Lexington Truck Accident Attorney
If you suffered injuries in a truck accident in Lexington, SC, another party may be financially liable for your damages. A Lexington truck accident attorney with Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC. can seek compensation for your medical treatment, lost income, and more.
Truck accident cases can be complex, but our injury lawyers can help you navigate federal trucking laws, the insurance claims process, and the South Carolina legal system. We will stand by your side with one goal in mind: getting the awards you need and deserve.
It Costs Nothing to Secure Our Firm’s Legal Help in SC
A truck accident can cause you to miss time from work, incur costly medical bills, and suffer from painful injuries. We don’t want you to stress about your case. So, our lawyers offer help on a contingency-fee basis.
You’ll know everything about this arrangement from the beginning of our partnership. We’ll explain how:
- We don’t charge anything up front.
- We don’t bother with retainers or hourly fees.
- You pay nothing until your case’s conclusion.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Lexington, call (800) 777-7777
We Encourage You to Consider Prompt Legal Help After Your Truck Crash
Legal action is bound by South Carolina’s statute of limitations, which allows three years to file a wrongful death or personal injury case, according to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530. While this deadline does not strictly apply to insurance claims, an expired statute will hurt your bargaining power and could result in a reduced or denied settlement.
We know that you’re dealing with a lot after being in a truck accident. However, we urge you to connect with our team at your earliest convenience. We want to protect your legal right to damages, and having the statute of limitations expire could have a detrimental effect on your case’s outcome.
Lexington Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (800) 777-7777
Our Lexington, SC, Truck Accident Lawyer Will Seek What You Need
We want to recover every damage connected to your truck accident, including:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lifecare costs
- Current and future lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Vehicle and personal property damages
- Physical pain
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Emotional suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
We will determine a dollar figure for your case after reviewing your missed time from work, quality of life, and damages’ cost.
The Many Benefits of Working With a Truck Accident Attorney in Lexington, SC
Our attorneys have more than 25 years of legal experience. We assist personal injury clients across South Carolina and have recently opened a new office in Lexington to better help those in the area. We will handle your case so that you can focus on your health and family.
From filing your claim to representing you at trial, we will stand by your side. We will communicate with the liable parties, insurance companies, and their legal counsel and fight for the most advantageous resolution possible. Here’s a closer look at what we can do for you:
We Will Determine Liability for Your Lexington, SC, Truck Accident
Truck accident cases can be more complicated than collisions involving passenger vehicles because they can involve multiple liable parties. Our attorneys will investigate your accident and get to the bottom of who caused your crash. Responsible parties may include:
- The truck driver. As with any type of collision, truck accidents can result from a driver’s negligent behavior. Commercial motor vehicle operators must follow South Carolina’s traffic laws and obey the rules and regulations established by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), including limits on truck size and weight and how long an operator can drive without resting. Violating these rules could make the trucker liable for your losses.
- The driver’s employer. The trucking company that employs the driver may be responsible for its driver’s actions under a legal principle known as vicarious liability. The trucking company could also be liable for negligent acts, such as putting unreasonable pressure on drivers to make delivery deadlines or failure to conduct regular drug testing.
- The owner/maintainer of the truck. The owner/maintainer of the truck could be liable if your accident involved a vehicle issue, such as engine trouble, a blown tire, defective brakes, or a lack of safety equipment. In addition, if a vehicle’s problem resulted from a manufacturing defect, you may have a product liability case against an auto part or vehicle maker.
- The owner of the truck’s cargo. Overloaded, unsecured, or hazardous cargo can cause commercial vehicle accidents. For example, falling cargo could hit another motorist, or shifting cargo could cause a driver to lose control. In addition, dangerous cargo, such as gasoline or chemicals, could ignite or spill onto the roadway. If a problem with a truck’s cargo caused your injuries, the owner/loader of the transported property may be liable.
- A third-party motorist. Another passenger vehicle driver could bear financial responsibility for your accident if their negligent driving caused your crash.
Our Attorneys Will Work to Preserve and Collect Evidence
Our Lexington truck accident lawyers will act fast to obtain and preserve the evidence needed to build your case and prove negligence. We can:
- Send a spoliation letter to the trucking company and other entities demanding they preserve evidence, such as driving logs and maintenance logs
- Obtain your medical records and consult with your doctor (with permission)
- Get the accident report from the Town of Lexington Police Department
- Locate and interview eyewitnesses
- Consult with case experts and crash reconstruction specialists
Whatever your case requires to reach a fair outcome, a Lexington South Carolina personal injury lawyer will do it.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now