Charleston Truck Accident Attorney
Truck accidents often leave victims with severe and debilitating injuries. This is due to the vulnerability of drivers, bicyclists, and pedestrians. All in relation to the massive size and weight of many commercial vehicles. Hence, if you were hurt in a truck accident in Charleston, you may be eligible to recover compensation for your injuries and losses.
The Charleston Truck Accident Attorney team at Anastopoulo Law Firm is prepared to represent your interests in your truck accident case. so, when you work with a Charleston truck accident attorney from our firm, we can help you gather evidence. In addition to identifying possible avenues for recovery, and meeting any applicable deadlines.
How Much Is My Truck Accident Case Worth?
First, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), the average cost of an injury accident involving a large truck is nearly $200,000 per crash. However, no two truck accident cases are the same. The amount for your truck accident will depend on your specific injuries and other facts of the case.
Second, after a truck accident in Charleston, our injury lawyers can help you determine a fair value for your case. We do this by identifying all the possible damages that may apply. Such as:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical costs
- Property damage
- Replacement services
- Lost income
- Future lost wages
- Incapacity or disability
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of consortium
Third, our team can gather and help build the evidence needed to request compensation for the specific damages in your case. As a result, you can get the outcome you deserve.
Factors That May Impact Your Settlement Amount
Several factors may impact the total value of your case, including the severity of your injuries. Additionally, other factors that can affect your case value include:
- The effort required to recover from your injuries
- The length of time you are expected to be impacted by your injuries (especially if they are permanent)
- Issues surrounding insurance coverage and liability
- The exact amount of your monetary losses
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Charleston, call 803-222-2222
Our Truck Accident Attorneys Can Help You Recover Compensation
After a truck accident in Charleston, our injury attorneys are here to help with every stage of your case. In addition to including pursuing your case in court if necessary.
Furthermore, some of the ways that we can assist with your truck accident claim include:
- Explaining your options for recovery based on the facts of your crash
- Working with accident reconstruction experts to determine the cause of your truck accident
- Hiring certified medical experts to determine the long-term impact of your injuries and the expected costs of future treatment
- Using expert testimony and the facts of your case to determine the value of your settlement
- Compiling all the evidence required to start and progress your claim
- Identifying all possible insurance policies that may be available to cover your losses
- Negotiating with the other parties involved, using the available evidence to justify your request for compensation
- Ensuring that you get proper medical treatment and specialist referrals if needed
- Advocating for your interests
Types of Evidence We Can Gather in Your Charleston Truck Accident Case
As our truck accident attorneys build your case, some examples of the evidence we may use to support your claim include:
- The Driver Qualification File (DQF) required by the FMCSA Code of Regulations for commercial motor vehicle drivers (49 CFR 391.51)
- The truck driver’s mileage log, so we can determine if they violated the FMCSA Hours of Service Regulations that stipulate driving limits
- Data and historical records from the Electronic Logging Device (ELD) required by the FMCSA
How We Have Helped Truck Accident Victims in Past South Carolina Cases
Our truck accident lawyers have built strong cases for recovery for victims injured in truck accidents across South Carolina. Therefore, we understand the importance of ensuring that truck accident victims get the compensation they need. Thus, helping to heal from their injuries and adjust to any life changes after a crash.
For example, in one case, we were able to recover $50,000,000 for the surviving family of a victim killed in a truck accident. Also, in another case, we helped a client injured in a dump truck accident recover $1,000,000. So, your settlement amount will depend on the unique facts of your case. However, our injury attorneys will work to help you recover the amount that you deserve.
Charleston Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
Commercial Trucking Routes in Charleston May Increase the Risk of Accidents
Truck accidents are a common occurrence in Charleston and throughout South Carolina. In fact, according to the South Carolina Department of Transportation, the New Cooper River Bridge – also known as the Pearman Bridge and the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridg – is a designated trucking route.
Additionally, South Carolina Highway 30 (also known as the James Island Expressway) and Interstate 26 are approved routes for overweight trucks. With commercial vehicles traveling alongside passenger, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic, truck accidents can cause severe injury and even death in some cases.
Be Mindful of Deadlines for Filing Your Truck Accident Case
If you decide to pursue your Charleston truck accident in court, you must file your case with the proper South Carolina court within three years of the crash, according to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530. However, you will likely want to start working on your case significantly before the deadline.
Our truck accident lawyers can explain how the statute of limitations applies in your case. We can also work quickly to begin your case and gather the evidence needed to support the amount of compensation you are requesting. It is essential to meet this deadline to protect your right and ability to recover compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Anastopoulo Law Firm for Help with Your Truck Accident Case
If you were injured in a truck accident in Charleston, we may be able to help you recover compensation for your injuries and other losses. Using the facts of your case, we can determine your settlement value and begin working to build the strongest claim possible.
We offer free consultations to all truck accident victims, and we do not collect any upfront fees for our services – you only pay an attorney’s fee when we win your case. Call us today at (800) 313-2546 to discuss your case and learn more about your legal options after a truck accident.