South Carolina Motorcyle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle accidents are all too common and can result in serious injuries and even death. If you or a loved one was injured in a motorcycle collision in South Carolina, a personal injury lawyer from our team can help you fight for compensation.
At Anastopoulo Law Firm, we work hard to help injured people have their cases heard so they can recover damages. During your first consultation, we will review the case and go over your legal options – all at no charge. Once you agree to work with us, our South Carolina motorcycle accidents lawyer will get started on your case.
Motorcycle Accident Victims Can Receive Compensation for Their Damages
Motorcyclists face a high risk of accidents on the road due to their vehicle’s smaller size and the fact that some drivers fail to look out for them like they should. Add on their general lack of protection compared to those in other vehicles, and the danger increases exponentially.
From suffering catastrophic injuries to losing their mode of transportation entirely, motorcyclists can suffer severe damages that have long-term and even permanent effects. Compensation allows them to recover certain damages they suffered, such as:
- Medical treatment costs
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress, including psychological trauma
- Loss of income
- Reduced quality of life
- Reduced earning potential
- Loss of consortium
Our team would have to calculate the value of your specific damages to gauge how much compensation is appropriate for you to demand. We may suggest other recoverable damages during this process, depending on your case’s circumstances.
Families Can Recover Compensation for the Loss of a Loved One in South Carolina
Depending on how severe the collision was, a motorcycle accident can kill a motorcyclist and their passenger. If you lost someone in this type of collision, our hearts go out to you. Having to live with the loss of a loved one can be unbearable, which is why we want to help you hold the liable party or parties accountable for their actions.
With a wrongful death action, you can pursue other damages, such as:
- Funeral arrangement costs
- Loss of financial support
- Loss of parental guidance
- Medical debts left by your loved one
- Loss of consortium
Our team can manage your case while you take time to grieve because we know how overwhelming the legal process can be, especially during a stressful time. We aim to support you on this journey, and that includes handling your legal responsibilities.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving South Carolina, call 803-222-2222
You Get the Full-Service Treatment When You Hire a Lawyer from Our Firm
Working with an attorney at Anastopoulo Law Firm does not mean only one individual is handling your case. You’ll receive the collective support of our team so that your case is comprehensive and accurate. When you work with our firm, you get the full-service treatment, meaning we offer to:
- Investigate your case ourselves to identify who may be held liable
- Collect evidence to support your claims, such as traffic camera footage and witness testimony
- Review insurance policies to see how they may affect your case
- Communicate with involved parties, such as insurance adjusters
- Negotiate a settlement deal, if possible, so that you can avoid going to court
- Prepare legal paperwork necessary for your case
- Calculate your damages so that we understand how much compensation you should demand
If your case must go to trial, our team will also prepare materials for the litigation process. A lawyer from our team will present your motorcycle accident case to the jury and discuss how the other party should be held liable for your injuries and damages.
Our Personal Injury Law Firm Puts Client Satisfaction First
The time following a motorcycle accident is often filled with medical and financial concerns. Our firm never wants to add to these stressors, which is why we offer a free case review and contingency-based representation. You won’t owe us anything up front or out of your pocket—we only take a percentage of the compensation we secure for our clients.
You can hear from some of those we’ve helped below:
- “Best lawyer yet. I made the right decision picking them to help represent me and my children and my sister and her family. This law firm made sure they took great care of my family and I. Thanks so much the Akim Anastopoulo Law Firm!!!!!!” – Lauren T.
- “Akim Law Firm did an awesome job handling my case. Very organized and professional. I will definitely refer my friends and family.” – Blaeton C.
Is It Worth Hiring a Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
Hiring an attorney from our firm to represent you means you don’t have to worry about:
- Saying something to other involved parties that could jeopardize your case
- Leaving any potentially recoverable damages out of your claim
- Accepting a settlement offer for less than your case is worth
- Missing the state’s filing deadline for personal injury or wrongful death lawsuits
Navigating the legal process in South Carolina can involve various obstacles, which our team knows how to handle. When you trust us with your case, we will help you choose the best possible path based on the circumstances to protect you from any additional harm.
South Carolina Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
You Must Submit Your Case By Its Statutory Deadline in South Carolina
Many motorcycle accident cases end in an insurance settlement. However, when the other party’s insurer remains uncooperative during negotiations or refuses to admit liability, our lawyers may need to take further action if you want to pursue compensation.
If you decide to file a personal injury lawsuit about your motorcycle accident, you must abide by South Carolina’s statute of limitations, found in S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530. Per this statute, you generally have three years from the collision date to file with the courts. If you do not file within this time frame, then:
- A judge may dismiss your case since you filed it past the statutory deadline.
- The opposing party will also have grounds to request a dismissal if they find this out as your case is being heard.
- You may lose your opportunity to pursue compensation, making you responsible for covering your damages.
If you are filing a wrongful death lawsuit in South Carolina, you generally have three years from your loved one’s death to sue. The same rules apply if you file past this deadline.
Click to contact our South Carolina Personal Injury Lawyers today
Common Causes of South Carolina Motorcycle Collisions
Any time a motorcycle is on the road, the rider is at risk because there is no protective shield between them and other drivers or obstacles. Therefore, it’s vital for motorcyclists to recognize the causes of motorcycle accidents to stay safe. A broad range of situations can lead to these collisions, including:
- Drunk driving: Like any motor vehicle collision, many motorcycle accidents involve intoxicated drivers.
- Failing to check before changing lanes: Motorcyclists are at serious risk when drivers fail to check their blind spots when changing lanes. Motorcycles are smaller vehicles, meaning they’re easily out of view unless drivers take the extra precaution to look behind them and signal when changing lanes.
- Motorists who open their car doors: Drivers can open their car doors right into a motorcyclist’s path if they fail to check that the traffic lane next to them is clear when parked on the street.
- Speeding: Whether a driver speeds to get through a yellow light or turns in a tight window, motorcyclists are at risk of harm.
- Motorcycle defects: When a part is not made or designed safely, or there is a failure to warn about a potential hazard, the manufacturer can be considered liable if a defect causes an accident.
At Anastopoulo Law Firm, we take these cases seriously because we recognize the serious dangers motorcyclists face. Our team can investigate your or your loved one’s motorcycle accident to identify what caused it and then gather evidence to support these findings.
What to Do After Getting Into a Motorcycle Crash in South Carolina
Immediately after a motorcycle accident, you can take certain steps to support a compensation case against the liable party. In addition to some of the basics covered in our Auto Accident FAQ, we encourage you to:
- Call law enforcement as soon as possible to create a police report of the incident, which you can use in your legal dispute.
- Seek medical help for your injuries.
- Obtain the other party’s name, phone number, and address, and all accident witnesses’ contact information.
- Take photographs of the accident scene, the damage to your vehicle or motorcycle, and your injuries.
- Considering reaching out to Anastopoulo Law Firm for legal help.
If you could not retrieve evidence at the accident scene because it was too dangerous (e.g., you were on I-95 or I-77) or you were too injured, no need to worry. Our team could still retrieve evidence from the scene if you contact us soon enough, or we will search for footage that captured the event.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Anastopoulo Law Firm to Hire a Lawyer for Your Motorcycle Accident Case
At Anastopoulo Law Firm, we help people in South Carolina who have been injured in motorcycle accidents. If you or your family member was a victim of this kind of collision, call us at (800) 313-2546 to hire a lawyer from our team to represent you.
With our South Carolina motorcycle accident lawyers on your side, you can feel peace of mind knowing that your case is in compassionate, professional hands.
Call or text 803-222-2222 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form