Premises Liability Lawyer in Greenville, South Carolina
Were you recently involved in an accident on someone else’s property? A premises liability lawyer in Greenville, SC, may be able to help you secure financial compensation for your suffering. Our personal injury lawyers at Anastopoulo Law Firm focus on helping clients just like you recover compensation.
These kinds of injuries can happen in a wide variety of locations and circumstances. You may have slipped in the aisles of your nearby grocery store or been attacked by a dog on your street. Our premises liability attorneys can investigate the details of your accident and determine the value of your case.
Your Case Value is Established by Calculating Your Damages
Every premises liability case in Greenville, SC is different. To find out the potential value of your case, we need as many details as possible about your accident. We then use this information to sum up the value of your case.
While circumstances vary, some of the damages you can claim may include:
- Future and current medical bills stemming from your accident
- Future and current loss of income or wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Permanent disability
- Pain and suffering and mental duress
- Permanent physical disabilities
- Lost enjoyment of life
For a free legal consultation with a premises liability lawyer serving Greenville, call 803-222-2222
Your case may also qualify you for other damages, which we can determine once we investigate. If you lost a loved one due to a premises liability accident, we offer our sincere condolences. Our team can help you recover compensation so you can grieve without worrying about how to pay your bills. Our premises liability attorney in Greenville, SC can work through this with you.
Be Aware of the State’s Statute of Limitations
Greenville Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
According to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530, the state of South Carolina limits how long you can file injury lawsuits. These rules state that you must file your lawsuit no more than three years after the date of your accident.
If you do not file within this time frame, the court may dismiss your case.
We Can Help You with the Lawsuit Process
Premises liability cases in Greenville, SC are very complicated. A significant amount of paperwork must be completed and filed during a small window of time. This can be difficult to do while you are recovering from an injury.
Working with a Greenville premises liability lawyer can make the entire process much easier for you. Our legal staff will make sure your paperwork is properly completed and filed on time. As we work with you, our process involves:
- Conducting an investigation. We will work diligently to uncover evidence proving your injuries and losses were the property owner’s fault. Establishing who is responsible in a Greenville premises liability case is often complicated. We will work to determine who is at fault for your injuries.
- Communicating with the property owner’s representatives. While we construct our case, the opposing party’s legal team and insurance reps may wish to settle out of court. We can represent you in these conversations and work to secure you a fair and just settlement that properly compensates you for your troubles.
- Negotiating settlement discussions. If the property owner and their legal representation want to work toward an out-of-court settlement, we can negotiate in your best interest.
- Dealing with paperwork and administrative tasks. We can take care of issuing subpoenas, filing motions, and other necessary tasks involving a premises liability lawsuit.
- Representation in court appearances. If your case moves to trial, our premises liability attorneys in Greenville can represent you in court.
You may have questions about the process as well as upcoming tasks or milestones. Our team will answer those questions for you and advise you on the best possible path moving forward.
Property Owners are Held Accountable for Injuries in Greenville SC
Under South Carolina law, property owners are required to maintain their premises under the guidelines of “reasonable safety.”
Some examples of a failure to safely maintain their premises include:
- Insufficient security on premises
- Slip and fall injuries at a grocery store
- Damaged staircases
- Being attacked on business property
- Injuries stemming from accidents in someone else’s home
South Carolina law stipulates that if a property is considered unsafe, or if the property owner created those unsafe conditions, the owner can be held liable for injuries sustained by visitors while on their property.
Your Visitor Status Can Affect Your Case
Property owners are liable for injuries suffered by visitors to the property. The visitor’s “status” at the time of the accident determines the extent of the property owner’s liability. The three legal statuses are:
- Invitees. The owner of the property directly and explicitly invited these visitors. Property owners have the highest duty of care to this category of property visitor.
- Licensees. Such visitors have a right to be on the property but were not explicitly invited by the owner. Business owners have a lower duty of care to these visitors.
- Trespassers. Property owners have no duty to keep trespassers safe on their property.
While the property is not required to be in pristine condition, invitees and licensees are still afforded reasonable care and safety while on premises. If the property owner failed to keep their premises safe, they may be held liable. Determining your status can be difficult. Our premises liability team can help. In some cases, you may assume you were trespassing when you had the legal right to be on the property.
See How a Premises Liability Lawyer Can Help You Today
Our team is standing by, ready to assist. We can help you determine the value of your case and help you put together a strong case to seek the compensation you need. For a free case evaluation, call us today at (800) 313-2546.
You owe us nothing up front and we only receive payment when you receive compensation. You face no financial risk when you work with our personal injury attorneys in Greenville, SC.