North Charleston Truck Accident Attorney
North Carolina roads often have a significant presence of commercial trucks. With more traffic from 18-wheelers, semi-trucks, garbage trucks, dump trucks, and other large, heavy vehicles, drivers are more likely to suffer severe injuries in a truck collision.
A North Charleston truck accident attorney can help you fight for compensation if a truck accident leaves you injured. So, when you call us at Anastopoulo Law Firm for a free consultation, our legal team can listen to the details of your case. We can advise you on the possible legal options available to you. As well as the support we can offer.
Many North Charleston Roadways Are Also Designated Trucking Routes
Truck accidents are increasingly common on high-speed roads. Such as highways and interstates throughout North Charleston. As commercial traffic increases, the risk of these severe accidents may also increase.
According to the South Carolina Department of Transportation (SCDOT), many of North Charleston’s major roadways are designated as official trucking routes. Additionally, many are approved for overweight trucks. Including:
- I-26, the longest interstate highway in South Carolina
- I-526, also known as the Lowcountry Corridor or the Mark Clark Expressway
- US 78, or Rivers Avenue in North Charleston
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving North Charleston, call 803-222-2222
How We May Be Able to Help with Your Truck Accident Case
After a truck accident, our injury lawyers can work with you to pursue the compensation you need to recover. Truck accident cases may involve complex navigation of various insurance policies, along with state and federal regulations. When you hire us, we can provide support by:
- Requesting the Driver Qualification File (DQF) required by 49 CFR 391.51 to investigate the truck driver involved
- Gathering other essential evidence related to the driver and motor carrier company involved in your crash
- Identifying all of the possible insurance policies that may apply to compensate you for your injuries
- Working with medical experts and your physician to understand the long-term prognosis associated with your specific injuries
- Negotiating on your behalf with the truck driver, motor carrier company, and any insurers that may be involved with your claim
- Determining if the involved parties failed to follow any state or federal regulations that apply to commercial vehicle safety
- Helping you work quickly to build your claim with the evidence required while meeting all time limits that apply
After a truck accident in North Charleston, our injury lawyers can help you navigate the claims process. We aim to represent your interests so you can get the compensation you seek.
Past Case Results for Victims of Truck Accidents
We have worked with victims of truck accidents across South Carolina. Although navigating a truck accident case can be complex, our injury lawyers have helped victims get compensation for their injuries. Some of our past truck accident case results include:
- $1,000,000 for a client hurt in an accident with a dump truck
- $50,000,000 for the family of the victim of a fatal truck accident
Your case result will depend on several factors unique to your North Charleston truck accident. Our injury attorneys will take the time to value your case properly and seek compensation to address your exact damages.
North Charleston Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
Determine How Much Your Case Is Worth By Identifying Damages
The total value of your settlement will depend on your specific injuries and other losses related to the crash. In many cases, truck accident victims suffer from severe injuries due to the sheer size of today’s commercial vehicles, impacting overall settlement values.
The first step to determining the value of your truck accident case is identifying the types of damages that may be available to you. Although your specific damages depend on the facts of your case, you may be eligible to request damages for:
- Medical expenses, including emergency treatment, surgeries, physical therapy, specialist visits, and medications
- Future medical costs to compensate you for the medical treatment you are expected to need long term due to the crash
- Lost income based on your wages at the time of the crash, for the time you cannot work because of your injuries
- Future lost wages to accommodate the total time you are expected to miss from work while you recover from your injuries
- Pain and suffering, which is compensation for all of your physical and emotional challenges due to the crash
- Emotional anguish to compensate you for emotional issues, including PTSD, anxiety, or mental stress
- Loss of enjoyment for acknowledging how you may no longer be able to enjoy doing the things you did before the truck accident
- Physical impairment, disfigurement, disability, or scarring
What Is the Time Limit to File a Truck Accident Case in South Carolina?
Depending on the specific facts and issues present in your case, you may not be able to reach a settlement with the liable party and their insurance company outside of court. In this case, you may want to pursue a formal lawsuit for compensation after your truck accident.
To ensure you meet the statute of limitations, you will need to file your lawsuit with the appropriate court within three years of the accident, according to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530. Our truck accident attorneys can work quickly to help preserve your right to pursue compensation for your injuries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Determining Liable Parties Is a Crucial Aspect of Your Claim
In many truck accident cases, several different parties may be responsible for the crash. Here are some of the parties that you could name in your claim:
- The truck driver might be liable if they were driving while distracted, failed to perform required truck maintenance, or exceeded the maximum hours of service per Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
- The motor carrier company might be liable for failing to perform the required background checks on a driver or maintain a DQF on the driver involved.
- Commercial vehicle mechanics, truck manufacturers, or parts manufacturers may be liable for the accident when malfunctions occur.
Contact Anastopoulo Law Firm for Help with Your Truck Accident Case
If you have been hurt in a truck accident in North Charleston, our lawyers can work with you to build a compensation claim. Our legal team can help you identify the liable parties, meet time limits, and gather key evidence.
Call us at (800) 313-2546 to discuss your case and learn more about your options.