Lexington Personal Injury Attorney
When someone else’s actions cause or contribute to your injuries, you have a right to hold them accountable. Under South Carolina law, you can seek compensation for resulting medical bills and other damages from an incident. A Lexington personal injury attorney from Anastopoulo Law Firm is ready to represent you throughout the legal process.
If you have been injured in Lexington, you can reach out to our team for a free consultation. Once you hire us, we’ll get to work on your personal injury claim right away. Our services require no upfront or out-of-pocket payment.
Our Attorneys Serve Clients Throughout South Carolina
Anastopoulo Law Firm has multiple office locations in South Carolina to best serve injured people. At our Lexington location on Ann Street, we provide comprehensive legal services for victims of personal injury and wrongful death. These include:
- Reviewing the case: Our team will listen to your account of the incident and discuss the details with you during a free consultation. We will also answer your questions and explain your case’s next potential steps.
- Gathering evidence: If you hire our team, we will begin investigating the case right away. Our attorneys will need evidence of what caused the incident, who is liable, and the damages you suffered.
- Calculating case value: Before seeking your financial recovery, we must identify and estimate the value of each loss you suffered. Doing so helps us guide settlement negotiations.
- Communicating on your behalf: Since statements you make could be used against you, our lawyers will communicate with the involved parties for you.
- Filing your claim: Personal injury cases often end in a settlement, so we will likely submit a claim to the liable party’s insurer to request compensation.
- Negotiating for a fair settlement: The first offer you receive may not account for all your damages. We’ll protect you from accepting an inadequate settlement.
- Determining if and when to take the case to court: In some cases, going to trial and requesting a court award is the only way to secure damages.
- Advocating for you throughout the legal process: Seeking compensation can be overwhelming, particularly when dealing with injuries. Our team will guide you as you make critical decisions and fight for you at every turn.
Our Lexington personal injury lawyers are familiar with all aspects of state and federal personal injury law, and we strive to provide efficient, effective, and affordable representation to every client.
Praise from Our Previous Clients and Community
Our firm has received recognition from multiple prestigious organizations over the years, such as Martindale-Hubbell® and South Carolina Super Lawyers®. Several news outlets have also featured us for the cases we’ve handled.
Still, the best praise we receive comes from injury victims we’ve helped. We are honored to assist those in need and proud to have secured many million- and multimillion-dollar results for our clients. You can hear from some of our satisfied Lexington clients below:
- “Excellent service and very professional. Attorneys reach out when necessary, otherwise can trust the case is being handled with the utmost care and attention.” – Zeke Lollis
- “Great staff and great results. Highly recommended!” – Jerry Cahalan
- “I would highly recommend Anastopoulo Law Firm to friends, family, or anyone looking for a lawyer!” – Tara Bannon
Hiring Our Firm Doesn’t Have to Cost You Out of Pocket
Many injury victims worry that hiring a lawyer will put them at risk for further financial harm. However, our firm operates on a contingency fee, which means you pay nothing upfront or out of pocket for representation.
We cover the costs to build, file, and pursue your claim and only take our fee when we deliver compensation to you. Our Lexington Personal Injury Attorney team will discuss the exact percentage we collect from your settlement or court award before you hire us so that you know what to expect.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Lexington, call (800) 777-7777
What You Could Recover in a Lexington Personal Injury Case
Injuries can range from mild to severe, depending on the type of accident you experienced. You may suffer various other damages, as well. When you seek compensation through a personal injury case in South Carolina, you could recover:
- Medical treatment you received and treatment you will need in the future
- Income you couldn’t earn during your recovery period
- Reduced earning capacity if your disability impacts your ability to perform your job
- Property damage, such as a totaled vehicle
- Pain and suffering
Additionally, other forms of compensation are available in wrongful death cases. Our team will record the specific damages you and your family suffered and estimate their value for you.
Lexington Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 777-7777
Proving Liability for Your Injuries
Establishing liability in a personal injury case requires us to prove four elements:
- Another party owed you a duty of care
- That party violated their duty of care, putting you and others at risk of harm
- The other party’s actions led or contributed to your accident
- You suffered physical, financial, and/or emotional damages in the incident
Our team will collect evidence to support these elements while investigating your case.
You Have a Limited Time to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Lexington
All states enforce statutes of limitations on civil cases. In South Carolina, the deadline for filing a personal injury lawsuit is three years, per S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530. For a wrongful death lawsuit, this law outlines a two-year filing window.
It’s vital to keep these deadlines in mind, as you lose your right to sue in Lexington County court once they pass. Though there are some exceptions, you want to get started early to protect your right to seek compensation. One of our first steps when handling your case will be to identify the corresponding deadline so that we file on time.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Types of Personal Injury Cases Our Firm Handles
With more than 25 years of experience, our legal team regularly assists clients with a wide range of complex and difficult issues. Furthermore, we represent clients dealing with personal injury and wrongful death cases in variety of practice areas.
At Anastopoulo Law Firm, we handle cases involving:
- Bicycle accidents
- Birth injuries
- Boating accidents
- Brain injuries
- Burn injuries
- Car accidents
- Construction defects
- Cruise ship injuries
- Defective drugs
- Dog bites
- Mass torts
- Medical malpractice
- Motorcycle accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Sinkhole injuries
- Slip and fall accidents
- Spinal cord injuries
- Truck accidents
- Workers’ compensation
- Wrongful death
We also assist clients with class actions, defamation lawsuits, False Claims Act issues, pharmaceutical litigation, sexual harassment, workplace discrimination, and Social Security law issues. No matter your legal needs, you can rely on our attorneys to answer your questions and provide the aggressive advocacy you deserve.
Contact Anastopoulo Law Firm for a Free Consultation Today
Lastly, the attorneys at Anastopoulo Law Firm are committed to representing people who suffered harm due to someone else’s actions. When you contact us about your Lexington injury case, we can begin an extensive and thorough investigation into what caused your accident and who is liable for your injuries.
Our personal injury lawyers leave no stone unturned and often work with a team of experts to determine an accident’s full impact. Let our Lexington Personal Injury Attorney team use our resources and knowledge of South Carolina law to work for you. Call (800) 313-2546 or click to contact our team today.