Darlington Bicycle Accident Attorney
If you were hurt in a bicycle accident due to someone else’s negligent actions, you have rights. A Darlington bicycle accident attorney at Anastopoulo Law Firm can investigate your case, determine who is at fault, and how best to seek compensation.
Every bicycle accident is different. Therefore, you should learn what your options are before seeking compensation. Our team can assist in filing an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit on your behalf. All while you focus on your recovery.
Assigning Fault After a Bicycle Accident
The most important part of any lawsuit pertaining to a bicycle accident is fault. Our lawyer must determine who is responsible for the accident. Often reviewing a massive amount of evidence. More than one party may be at fault. Or, you may discover that the bicycle itself played a role in the accident.
According to statistics published by South Carolina’s Department of Transportation (SCDOT), bicycle and pedestrian fatalities ranked among the worst in the country in 2015. If you or a loved one was injured in a bicycle accident someone else caused, you may be entitled to damages for your injuries and losses.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Darlington, call 803-222-2222
How do You Recover Damages After a Bicycle Accident?
When it is time to recover damages after a bicycle accident, our lawyers will place a value on your case using the evidence they have gathered. The defendant or defendants have time to respond. And, our lawyer will likely initiate a settlement negotiation.
If there comes a time when our lawyer may not be able to negotiate a settlement, we are prepared to go to trial. Our firm will hire expert witnesses to testify on your behalf in court. In addition to proving the at-fault party owes you compensation for your damages.
Statute of Limitations
Additionally, injury victims must be aware of the statute of limitations for both personal injury and wrongful death cases. In South Carolina, personal injury claims must be filed no more than three years after the date of the incident. This is according to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530. Wrongful death claims must be filed within three years of the date of death, according to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530.
Darlington Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
What Types of Damages Are Available After a Bicycle Accident?
Damages available to you change depending on the nature of the accident. The total value of your lawsuit is carefully calculated by our attorney. Using a range of evidence you have provided or they have collected. While you are not guaranteed a certain amount, you may seek compensation for:
- Medical expenses generally include your hospital costs, surgeries, medications, office visits, medical transportation or equipment, and mental health counseling.
- Lost income typically includes all the money you should have made during your recovery.
- Lost earning potential often includes the money you should have made if you were not hurt in the accident. Additionally, you may seek compensation for bonuses, commissions, and raises you would have reasonably received if you were to continue working.
- Pain and suffering will include any pain or physical symptoms that impact your quality of life.
- Emotional turmoil will include all the mental health conditions that plague you after the accident.
- Punitive damages are only available in certain circumstances. Discuss this form of compensation with our attorney.
Wrongful Death Claims After a Bicycle Accident
You may be eligible to file a wrongful death action after a bicycle accident if you are directly related to or dependent on the deceased. If you are the executor or the administrator of the deceased’s estate, you may also file suit on the estate’s behalf, benefiting the spouse, children, or other dependents.
Our lawyer will explain who may file suit for damages and how the case should be managed. In a wrongful death suit, you are generally seeking:
- Medical costs your loved one incurred before they passed away.
- Lost income your loved one should have had if they had not perished in the accident.
- Burial, funeral, and administrative costs.
- Loss of moral training, referring to the moral support provided by the deceased to the family unit.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Support Provided By a Darlington Bicycle Accident Attorney
The majority of bicycle accident lawsuits are resolved through negotiating a settlement and never go to trial. We will handle all aspects of your case while you focus on your recovery. Our attorney offers several services that include:
- Availability: Our team is available to speak with you on the phone or will respond to your emails promptly. You will have access to your lawyer to answer your questions or help you understand how to handle certain situations. This is especially important when you are receiving phone calls or emails from people affected by the case.
- Client care: Our attorney is by your side for as long as you need, Whether taking the case to trial or even appealing an unfavorable decision or judgment. Our attorneys will advise you of the appropriate legal strategy for the case, determine a fair settlement, and negotiate with the insurance company or other interested parties.
- Investigating the case: When one of our lawyers reviews your case, they will speak with eyewitnesses, review prior complaints at the accident site or against any at-fault parties, and review photos, video, and municipal footage of the accident.
- Additional legal support: Our attorney can support you if you experience additional legal trouble due to the accident, including countersuits, work troubles, discrimination, etc. We will take care of your case from start to finish so you can focus on healing after your accident.
Reach Out for a Free Consultation
A Darlington bicycle accident attorney at Anastopoulo Law Firm is here to help you at this difficult time. Call (800) 313-2546 for your initial free consultation.
After your consultation, you can work with our attorney to seek the damages to which you are entitled, ensuring that you and your family may recover and move forward. Our attorneys work on a contingent fee basis, so you pay nothing upfront or out of pocket unless we secure a settlement or court award for you.