North Charleston Bicycle Accident Attorney
If you or someone you love was injured in a bicycle accident, you could have the basis of a personal injury case against the driver whose negligence caused the collision. Our law firm can help you build a compensation case that compels the at-fault driver to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and more. We will also obtain, complete, and submit all required paperwork. This will make sure your case is filed on time.
At Anastopoulo Law Firm, our North Charleston bicycle accident attorney will provide legal guidance. And support you throughout your fight for monetary recovery. We start by identifying the at-fault driver and their insurance company. Most personal injury cases are settled without going to court so after these identifications are made, we handle all communication and settlement negotiations with the insurance company’s representative.
Actions We Take After Your Bicycle Accident
According to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) data, bicyclists typically sustain much more severe injuries in a collision. Compared to vehicle passengers. In addition, many collisions can be avoided if both parties share roads responsibly. When a vehicle driver’s negligence leads to an accident, we will:
- Identify the at-fault driver
- Collect evidence on your behalf
- Deal with insurance matters
- Manage all legal issues
- Negotiate a fair settlement
We will also investigate the accident, examine your medical records, and assign a value to your accident-related expenses and losses. Our goal is to demonstrate the nature of your bike accident injuries. In addition to their severity, and the time your health care team anticipates it will take you to reach maximum medical improvement. These values and timelines help us determine the value of your compensation request.
Our Bicycle Accident Attorneys Work on a Contingency Fee Basis
Fear of retainers or other legal expenses should not stop you from seeking legal help and support after a bike accident. We do not pile financial strain on top of the stress of the post-accident experience. Instead, we will:
- Review your case at no cost to you
- Absorb all upfront fees and expenses
- Represent you on a contingency fee basis
Because our bicycle accident lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, we do not request any fees from you until your case is settled. We believe in transparency and honesty when representing you. Therefore, only after your accident case is resolved in or out of court, will we receive a percentage of your settlement. Which we explain upfront.
Hear from Accident Victims We Helped in the Past
Injury victims deserve an advocate who will never stop fighting for them. Personal injury clients we helped in the past said:
- Bridada Bethea: Each and every time I’ve called Anastopoulo Law Firm, all staff was tremendously helpful… They made me feel extremely comfortable to speak to them.
- Jennifer Butler: This law firm was EXCELLENT!!!! They are very professional and honest… I highly recommend them to anyone.
You can read additional reviews on our website. Also, you can see a sample of our recent settlements and verdicts on our South Carolina results page.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving North Charleston, call (800) 777-7777
Types of Damages We Track to Calculate Your Financial Compensation
As an injury victim in North Charleston, you can depend on our law firm to manage your compensation case. So, to make sure your claim is settled for the correct monetary value, we carefully track and calculate:
- Medical bills. Which can include emergency care, hospitalization, prescription and over-the-counter medication, surgical procedures, and rehabilitation.
- Income loss. Which can include days you miss from work during your recovery from your full-time job, part-time job, or both. It can also include compensation for your reduced earning capacity.
- Property damages. Which can include the cost of repairing your bike or replacing it. If it is declared a total loss.
- Pain and suffering. Which can include physical, mental, and emotional trauma and anxiety.
If a family member was fatally injured in a car versus bike accident, we will request wrongful death damages. Compensation for family members who lost a loved one can include the recoverable damages listed above. In addition to funeral and burial expenses. As well as compensation for specific losses. Compensable losses include the loss of guidance, companionship, and consortium.
South Carolina Law Limits Your Time to Take Legal Action
Pursuing a negligent driver for compensation after they caused your bike accident is time-sensitive. Because your accident happened in North Charleston, it is subject to the following filing deadlines:
- According to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530, the personal injury statute of limitations is generally three years from the date of the accident
- Under the same statute, the statute of limitations is generally three years from the date of the victim’s demise
Complying with the statute of limitations is as important to your case as evidence collection. Because, failure to comply could prevent you from getting any compensation at all. Therefore, when we represent you, we make sure your bicycle accident case is filed on time. With enough notice from you to avoid this costly consequence.
Vehicle Drivers Must Respect Bicyclists
SC has laws in place to protect vulnerable bicyclists when sharing roads with much larger passenger vehicles and SUVs. According to S.C. Ann. § 56-5-3230, vehicle drivers are required to exercise caution and due care to avoid accidents with bicycles. Including:
- Maintaining a safe distance
- Using their horn and signals
If the driver who caused your accident did not provide you with the due care required, we could use your crash report and other evidence to prove the validity of your case. We also present your evidence to the at-fault party to settle your case as seamlessly and expeditiously as possible.
North Charleston Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (800) 777-7777
Learn More About Your Legal Options By Contacting a Bicycle Accident Lawyer Today
After a bicycle accident in North Charleston, our bicycle accident lawyer can help you pursue the at-fault driver for financial compensation. Get a free review of your case from Anastopoulo Law Firm by calling (800) 313-2546 today.