South Carolina Truck Accident Lawyer
A South Carolina truck accident lawyer from Anastopoulo Law Firm may be able to help you recover monetary damages for the injuries and losses you suffered due to your crash. If we can show that the truck driver or another party caused your accident, we will seek to hold them accountable for your damages.
We can get started today with a free review of your accident to see if you can pursue financial recovery. We will explain your rights, determine the strength of your case, and begin to gather information to develop a strong argument for compensation.
What Damages Can I Recover After a South Carolina Truck Collision?
The compensation available through a South Carolina personal injury case depends on the losses and costs you incurred related to your:
- Property damages
As a part of managing your case, our team will identify and value your expenses and losses, seeking a fair award based on the value you place on your case. Some recoverable damages could include:
- Pain and suffering and other non-economic damages
- Medical expenses and future care costs
- Lost wages and other income
- Reduced earning capacity if you cannot go back to work
- Property damages, such as your vehicle repairs
- Other related expenses
What if My Family Member Died from Their Accident Injuries?
Unfortunately, some South Carolina truck collisions cause fatal injuries. When the occupant of a passenger vehicle passes away following an 18-wheeler crash, their family has legal options for holding the at-fault driver responsible.
Your family may be able to recover compensation through a wrongful death lawsuit. This will allow you to pursue damages suffered by survivors, including loss of the decedent’s income, loss of services, funeral and burial costs, and more.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving South Carolina, call (800) 313-2546
We Advocate for Injured Truck Accident Victims in South Carolina
While you could attempt to negotiate a claim settlement on your own after a truck accident, there are some important things you need to know first, such as:
- Are you certain about the value of your case for damages?
- Are you concerned that you will not recover all the damages you need?
- Do you know the tactics insurance companies use to undercut your claim?
- Are you unsure about how the claims process works or what to do next?
At Anastopoulo Law Firm, we can help. Our team of South Carolina truck accident attorneys can build a case and advocate on your behalf. We can seek to recover compensation for you through negotiating an appropriate settlement or go toe-to-toe with the trucking company at trial.
How Our South Carolina Personal Injury Firm Can Help You
In addition to greatly reducing your stress and allowing you to focus on healing from your truck collision injuries, there are many advantages to working with our law firm:
- We have millions of dollars recovered for our clients
- Our initial consultations are always free
- We have 25-plus years of legal experience with cases like yours
- We strive to provide personalized legal representation that meets the unique needs of your case
We work on contingency. We will never ask you to pay us before we reach a settlement or recover a court award in your case. We only receive attorney’s fees if we win.
We offer complimentary initial consultations in your home, the hospital, or one of our six South Carolina offices:
- North Charleston
- Myrtle Beach
South Carolina Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (800) 313-2546
Common Causes of Commercial Vehicle Accidents
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) studies indicate that nearly two-thirds of all trucking accidents result from distracted driving on the part of the truck driver. While professional drivers face the same types of distractions as other motorists, there are also things that take their attention unique to their profession.
Some of the common distractions truck drivers face include:
- Cellphones, texts, and calls
- GPS devices
- Radios and other electronic devices
- Shifting cargo
- Communications with dispatchers
- Reading printed maps and shipping instructions
- Eating or drinking behind the wheel rather than stopping for a break
- Other dangerous activities to stay on schedule
Other factors contributing to trucking accidents include demanding schedules, lack of proper vehicle maintenance, and improper loads. In addition, like other types of traffic accidents, careless and reckless behaviors behind the wheel cause many accidents. This could include:
- Drinking and driving
- Drowsy driving
- Failing to maintain their lane
- Failure to yield
- Ignoring signs and traffic control devices
- Other negligent driving actions
Truck Accidents and Liability in South Carolina
Trucking accidents are similar to regular car accidents, except that they usually involve large trucks and trailers. Though all automobile accidents can have potentially catastrophic effects, the dangers become even greater when large transport trucks are involved.
If you suffered injuries in a trucking accident, several entities may be legally liable. We may be able to file a claim or lawsuit against them and recover damages for your injuries. Primarily, this includes:
- The truck driver may be held personally liable for the accident, especially if their negligent acts caused the accident.
- If this driver worked for a trucking company when the accident occurred, the business employing the truck driver may be directly or vicariously liable.
When we represent an accident victim, we identify all the liable parties and take action to hold them responsible. This could include filing an insurance claim based on the trucking company’s corporate liability policy or suing the company and driver to seek damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Quickly do I Need to File My Truck Accident Claim?
South Carolina sets deadlines for filing personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits under S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530. This statute generally gives victims up to three years to sue the liable party or parties.
However, we need to work on these cases quickly to preserve crucial evidence the trucking company likely has. Let us know about your case as soon as your injuries allow.
Discuss Your Legal Options with Our Team Today for Free
Call the South Carolina trucking accident attorneys at Anastopoulo Law Firm if you or your loved one suffered injuries in a truck accident. We will review your case at no cost to you. Call (800) 313-2546 to get started.