Orangeburg Car Accident Attorney
When you suffer injuries in a car accident, you could recover compensation through a claim or lawsuit in South Carolina. An Orangeburg car accident attorney from Anastopoulo Law Firm can be your legal advocate as you seek damages. After a complimentary consultation, our team can take care of your case while you focus on your recovery.
Hiring an Orangeburg Car Accident Attorney
When you hire an attorney from our firm, we provide several services to help you through the legal process:
- Accident investigation: Our team will investigate the collision to collect supporting evidence for your case. Such evidence can help us prove liability and the value of your damages.
- Damage calculation: We will identify and assign value to your damages so we know how much compensation to seek in your case.
- Communication: After a car accident, you may start receiving phone calls, letters, or emails from insurance companies and other involved parties. We encourage you to let our legal team respond on your behalf so we can protect your case. You can send your lawyer any messages you receive – we will take it from there.
- Representation: We will also speak on your behalf when you attend settlement meetings or appear in Orangeburg County court. Our car accident attorneys know what to say and how to fight for your best interests.
- Consistent support: You can reach out to our firm at any time via phone or email. Having access to your attorney at any time means you can get answers to your questions promptly.
Our team offers compassionate care and affordable representation to each client we represent.
Results and Testimonials from Past Cases in South Carolina
Throughout over 25 years of service, Anastopoulo Law Firm has helped many personal injury clients collect damages. One of our most recent results is a $500,000,000 award for a client’s hit-and-run case. However, each case is different, and we approach each one with a fresh mindset to secure the damages our clients seek.
You can hear from some of our satisfied clients in these testimonials:
- “They made sure I was ok and that’s a big deal that they go above and beyond to help their clients. I hope I never get hurt again, but if I do, I will let them help me again before anybody else.” – Nikki B.
- “Friendly and supportive staff who answered all my questions. Got me what I deserved in a timely manner. Would recommend to everyone.” – Anonymous
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Orangeburg, call 803-222-2222
Determining Fault After a Car Accident
Once you consult with our team, we can collect evidence to identify who is responsible for the accident. We seek clear and compelling evidence that another driver, person, or entity is responsible for the collision. For example, the manufacturer could be liable for a defective design or vehicle parts.
Examples of evidence we look for in car accident cases include:
- Footage of the collision and vehicle damage
- Footage of the accident scene
- Witness statements
- The car accident report from law enforcement
Evidence like this can help us understand what caused the collision, who was present, and who to seek compensation from to cover your damages.
Orangeburg Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
Recovering Damages After a Car Accident
Our car accident lawyers could negotiate a settlement from the liable party’s insurance company. Of course, you have the right to accept or reject any settlement offered. If you accept, you will sign an agreement, the defendant arranges for payment(s), and the matter is closed.
However, we may advise you to go to trial if a settlement seems unlikely. Note that you must file a lawsuit within three years of the accident in order to recover damages in court, as S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530 dictates.
Whichever path you decide to take, our team will advocate for the financial recovery your case warrants.
Types of Damages Available After Car Accidents
When our firm files a personal injury case, we may seek several types of damages for you, including:
- Medical expenses: These costs could begin at the accident scene if you receive emergency treatment and last until you recover. Your treatment might include hospital visits, surgeries, medications, medical equipment, transportation, mental health counseling, and more.
- Lost income: If you have to miss work as you heal, you could recover the income you should have earned during that time. We may also calculate how much money you could have made in the future if your injuries are long-term or permanent—this refers to your lost earning potential.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering refers to the discomfort your injuries cause you after the accident, affecting your quality of life. If you are suffering long after the accident, we want to help you recover compensation for this pain.
- Emotional anguish: Emotional anguish refers to the psychological symptoms or mental health conditions you develop because of the accident.
Our team will identify each damage you suffered and calculate its value to determine how much your case is worth.
Click to contact our Orangeburg Personal Injury Attorney today
Wrongful Death Claims After a Car Accident
South Carolina law allows families to seek wrongful death damages when a loved one is killed in a car accident. However, only the executor or administrator of the estate can file the lawsuit. Surviving family members that could receive compensation include:
- Dependent parents
- Dependent siblings
- Any other beneficiaries of the deceased’s estate
In a wrongful death case, you may seek several types of damages that go beyond personal injury damages, such as:
- Burial expenses
- Administrative costs
- Loss of moral support
Note that wrongful death lawsuits are subject to a similar deadline as personal injury lawsuits in South Carolina. The executor only has three years from the date of your loved one’s passing to file.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Reach Out to Our Firm for a Free Consultation
When you hire Anastopoulo Law Firm, our car accident attorneys will guide your case through the claims process in Orangeburg. We serve this and other cities throughout South Carolina and would be honored to represent you or your family.
Reach out to our team at (800) 313-2546 for a free consultation now—we take calls 24/7.
Call or text 803-222-2222 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form