Greenville Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer
Slip and fall accidents can occur virtually anywhere, from your local Publix supermarket to the Greenville Zoo. When neglected property maintenance or lack of reasonable safety precautions is to blame, you could qualify to recover damages from the liable party. A Greenville slip and fall accident lawyer from Anastopoulo Law Firm is prepared to represent your interests in a claim or lawsuit.
Moreover, we offer comprehensive legal services to our clients, starting with a free, confidential case review. So, if you choose to work with us, our team can help you identify the party responsible for failing to maintain the premises and seek to hold them financially accountable for the damages you suffered. Your complimentary consultation awaits – we take calls 24/7.
Navigating Premises Liability Law in Greenville Slip and Fall Cases
Property owners and occupiers have certain duties under South Carolina premises liability law. Namely, they must take reasonable measures to keep their properties clear of hazards that they are aware could harm lawful visitors. Thus, if a hazard the owner knew or should have known about caused you to slip and suffer injuries, you have a right to take legal action.
Examples of such negligence include failure to take the following steps within a reasonable amount of time:
- Replace broken light bulbs in areas that are not well-lit, such as stairwells
- Repair cracked sidewalks or broken stairs
- Clean up spills or leaks
- Clean up debris
- Put up warning signs that indicate areas under construction or in need of repair
To have success in a slip and fall case, you will need to present evidence that shows the owner knew about the hazard and failed to act within a reasonable time frame. Alternatively, you could argue that enough time had passed or other circumstances had occurred that should have made them aware of the hazard. However, these arguments are not always easy to prove, which is why our firm offers to handle the process for you.
What You Could Recover for Slip and Fall Injuries in Greenville
A significant part of any negligence claim is proving that you suffered physical, financial, or emotional harm. A slip and fall could cause a variety of these damages, many of which are potentially recoverable. Depending on the extent of your injuries, we could help you seek compensation for:
- Necessary medical treatment
- Assistive medical devices, such as crutches
- Pain medication
- Wages missed during your recovery
- Pain and suffering
Other types of damages may also be recoverable. We can help you determine this and place a fair value on your case before seeking compensation.
You do Not Have Forever to Take Legal Action
Since premises liability is a type of personal injury law, slip and fall cases are subject to the deadlines in S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530. This statute gives most victims no more than three years to file the necessary paperwork and begin a lawsuit.
Certain exceptions could shorten or lengthen the time you have to take legal action, which further underscores the importance of getting started right away. Waiting to explore your legal options could put your financial recovery in jeopardy. Moreover, some evidence is time-sensitive and may disappear well before the three-year period ends. Our team can get started as soon as we complete your free initial case assessment.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall injury lawyer serving Greenville, call 803-222-2222
Anastopoulo Law Firm Advocates for Your Financial Recovery
Working with one of our lawyers after a slip and fall accident in Greenville can bring several benefits to your case:
- Free consultation any time: Your first initial consultation with our firm is entirely free and available whenever you are ready. We take calls 24/7.
- No win, no fee: We have a contingency fee structure, which means our services are free unless we deliver compensation. When our firm wins a case, our attorney’s fee comes from the settlement or court award.
- Home and hospital calls: If your slip and fall injuries prevent you from visiting our office in Greenville, our team is happy to visit you in your home or at the hospital to discuss the case.
- Comprehensive legal support: Our team will take care of every aspect of the case, from performing the initial investigation to filing a lawsuit and representing you in court. Outside of making legal decisions in your case, you will not have to handle anything yourself.
What Sets Our Law Firm Apart
Our attorneys have recovered millions in damages for past clients. Along the way, we have earned several awards that demonstrate just how hard we work for those we represent:
- Top 100 U.S. Verdicts from National Law Journal
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers from the National Trial Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating
At Anastopoulo Law Firm, your financial recovery is our priority. When you hire us to represent you, we will give your case the time and effort it deserves so that you can feel confident going after compensation.
Why Our Clients Love Us
Our 25+ years of legal experience have allowed us to help many clients recover damages for their injuries in Greenville and across South Carolina. The following is some of the kind feedback they have left us:
- “Each and every time I’ve called Anastopoulo Law Firm, all staff was tremendously helpful. The firm always answered my questions to the best of their ability and were always kind. They made me feel extremely comfortable to speak to them about my situation and it made a difference with my experience.” Bridada
- “They are amazing. Very friendly, always answered my questions. They really helped every step of the way and kept me informed about what was going on in my case. Would definitely recommend them 100%” — Shana
You can gain additional insight into the level of service we provide through our client testimonials. If you want to know more about what our team can do for you, or you are ready to take action, a free consultation with our team is just a call away.
Greenville Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
Contact Our Firm for Support in Your Greenville Slip and Fall Accident Case
A legal professional from Anastopoulo Law Firm is standing by waiting for your call. After an initial review of your case, we may be able to assign a lawyer to help you hold the liable party accountable for your slip and fall injuries. You do not have to handle the aftermath of this incident alone.
You can speak to someone about your case right now when you reach out at (800) 777-7777.