Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Lake City, South Carolina
It’s easy to assume that doctors are infallible. However, sometimes they make mistakes. Medical malpractice can result in disfigurement, paralysis, or brain damage. You should be able to hold the responsible party accountable for your injuries and losses.
If you or a loved one was the victim of medical malpractice in Lake City, South Carolina, an attorney from Anastopoulo Law Firm can help. Our team can investigate your case, determine liability, and file an insurance claim or lawsuit on your behalf.
Do I Have a Medical Malpractice Case?
Merriam-Webster defines medical malpractice as “A dereliction of professional duty or a failure to exercise an accepted degree of professional skill or learning by a physician rendering professional services which results in injury, loss, or damage.”
Here are some of the types of medical malpractice cases we handle in Lake City:
- Failure to remove surgical tools after use
- Improper anesthesia administration
- Failure to perform the correct surgery
- Performance of the incorrect surgery
- Number of nurses on staff doesn’t meet proper guidelines
- Your practitioner is under the influence of alcohol or drugs during your procedure
- Lack of sterility in an operating room
- Incorrect medical equipment usage
These medical errors could leave you with costly injuries and other losses. You may need future surgeries to correct the mistake. The expense should not come out of your pocket if someone else caused your damages. Our medical malpractice lawyer serving Lake City can identify the liable parties on your behalf, for example, your individual practitioner or the hospital associated with your case, and hold them legally accountable for their actions.
For a free legal consultation with a medical malpractice lawyer serving Lake City, call (800) 777-7777
What Is My Medical Malpractice Case in Lake City Worth?
No two medical malpractice cases are the same. Some lead to minor infections, or prolonged injury, whereas others can have more severe consequences. Some cases involve permanent disability or death.
Therefore, the valuation of your Lake City medical malpractice case is based on the specifics of your case. Typically, the more severe your injuries, the more compensation you could receive. The economic damages you could claim include, but are not limited to:
- Lost wages resulting from time off work to recover
- Medical costs associated with your resulting condition or conditions
- Permanent loss of earning ability after the incident
- Ongoing recovery or assistive measures, like physical therapy or a wheelchair
The other category of losses is non-economic. Typically, these include:
- Loss of enjoyment of activities
- Pain associated with the incident
- Suffering associated with the incident
- Disability or scarring
- Loss of consortium
A Lake City medical malpractice lawyer from Anastopoulo Law Firm can work with you and determine the value of your case. They will tailor their analysis to reflect the losses you’ve suffered.
It’s noteworthy that South Carolina has set a limit on the amount of non-economic damages you can receive in a malpractice case, per S.C. Ann. § 15-32-220. Your lawyer will determine how this statute applies to your case. Our team can discuss this with you during your initial, free consultation.
Lake City Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near Me (800) 777-7777
Who Is Liable in a Lake City Medical Malpractice Case?
Determining who is liable for your medical malpractice injuries and losses depends on the circumstances of your case. Liable parties could include:
- Your primary care provider
- The hospital where you received care
- Urgent care centers
This is not an exhaustive list of potentially liable parties. If you’re not certain which parties apply to your case, we can help. Our team of Lake City medical malpractice attorneys can gather evidence to determine who is liable.
The Benefits of a Lake City Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Our legal team serving Lake City can handle all aspects of your case so you can focus on healing. We will do the following:
- Evidence analysis: Our team can gather all available evidence to build your case. This can involve expert statements and your medical records.
- Insurance company negotiation:Insurance companies don’t always operate in good faith. We can work with you to negotiate with insurers for a fair settlement.
- Act as your liaison: We can communicate on your behalf with any parties involved in the case, from attorneys to insurers.
- Keep you in the loop:Medical malpractice lawsuits can take time. Our team will keep you updated throughout your case and notify you of any important developments.
- Work for an out-of-court settlement:We will fight for an out-of-court settlement with insurers that encompasses the full and fair value of your case.
- Defend your rights in court:Should your lawsuit proceed to trial; our team can use their courtroom expertise to fight for your rights.
Your medical malpractice case must include an affidavit from a medical expert, as per S.C. Ann § 15-79-125. We can handle this part of the process for you.
Why Choose Anastopoulo Law Firm?
For over 25 years, Akim Anastopoulo and his team have worked tirelessly to provide legal support to their clients. We’ve worked on a broad range of cases in Lake City, from medical malpractice to premises liability. We are not afraid to stand up to the big companies and corporations. We’ll exhaust every option and continue fighting for your rights throughout the duration of your case.
Reviews from our clients speak to the commitment and dedication we have provided throughout the years:
- “Anastopoulo Law Firm was great! They were open and honest about my case. They explained in detail of how the process goes. They got my cases settled in a timely manner. My expectations were met.” – Tonia Dudley
- “The Anastopoulo Law Firm was excellent from the beginning to the end. They kept me up to date and informed with everything going on about my case. I would highly recommend.” – Michael Smith
How Much Does a Lake City Malpractice Attorney Cost?
While legal fees may sound daunting, we adhere to a pricing plan that keeps stress to a minimum:
- We operate on a contingency fee basis; we will only get paid if you receive compensation for your losses.
- We offer free case evaluations for Lake City medical malpractice victims.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Don’t Hesitate to Get Your Case Started
The statute of limitations states that you have three years from the date of your injury to file a lawsuit, per S.C. Ann. § 15-3-545. This includes a discovery caveat, meaning that you have a three-year window to file a civil suit after you become aware that medical malpractice has occurred.
Contact Anastopoulo Law Firm Today
Our team is ready to receive your call and provide you with legal assistance. Call (800) 313-2546 for a free case evaluation today. We’re here to help you receive the compensation you need to move forward.