Aiken Birth Injury Attorney
You waited months for the arrival of your newborn. Now, after learning they suffered a birth injury, you may fear for their health, future, and above all else, happiness. However, you have legal options when it comes to seeking financial recovery.
If a medical practitioner’s negligence harmed your child, you should consider partnering with an Aiken birth injury attorney. We can recover damages to ensure your child lives a happy and healthy life. Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC. advocates for families in South Carolina. You can start a free consultation today to learn more.
We Can Assess Your Birth Injury Case in South Carolina
Birth injury cases involve reckless, negligent, or unskilled behavior on the part of medical practitioners during labor and delivery. This could entail:
- The improper administration of medication
- Incorrect usage of forceps
- Not performing a C-section when necessary
- Lack of adequate staffing
- Failure to consult the patient’s medical history
If any of these (or similar) actions led to your child’s injury, you could qualify for compensation. While you stay home and make memories with your child, our attorneys in Aiken will pursue what you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a birth injury lawyer serving Aiken, call 803-222-2222
We Advocate for Children Living With These Conditions
Our team has more than 20 years of experience advocating for birth injury claimants. We’ve secured damages for children living with:
- Cerebral palsy: Cerebral palsy is a condition that impacts a child’s ability to control their muscles. Severe cases may require a child to use a walker or another supportive device. If a child doesn’t get enough oxygen at birth, they can develop this condition.
- Brachial plexus injuries: The brachial plexus is a network of nerves that controls motion in the arm, shoulders, and hand. If damaged, a child could live with numbness and the inability to appropriately operate the affected limb.
- Brain damage: Brain damage in infants can result from asphyxiation during childbirth. Umbilical cord issues or low blood oxygen can lead to cognitive disabilities.
Doctors should anticipate complications and plan to act accordingly––even in low-risk patients. When they don’t, others can suffer lifelong consequences.
Aiken Birth Injury Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
Compensation Available to Birth Injury Claimants in Aiken, SC
These damages are available to those seeking birth injury compensation:
- Medical expenses associated with treating your child’s condition
- Lost wages (if you were forced to take time off work to care for your child)
- Pain and suffering
- In-home modifications, such as wheelchair ramps
- Special education programs
Our Aiken birth injury attorneys know that compensation can’t undo your child’s injury. Yet, it can give you the resources to offer them the best quality of life. We will determine your losses by evaluating your situation, interviewing consultants, and calculating your financial hardships.
What to Expect From Working With a Birth Injury Lawyer in Aiken, SC
We’re ready to pursue compensation for your child’s birth injury by:
Gathering Evidence and Determining Liability
Liability is a crucial element of birth injury cases. This lets us know who should pay for your losses. In a birth injury case, a liable party could be a(n):
- Medical institution
- Medical equipment manufacturer
Yet, we can’t just demand compensation from these parties. We need evidence to demonstrate their liability for your child’s injury. Supporting information may comprise:
- Medical records
- Relevant expert testimonials
- Interviews with witnesses
- Evidence of your child’s injuries, such as imaging scans and photos
- Your damages’ documentation, including billing statements
With this evidence in hand, we can work to establish fault and liability.
Furthermore, to recover damages, our team must assert that because a healthcare provider did not render appropriate care, your child suffered a birth injury. This involves showing:
- A medical practitioner (or another responsible party) owed your child a duty of care.
- They didn’t uphold this duty by failing to render appropriate medical care.
- This negligent or reckless behavior caused your child’s injuries.
- You have damages related to your child’s condition as a result.
We hope that after proving negligence, the liable insurer will offer a settlement. If not, we have no problem championing your rights in court. Our trial-ready lawyers are always ready to pursue what you need regardless of how your case unfolds.
Handling Your Case’s Challenges
There’s no such thing as an easy birth injury case. Even if it’s clear that a doctor acted negligently, the road to damages is filled with hidden challenges. Yet, you don’t have to worry about them; our team will meet each challenge with our arsenal of legal resources.
Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC. will stop at nothing to secure what you need. We know how important your child’s well-being is to you and your family––and we want to be part of their journey to a happy and healthy life.
Providing Compassionate Support to You and Your Family
We’re here to represent the residents of Aiken who are dealing with the aftermath of a birth injury. These cases are particularly difficult because they’re full of uncertainty. Yet, you’ll fully understand your legal options and case’s progression with our team on your side.
To ensure that your concerns are addressed, we offer:
- A free, no-obligation case review
- Case updates whenever you need them
- Consistent answers to your complicated legal questions
- Protection from bad faith insurance practices
These services expand the benefits of hiring a birth injury attorney in Aiken, SC. To our firm, it’s not just about securing a settlement. We’re committed to making sure that you’re comfortable and confident throughout your case’s progression.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Birth Injury Lawsuits Have a Deadline in South Carolina
Right now, your days are filled with watching cartoons, taking photos of your newborn, and reading bedtime stories. Time passes quickly after having a child––and time is truly of the essence when it comes to birth injury lawsuits.
That’s because birth injury lawsuits are subject to South Carolina’s medical malpractice statute of limitations, per S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530. This notes:
- You generally have three years to file your lawsuit, beginning from the date of your child’s injury, or
- You have three years to file your lawsuit beginning from the date you discovered their condition.
This deadline shouldn’t be ignored. While your case may not necessitate a lawsuit, we want to keep your options open. If the insurer refuses to settle, filing a lawsuit could secure the damages you need.
Resources for Birth Injury Claimants in Aiken
You may benefit from these online resources:
- Better Brains for Babies. Here, you can get access to podcasts and digital guides about how to enrich your child’s life
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The CDC offers a wealth of information for new parents. It also offers insight into birth injuries and how parents can support their children.
You can visit the Ty Preston Memorial Library’s website for more information.
Consult With a Birth Injury Attorney in Aiken, SC
You want the best possible life for your child, and so do we. By securing our help, you’ll be free to spend time with your family and focus on your well-being. To consult with our team for free about your case, dial (800) 313-2546. Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC. is here to advocate for you and your loved ones.