If you were hurt or someone you love died in a truck accident in Greenville, South Carolina, our personal injury team can help you seek the compensation you need to move forward. Our truck accident attorney can investigate your case, gather evidence, determine liability, and hold the at-fault party to account via an insurance claim or civil lawsuit.
Anastopoulo Law Firm has been serving injury victims throughout South Carolina for more than a quarter of a century. Our Greenville truck accident lawyers are not afraid to stand up to big corporations. Additionally, hold them accountable in and out of court. If you were injured due to a truck driver’s negligent or reckless actions, we will fight to recover your damages. And, we pursue the settlement or court award you deserve. A team member can discuss your case during a free consultation today.
Damages You Could Receive in a Greenville Truck Accident Case
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), more than 4,000 people died in large truck collisions in 2019. Of those killed, 16% were truck occupants, while an overwhelming 67% were drivers or passengers in cars or other motor vehicles. If you were injured as a result of a truck accident on a road in Greenville, you may be hospitalized or at home unable to work. All while wondering how you will handle the incoming pile of bills.
Once we determine that the truck driver and/or trucking company is liable for your accident and injuries, we will pursue the damages you have suffered. There are two types of damages you could receive: economic and non-economic damages.
Economic Damages from a Truck Collision
Economic damages compensate you for the financial losses you have suffered due to the accident. These include:
- Past, current, and future medical expenses (e.g., hospital stays, imaging tests such as X-rays, MRIs, and cat scans, assistive medical devices, prescription medication, rehabilitation)
- Loss of income (e.g., the time you missed from work due to your accident-related injuries)
- Reduced earning capacity (e.g., bonuses/promotions you may have missed out on due to your injuries. Or perhaps you can no longer perform your current job duties and are forced to take a lower-paying position or stop working altogether)
- Property damage (e.g., the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle and damaged property due to the auto accident)
Non-Economic Damages for Truck Accident Injuries
Non-economic damages account for the physical and emotional pain you have suffered due to the accident and your related injuries. These include:
- Pain and suffering (e.g., the physical pain your injuries have caused may prevent you from doing your daily chores, such as cooking or doing the laundry)
- Mental anguish (e.g., you may experience insomnia, anxiety, or depression following the truck accident in Greenville)
- Disfigurement or disability (e.g., the accident may have left you disabled or permanently scarred)
- Loss of enjoyment of activities (e.g., your injuries may prevent you from doing the things you used to enjoy, such as jogging, gardening, or working out)
- Loss of companionship (e.g., if you lost a loved one due to the truck accident, you may be able to receive compensation through a wrongful death action)
Our team at Anastopoulo Law Firm offers our deepest condolences if you’ve lost a loved one in a truck accident. We can discuss the details of your unique wrongful death case during a free initial consultation.
What a Truck Accident Lawyer from Our Firm Can do for You
At Anastopoulo Law Firm, we handle all aspects of the case from start to finish. So, you can focus on your health and your family. Once you hire our attorney to represent you in a Greenville truck accident case, our team will do the following:
- Gather all evidence in the case. Including the police report, your medical records, eyewitness statements, the truck driver’s driving record, any surveillance video from the scene, photos of the accident scene, and your injuries.
- Determine liability which can be complex in a truck accident case. There may be more than one liable party. Including the truck driver, the trucking company, or a truck parts manufacturer.
- Handle all communications with the other party, their lawyers, and the insurance companies.
- Negotiate for a fair settlement with the insurance adjuster by sending a demand letter with a list of your damages. And, the full and fair compensation you deserve.
- Take your case to trial if the insurance company refuses to settle. Our litigators are not afraid to fight for your case in court.
- Keep you updated on the progress of the case. You can always reach us 24/7 with any questions or concerns.
We Have Recovered Millions of Dollars for Truck Accident Victims in South Carolina
The team at Anastopoulo Law Firm is passionate about protecting the rights of our truck accident clients and pursuing the compensation they need. For example, we won a $50,000,000 jury verdict for the family of a motorcycle rider who was killed when a truck ran a red light.
Here are some Google reviews from our past clients:
- “I absolutely love Anastopoulo Law Firm. The firm helped me out so much. They were on top of everything. They made sure I was ok and that’s a big deal that they go above and beyond to help their clients. I hope I never get hurt again, but if I do, I will let them help me again before anybody else.” – Nikki B.
- “They know what to do for you and what needs to be done. Always willing to help. – Anne H.
Allow our team to analyze your case and fight for the results you and your family deserve.
Call a Team Member at Anastopoulo Law Firm Today
Do not delay in contacting our team to get started on your case right away. South Carolina sets limits on the time you have to file a personal injury or wrongful death case. Per S.C. Ann. § 15-3-350, you have three years to file a lawsuit in civil court.
Our truck accident attorney in Greenville will ensure all paperwork is filed in the proper South Carolina court before the statutory deadline expires in your case. Call (800) 777-7777 to discuss your options for free with a team member today.