We must establish four points. The liable party must have:
- Owed our client a duty of care to act responsibly, keep them safe, or keep harm away from them
- Fell short of meeting this duty because they were acting carelessly or recklessly
- Caused our client to suffer an injury or loss due to a failure to act responsibly
- Caused our client to suffer compensatory damages as a result of this injury
If your situation meets all four of these conditions, we can likely pursue an injury case on your behalf. We can confirm if your situation meets these criteria. Our legal knowledge can give you insight into your case that can help you make the best decision for yourself and your family.
More Than One Party Can be Liable for Your Accident
When you meet with us during your free consultation, you may learn that more than one party may owe you compensation, depending on the facts of your situation. Personal injury cases can become more complex if more than one person can be held liable. Our lawyer can sort all liability matters out for you and make it clear who you need to take legal action against.
If you play any role in your accident and are partially liable, you should still seek legal action. South Carolina’s comparative negligence law allows accident victims to pursue financial compensation if their role in the accident is 50 percent or less responsible for their injuries, per S.C. Ann § 15-38-15.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Greenville, S.C.
Anastopoulo Law Firm is a full-service personal injury firm. Our team regularly assists clients with a wide range of personal injury and wrongful death actions.
We Handle the Following Types of Cases:
- Vehicle accidents, including car, truck, and motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Boating and cruise ship accidents
- Catastrophic injuries, including brain, burn, and spinal cord injuries
- Medical malpractice, birth injuries, and nursing home abuse/negligence
- Construction defects
- Product liability claims, including defective drugs
- Premises liability claims, such as slip and falls, dog bites, and sinkholes
- Mesothelioma/asbestos exposure
- Mass torts
- Workers’ compensation
In addition to our personal injury practice, we also assist clients with the following issues:
- Class actions
- False Claims Act
- Pharmaceutical litigation
- Sexual harassment
- Workplace discrimination
- Social Security law
Regardless of the complexity of your case, our attorneys are prepared to answer your questions and provide you with consistent communication throughout the legal process. Our firm offers personalized and compassionate legal services tailored to each client’s unique needs and goals. We take time to listen to you and will put your best interests first as you pursue financial recovery for your accident
We also offer all of our services on a contingency fee basis. This means there are no upfront costs for you, and you only owe attorney’s fees if we successfully recover a monetary award on your behalf.
Don’t Scream – Call Akim: Call Now for a Free Consultation
Anastopoulo Law Firm, led by attorney Akim Anastopoulo, is committed to helping people in their time of need. We understand how difficult it can be to move on with your life after a severe accident or a significant loss. Because of this, our personal injury lawyers serving the Greenville community work to provide you with the tireless legal representation you deserve.
We offer free initial consultations and can come to you if your injuries prevent you from making it to our office. We urge you to seek the medical care you need for your injuries first and then reach out to us to discuss your interest in taking legal action.
To learn more about how Anastopoulo Law Firm can help you, contact us today at (800) 777-7777.
Call or text 803-222-2222 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form