Lee Truck Accident Lawyer
If you were hurt in a truck accident, you have rights under South Carolina law. You can file a claim or lawsuit to request compensation from the truck driver, motor carrier, or another liable party. Coordinating with a Lee truck accident lawyer from Anastopoulo Law Firm could help you find the legal resolution you seek.
These accidents can cause catastrophic damage, and our attorneys want to help you hold those responsible financially accountable. We handle all aspects of our clients’ cases on a no-win, no-fee basis. A free consultation with our team awaits when you call.
Services Our Lee Truck Accident Lawyers Provide
Once you hire our team, one of our personal injury lawyers will begin investigating the case as soon as possible. We want to know the circumstances of the accident so we can determine:
- How it occurred
- Who to hold legally responsible
- Whether there are multiple liable parties involved
- The type and amount of damages you suffered
- What evidence and laws can help us prove your case
As the investigation continues, our attorney will communicate with you often and leave those lines of communication open. You may call or email any time you have questions or receive letters or phone calls pertaining to the accident. Several interested parties may attempt to take your settlement. But, we can speak with those parties on your behalf.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Lee, call 803-222-2222
Determining Fault After a Truck Accident in Lee
When determining fault, our attorneys will investigate several angles for the case. For example, the truck driver may be at fault due to their own negligence – they may have driven while intoxicated or fallen asleep at the wheel. It is also possible for the trucking company to be at fault because it did not maintain the vehicle properly or forced the driver to operate outside federal regulations.
Alternatively, the trucking company may have hired a driver without the proper training or licenses. Our firm could reach out to the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles (SCDMV) to determine the driver’s license status or other corners the trucking company may have cut.
Our team could also look into the truck manufacturer, as the vehicle or some of its parts may be defective. This portion of the investigation may be especially important if the manufacturer has announced a recall or problem with its vehicles.
Lee Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
Damages You Could Recover From the Liable Party
When you seek damages, note that there are several types of compensation you could receive. Our lawyers will review the details of the case, your injuries, and the impact of the accident on you and your family.
The damages our team requests on your behalf may include:
- Medical expenses: All medical expenses that involve both your emergency care and recovery should be included. If you are still in treatment, our team can ask your doctor or a medical expert to estimate the current and future cost of your treatment.
- Psychological costs: The psychological costs of an accident may include mental health counseling, hospitalization, group therapy, medications, and more.
- Lost income: This can include all the pay you lost because of the accident, as well as future lost pay if you are disabled and no longer capable of maintaining gainful employment.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering covers the physical pain you feel that impacts your quality of life.
- Emotional turmoil: Your emotional turmoil includes any mental health conditions you develop after the accident that impact your quality of life.
- Punitive damages: Punitive damages may be available in rare cases. You can discuss this level of compensation with our team.
Filing a Wrongful Death Claim in Lee
If you lost a loved one in a truck accident, you could file a wrongful death case as their dependent or the beneficiary of their estate. The estate must name a representative who will file suit to benefit the estate, the victim’s spouse, children, dependent siblings, or parents.
Wrongful death damages can include:
- Burial and funeral costs: Funerals are expensive, and your family should not have to pay out of pocket to honor a loved one who suffered an untimely death.
- Loss of companionship and support: This calls for compensation because the deceased is no longer around to offer emotional support.
- Loss of lifetime earnings: This involves calculating the amount of money the victim would have made for the rest of their life.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Steps to Take Following a Truck Accident
After you are hurt in a truck accident, you are advised to seek medical attention right away. Many accident victims fear that they cannot afford medical care. But, medical services create a paper trail that defines the injuries you suffered. Without medical records, it is difficult to prove your injuries in a personal injury case.
Just as important as medical attention is the police report. After any automotive accident, you need to contact law enforcement and be sure they file an accident report. If the police do not come to your accident, you may need to reach out to them and report the accident yourself.
Your companions or passersby may have photographs of the accident scene or your injuries. Try your best to collect those along with other documents that detail your schedule that day, explaining how you came to be in the place where the accident occurred. You can share all this information with our team.
Call Our Personal Injury Law Firm for a Free Consultation
Our team is ready to review your Lee truck accident case today – we offer complimentary case reviews 24/7. After consulting with us, you can focus on your recovery while our team seeks the compensation that you are due.
Call the Anastopoulo Law Firm at (800) 313-2546 right now for your free consultation.