South Carolina Burn Injury Lawyer
If you experienced severe burn injuries due to someone else’s negligent or intentional actions, Anastopoulo Law Firm is here to help. We are ready to pursue the compensation and damages you need to cover the costs associated with a burn injury. Our South Carolina burn injury lawyer team understands the intricacies of burn injuries and their consequences. We provide the legal representation and advice needed to seek and possibly secure a just payout based on your medical needs and other related costs.
We will review your legal options with you for free today.
Our South Carolina Law Firm Can Help You File Your Claim and Seek Compensation
Regardless of whether heat, fire, chemicals, radiation, or electricity caused your burn injury, the South Carolina burn injury attorneys from Anastopoulo Law Firm may be able to help. Our legal team can provide the legal representation necessary to pursue and recover compensation for your injuries, treatment, and related expenses.
Some benefits of working with our law firm include the following:
- Initial consultations are free
- Millions of dollars recovered for our previous clients
- 25+ years of legal experience
- Personal & tenacious representation
Accessible Legal Representation in South Carolina
Our team at Anastopoulo Law Firm also handles personal injury cases based on contingency. We do not charge our clients any upfront fees to represent them and manage their claims.
Instead, we use our firm’s financial resources to fund our investigations and the development of a strong case. Then, our attorneys recover fees from the payout. If we do not secure a settlement for you, we will not get paid, either.
You can learn more about how we help burn injury victims and their families during a free case review. During this meeting, we will discuss your case, legal options for compensation, and other details. Our team meets with potential clients in our offices in South Carolina, including:
- North Charleston
- Myrtle Beach
We can also meet in your home, a hospital, rehabilitation facility, or another location.
For a free legal consultation with a burn injuries lawyer serving South Carolina, call 803-222-2222
Recovering Compensation Based on Your South Carolina Burn Injuries
If we find evidence to support another party’s careless or reckless actions causing your injuries, we can file an insurance claim or lawsuit against them to recover compensation. This compensation depends on your incurred damages, meaning the expenses and losses you endured because of the accident and your injuries.
Burn injuries can be costly and require extensive treatment. Some people suffer lasting impairments as a result. Damages recoverable in these cases could include:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation costs and therapy
- Wages and benefits lost
- Diminished earning capacity
- Miscellaneous related expenses
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Other intangible damages
Fatal Burn Injury Cases
Burn injuries have a high risk of infection and can be life-threatening. If your loved one suffered severe burns and passed away as a result, your family may have a wrongful death case against the at-fault party. This could allow you to recover damages such as:
- Medical bills incurred before their death
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of income
- Loss of services
- Non-economic damages suffered by surviving family members
We can explain more about your legal rights and options based on the details of your case during a free consultation.
South Carolina Burn Injuries Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
Understanding the Intricacies of South Carolina Burn Injury Cases
Burns are injuries to the body caused by fire, radiation, heat, electricity, or chemicals. Severe burns, such as those that cover a large portion of the body or impact internal organs, are often fatal; others result in lifelong medical complications. In addition to lasting physical damage to the skin and altering physical appearances, a serious burn injury can have significant psychological and emotional effects on the sufferer.
Doctors classify burn injuries in the first, second, third, or fourth degree, each representing an increasing level of severity. The following is a short description of each:
- First-degree burns: The least severe type of burn, first-degree burns affect the outer layer of the skin. They cause minor pain and redness in this area. Sunburns are generally first-degree burns.
- Second-degree burns: These burns affect the first and second layers of skin. Second-degree burns can cause blistering, fluid buildup, and damage to deeper skin tissues, resulting in a whitened outer appearance.
- Third-degree burns: These burns are “severe” in nature and involve the charring of all the skin’s different layers. The skin affected by a third-degree burn turns hard, thick, and leathery. Fluid buildup occurs, and the area may become purple. Third-degree burns may not feel painful because of the nerve damage involved. Plastic surgery such as skin grafting may be necessary.
- Fourth-degree burns: These burns are the most severe. Fourth-degree burns can result in the complete charring of all the layers of the skin and muscle tissue and into the bone. These burns are often life-threatening or fatal and generally require extensive plastic surgery.
Click to contact our South Carolina Personal Injury Lawyers today
Deadlines for Suing the Liable Party for South Carolina Burn Injuries
South Carolina has a general deadline for filing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit under S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530. This statute gives most victims only three years from the date of the incident or the date of their loved one’s death to file a lawsuit. Missing this deadline could cause you to lose the right to sue.
Building a personal injury case can take months, so we recommend reaching out to us as soon as possible. If your loved one suffered severe burns, you can connect with us on their behalf while they undergo treatment and recovery. Our South Carolina burn injuries lawyer team will review the case today.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Speak with a Team Member for Free About Your Case Today
You do not have to try to navigate the insurance claims process on your own. Our South Carolina burn injury lawyer team understands the intricacies of burn injuries and their consequences. We provide the legal representation and advice needed to seek and possibly secure a just payout based on your medical needs and other related costs. The team will review your case during a complimentary consultation. During this discussion, we can explain your options and how our legal representation can help you recover fair and just compensation to pay for your care needs.
Call (800) 777-7777 today to get started.
Call or text 803-222-2222 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form