Darlington Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one suffered an injury in a car accident, speaking with a Darlington car accident attorney from Anastopoulo Law Firm could help you understand your legal options. Including whether you can sue for damages that someone else’s negligence caused. Then, we will review the details of your car accident to determine if you can hold the liable party accountable and file a claim with their insurer.
We will gather evidence, build your case, and negotiate with an insurance company to recover damages for you. However, if we cannot settle your case, we could seek legal action at trial. For more than 25 years, our clients have trusted us with their injury cases, and we have recovered millions for them. We want to do the same for you. You can start today with a free consultation where you can explore your next steps.
Types of Recoverable Compensation
Darlington car accident victims can seek compensation for pain, injuries, suffering, and loss after an accident. If you have been in an accident, you could be eligible to recover one or more of the following damages:
- Lost wages: If you were unable to work because of your injuries, vehicle loss, or other effects of your accident, you can recover compensation for lost earnings.
- Wrongful death: Sadly, some people do not survive their car accident injuries. You or your family members might be able to recover damages after losing a loved one in an accident they did not cause.
- Medical bill reimbursements: Car accidents injuries can last for a long time, leading to seemingly endless medical bills. In some cases, victims can be reimbursed for accident-related medical bills.
- Damages for emotional trauma: Car accidents are not only physically dangerous, but they can also affect your mental health. Some victims experience trauma that causes sleeplessness, anxiety, fear of driving, and even depression. If your accident affected your mental health, you could be eligible for compensation.
We will review your accident to see what damages you could recover and assign a value to your case. Hence, this is the amount we will request from the liable party and their insurer.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Darlington, call 803-222-2222
We Will Manage Your Case from Start to Finish
When our legal team represents you, we will build your case to prove your right to receive compensation. We will handle all communications for you, giving you more time to focus on recovering from your injuries. We will:
- Gather and review the evidence in your accident
- Find and take statements from witnesses
- Establish the liable party’s negligence
- Calculate your case’s financial value
- Negotiate a monetary settlement with the insurer
- File your lawsuit with the court if we cannot reach a settlement
While most injury cases settle out of court, sometimes we must sue for our clients’ recovery. If this happens with your case, we will represent you and your interests while fighting for your award at trial.
Darlington Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
Determining Liability in a Darlington, S.C., Car Accident Case
A car accident could involve multiple parties in a car accident. Additionally, external factors, such as weather, road conditions, and malfunctioning signals or signs could play a role. Because there are so many variables at play, it can be difficult to determine liability.
Ways Another Party Could be Liable for Your Damages
Examples of how another party may have contributed to your accident include but are not limited to:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or other mind-altering substances
- Careless or reckless driving
- Failure to obey traffic signs or laws
- Mechanical failures (e.g., such as failed brakes)
- Driving while distracted by a cell phone, conversation, or other behavior that takes attention away from the road
- Negligence such as improperly functioning traffic lights, missing or obstructed stop signs, and more
We Must Prove Four Elements of Negligence in Your Case
We can seek compensatory damages from the liable party if we can show:
- They owed you a duty of care to drive safely on Darlington’s roads.
- They did not meet that duty for some reason.
- Their actions or inactions caused your bicycle accident.
- The accident caused injuries that cost you time and money, among other things.
How Accidents Can Change Your Life
No degree of loss or suffering is acceptable when someone else is at fault. The effects of your car accident could be minor or severe. Common types of suffering that you or a loved one could be experiencing might include:
- Physical injuries: Car accidents can result in cuts, bruises, broken bones, strains, sprains, dislocation, whiplash, and many other types of injuries.
- Financial struggles: Even if you have insurance, a car accident can hurt your pocketbook. You could face unexpected medical bills, property loss not covered through insurance, and lost wages if you missed work.
- Mental health challenges: It is not uncommon for car accident victims to suffer mentally from a traumatic experience. If you are experiencing sleeping difficulties, anxiety behind the wheel, depression, or any other emotional trauma, you are not alone.
- Loss of life: In tragic cases, accidents can be fatal. You may have lost a loved one due to a tragedy on the road that can forever change your life.
By holding responsible parties legally accountable, you could recover significant compensation that could make life easier moving forward.
You Must Meet South Carolina’s Statute of Limitations Deadline
The statute of limitations refers to the window of time you have to act after an accident or the first time you notice your injuries. This means you cannot wait forever to file a lawsuit after a car accident. Pursuing legal action as soon as possible ensures our lawyer can file your lawsuit before the deadline expires.
South Carolina injury victims generally have three years from the accident date to sue a party for accident damages, per S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530. Wrongful death actions also are due within three years from the decedent’s death date. Medical malpractice victims have three years from the date of the medical error or the date they discovered the error, per S.C. Ann. § 15-3-545.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Anastopoulo Law Firm Today for a Free Consultation
If you were in a car accident, you do not want to miss out on your chance to recover compensation. A Darlington car accident attorney can help you determine if you qualify. Call (800) 313-2546 today for a free consultation with the Anastopoulo Law Firm team.