Greenville Bicycle Accident Lawyer
If you were riding around Falls Park on the Reedy or another popular spot in Greenville, SC, when someone caused your bicycle accident, you can hold them legally accountable for your resulting injuries and damages. That’s why our Greenville Bicycle Accident Lawyer team at the Anastopoulo Law Firm is here to help.
Our Greenville bicycle accident lawyer at Anastopoulo Law Firm can determine the liable party, gather evidence in your case, and file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit on your behalf. You should not have to pay for your physical injuries and bear the emotional trauma on your own. We can fight for your rights in or out of court and ensure you receive the compensation you need to move forward.
When Bicyclists and Motor Vehicle Drivers Share the Road in Greenville, SC
According to the South Carolina Department of Public Safety (SCDPS), the number of people commuting by bicycle dramatically increased between 2005 and 2012 by 62 percent. Of course, with more bicyclists on the road, the greater the chance for collisions with those driving motor vehicles.
There are rights and rules both vehicle drivers and bicyclists must follow when sharing the road in South Carolina. Bicyclists must:
- Ride in the same direction as traffic
- Use the bicycle lane when present
- Stay in the far-right lane as possible
- Obey all traffic signs, lights, and use hand signals when turning
Motor vehicle drivers must:
- Pass a bicyclist with caution, slow down, and give at least 3 feet between the car and bicycle
- Never taunt, harass, or throw any objects at bicyclists
- Use extreme caution in intersections where most car-bicycle collisions occur
If you were hurt or a loved one died while riding a bicycle due to a motor vehicle driver’s negligent or reckless actions, a bicycle accident lawyer from Anastopoulo Law Firm can handle your case in Greenville.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Greenville, call 803-222-2222
Proving Liability in Your Greenville Bicycle Accident Case
The most important thing we need to do in your bicycle accident case is to prove liability. Without naming the liable party and providing supporting evidence, your case falls apart, and you will not receive compensation. Our personal injury lawyer will need to prove the following:
- The driver owed you a duty of care.
- The driver breached that duty of care by driving in a negligent or reckless fashion.
- Your accident caused you injuries.
- The other driver owes you damages for your accident-related injuries.
At Anastopoulo Law Firm, our Greenville bicycle accident attorney will investigate your case to determine liability, whether the responsible party is another driver, pedestrian, bicyclist, or government agency meant to keep our roads safe.
Damages You Could Receive for Your Bike Accident Injuries
As you are reading this, you may still be in the hospital or at home recovering from your accident-related injuries. In any case, you are most likely worried about how you will cover the bills, especially if you have not been able to return to work. You can pursue two types of damages in a bicycle accident case: economic and non-economic damages.
Economic Damages in a Bike Accident Case
These are your damages from the bicycle collision that can be calculated through bills, receipts, and other expenses. They include:
- Hospital stays
- Imaging tests (e.g., X-rays, MRIs, CT scans)
- Assistive medical devices (e.g., wheelchair, crutches)
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
These are the less tangible damages you suffered that are more challenging to put a dollar amount on, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of activities
- Mental anguish
- Disability or disfigurement
- Loss of companionship (if you lost a loved one in the bicycle accident)
- Loss of consortium
You may be eligible to bring a wrongful death action if you lost a family member due to a bicycle collision. We can go over these details and the full value of your claim during your initial, free consultation.
Greenville Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
Do Not Delay in Seeking Justice in Your Greenville Bicycle Accident Case
South Carolina law determines a specific time limit when it comes to filing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit in civil court. The statute of limitations is as follows:
- Personal injury is three years from the date of the accident, per S.C. Ann § 15-3-530.
- Wrongful death is three years from the date of the decedent’s death, also per S.C. Ann § 15-3-530.
When you hire a bicycle accident lawyer from Anastopoulo Law Firm to represent you, we will file all paperwork on time so that you do not miss your chance to seek compensation. We handle every aspect of your Greenville bike accident case from start to finish so that you can focus on your family and your recovery.
We Obtain Real Results for Our Personal Injury Clients
At Anastopoulo Law Firm, it is our goal to help those wrongfully injured and seek the maximum amount of financial recovery they deserve. We have secured millions of dollars in settlements and court awards for our clients.
- $50,000,000 Jury Verdict – for a motorcyclist who died after a truck ran a red light
- $5,000,000 Judgment – for a driver injured in a hit and run
- $1,900,000 Judgment – for the family of a man who died in a motorcycle accident
If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, our attorney is ready to take your case to trial and present it to a judge and jury.
Injured? Don’t Scream – Call Akim!
We offer free case reviews and work on a contingency-fee basis. That means you pay us nothing unless we win a settlement or court award for you. Our fee is a predetermined percentage of the compensation we secure on your behalf. So, you never pay anything out of pocket.
Akim Anastopoulo, the founder of our firm, has more than 25 years of experience advocating and fighting for injured clients. He is here to fight for your rights. Call the team at Anastopoulo Law Firm at (800) 777-7777. The initial consultation is free, and we are ready to get to work on your Greenville bicycle accident case today.