North Charleston Medical Malpractice Attorney
If you or someone you love is a medical malpractice victim, the team at Anastopoulo Law Firm will help you pursue financial compensation. On your behalf, we will identify the at-fault medical professional or facility. We will also determine the financial value of your case and negotiate a favorable financial settlement that lets you get back to your life.
Your medical malpractice case can be emotional and exhausting. Our personal injury team will bring an objective perspective to your legal fight. When you are ready to focus your attention on recovering your health, our North Charleston medical malpractice attorney will build your case and help you fight for the financial compensation you deserve.
What Constitutes Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice can seem like a broad term. In North Charleston, S.C. Ann. § 15-79-110 defines it as a medical professional making an error that a reasonable peer would not make. It can also include their failure to take a necessary action that a reasonable peer would have taken. At Anastopoulo Law Firm, our medical malpractice attorney will determine the error that led to your current health situation.
Many times, people think medical malpractice applies only to doctors. By the state’s definition, you could also be entitled to financial recovery if your injuries involved a dentist, nurse, or other health care practitioner. Similarly, you might also have a case against a hospital or another health care facility.
When we handle your case, we will prove the at-fault party owed you a standard of care they did not meet. We also prove their negligence led to your injuries and resulting financial damages.
An Affidavit of Merit Can Substantiate Your Case
When we prepare your medical malpractice case, it must include an affidavit from a medical expert, according to S.C. Ann. § 15-79-125, along with a Notice of Intent to File Suit. Our medical malpractice lawyer will take care of both for you and ensure your affidavit contains the following required elements:
- Lists all potentially liable parties
- Details the validity of your case
- Contains required signatures
- Must be served to all relevant parties
If you or someone you love suffered from adverse health because of a misdiagnosis, missed diagnosis, surgical error, or anesthesia error, our medical malpractice team is on your side.
For a free legal consultation with a medical malpractice lawyer serving North Charleston, call (800) 777-7777
Medical Malpractice Compensation
When a medical mishap leads to an injury that damages your health and well-being, you can hold the at-fault party responsible. Our goal when representing you is to fight for the recoverable damages you deserve. As we assess your case, we request the following two types of damages:
- Economic damages, including current and future medical bills and lost wages. These can also include treatment-related travel expenses and any in-home medical and domestic support you need.
- Non-economic damages, including physical disability, impairment, and disfigurement. These can also include pain and suffering, mental and emotional anguish, and loss of enjoyment of life.
Our law firm is committed to fighting for you and will ensure your case complies with all required legal and insurance elements. We will also present your evidence, compensation request, and demand letter to the at-fault party in an organized and compelling manner.
Do Not Let Your Right to Compensation Expire
In South Carolina, you generally have up to three years to file a medical malpractice lawsuit. Because the exact date a medical error occurred can sometimes be difficult to pinpoint, the relevant date starts on either the date of the error or the date the error was discovered, according to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-545.
When our legal team represents you, we help you uncover the date the medical mistake occurred or was discovered to ensure we comply with the statute of limitations deadline. Do not let the cost of hiring a lawyer prevent you from getting legal help right from the start. When we represent you:
- We do so on a contingency basis.
- You pay no upfront costs or fees.
- We do not get paid unless you recover compensation.
You do not have to hesitate to involve our team if you or a loved one suffered a medical, prescription, or surgical error that a doctor, dentist, or another health care provider caused.
North Charleston Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near Me (800) 777-7777
How We Handle Your Medical Malpractice Case
Proving medical errors and the date they occurred can be a trying and time-consuming process. When you entrust your medical malpractice case to our team, we take time to explain how South Carolina law affects your case. We will also:
- Explain relevant medical malpractice laws
- Identify the at-fault medical party or parties
- Document the at-fault party’s negligence
- Handle the settlement negotiation process
Our team handles not just the negotiation process but every part of dealing with the insurance company. From claim forms to requests for information to phone calls and emails, we take care of every detail related to proving you should receive compensation for the at-fault party’s negligence.
Our Medical Malpractice Team Is on Your Side
Our team works hard to ensure every client we represent gets the attention and support they need. Previous clients say:
- This law firm was very professional and helpful with my case. Kept me informed always and got me my money fast. Efficient & great work!!! – Courtney Unique
- Quick to settle. Polite, and I would come back. At the closing, Mr. Bass was really nice. The best [of] the lawyers I’ve seen yet. Thank you, guys, so much. – Shannon Simmons
- I had a very great experience. They were very friendly and answered all of my questions. They’re also great lawyers that you can trust to get the job done. – Keisha Sanders
You can read more about our team from the perspectives of people and families we have helped on our client testimonials page.
Review Your Case at No Cost
Were you or someone you love the victim of a medical error in North Charleston? Our medical malpractice attorney will help you build a solid case against the at-fault party. Find out how hard we fight for you by calling our Anastopoulo Law Firm case review team at (800) 313-2546 today.