Lexington Bicycle Accident Attorney
A Lexington, SC, bicycle accident attorney with Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC. can help if you or a loved one suffered injuries during a bicycle collision. Our lawyers can prepare a case proving another party is liable for your medical expenses, lost wages, and more.
If your accident was not your fault, you should not have to pay for it. We will fight for the financial resources you need to get back on your feet without risking your family’s financial future. Let us put our 25 years of personal injury experience to work on your case.
Our Lexington Bicycle Accident Attorneys Will Prove Negligence
Our attorneys will build a case proving that another party’s actions caused your Lexington bike accident and resulting injuries. We will show that:
- The driver had a legal duty to operate their vehicle safely and in accordance with South Carolina law.
- The driver’s actions breached their duty of care. Examples of a breach of duty include speeding, drinking and driving, following a cyclist too closely, and failing to stop at a marked intersection.
- The driver’s negligent actions caused your bicycle accident.
- The bicycle accident resulted in physical injuries, financial losses, and mental suffering.
Our team will collect evidence to support the above factors, which may include:
- Medical records
- Police reports
- Eyewitness statements
- Video footage of your crash
- Bills, receipts, and wage records proving your financial losses
- Proof of your pain and suffering
We may also consult with accident reconstruction specialists, healthcare providers, and other experts to learn more about your case.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Lexington, call 803-222-2222
Our Attorneys Will Pursue Every Dollar Owed to You in Lexington, SC
According to the American Academy of Family Physicians, bicycle accident injuries and deaths result in more than $8 billion in medical costs annually in the United States. In addition, injured parties may also miss work and incur other expenses, such as property damages and non-economic losses.
Our Lexington bicycle accident attorneys can identify and calculate your potential awards, including:
- Current and future medical bills. We can recover your out-of-pocket medical expenses and compensation for your future medical needs, including the cost of doctor and hospital bills, medical procedures, mental health services, and more.
- Current and future lost income. A serious injury can put you out of work for weeks, months, or even permanently. We can seek compensation for your lost wages, benefits, earnings, and loss of your future earning potential.
- Non-economic damages. These awards offer compensation for physical pain, emotional suffering, and mental anguish. You may seek non-economic compensation for scarring, disfigurement, post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, anxiety, loss of mobility, and other quality of life reductions.
- Property damages. We can recover the cost of repairing or replacing your bicycle in your case’s value. If your bicycle was your primary mode of transportation, we can seek recovery for temporary transportation arrangements.
- Household services. If you have a severe injury, you may need assistance with household services, such as cooking, cleaning, and mowing the lawn. You may also need to modify your home or vehicle to accommodate your injury. We can pursue compensation for these and other miscellaneous expenses.
- Wrongful death compensation. You may qualify for wrongful death compensation if your loved one passed away because of a bicycle accident injury. You may recover the deceased’s medical bills, lost income, funeral and burial expenses, and surviving family members’ pain and suffering.
You Have a Limited Time to Seek Damages Through a Civil Lawsuit
Keep in mind that you have a limited time to pursue financial recovery. According to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530, you typically have three years to file a wrongful death or personal injury lawsuit. While we resolve many bicycle accident cases through insurance claims, you still want ample time if filing a lawsuit if necessary.
Lexington Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
Our Bike Accident Lawyers in Lexington, SC, Fight for Injured People
Helping personal injury clients seek justice is what we do. We strive to offer professional, compassionate representation backed by proven case results. We have secured multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts for injured South Carolinians and their families, including a $1 million settlement for a client who was rear-ended while bicycling.
You are more than a case number to our firm. We will provide you with personalized representation and handle every detail so you can turn your time and energy toward healing. Just hear what previous clients have to say about working with Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC.:
- “Wonderful team, they went above and beyond for me. No question went unanswered, and anything I needed, they provided. Would use again and always refer people to use them. They’re the best.” – Joel McCall
- “The attorneys and staff handled my case with a caring attitude. Their team is very organized and always calling me with updates. I appreciate their professionalism.” – Ebony Hughes
Three Considerations After Your Bicycle Accident in Lexington
You may have questions about your next steps after a bicycle accident in South Carolina. We suggest that you:
- Seek medical attention. Visiting a healthcare provider begins a paper trail of evidence that can support your case. It’s also one of the first steps toward reaching maximum medical improvement.
- Keep everything related to your accident and injuries. Anything related to the collision could help your case. For instance, the accident report, photos of your injuries, and eyewitness testimony can bolster your case.
- Let your lawyer handle all negotiations. The insurance company may offer a low settlement, hoping to cost cuts and preserve its bottom line. By allowing your lawyer to handle your claim, they can negotiate for what you need and prevent the insurer from taking advantage of you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Reach Out to a Bike Accident Lawyer Near You Today
Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC. can help you seek justice at no upfront cost. We work on contingency, meaning our fees come from a percentage of your settlement or verdict, and we do not get paid unless we win your case.