Lexington Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you need financial compensation after a motorcycle accident but are not sure that you have the time to file a case, a Lexington motorcycle accident lawyer from Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC., could do all the work for you so that you can focus on your health and well-being.
Motorcycle accidents can leave you with severe personal injuries and medical bills that you struggle to pay. The liable party should be made to pay for the damage they have done, and our firm can work toward that goal on your behalf.
Let Our Lexington Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Do the Hard Work
A motorcycle accident attorney in Lexington, South Carolina, can make it much easier for you to sue whoever caused your injury, whether they are another driver, a mechanic, a manufacturer, or someone else.
Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC., can provide you with a motorcycle accident lawyer who serves Lexington and can perform all legal tasks on your behalf, giving you more time to focus on recuperating from your injuries. We take care of many tasks, including:
- Answering your questions about the law, your case, and what we do to seek justice and fair compensation for you
- Collecting evidence about your accident and injuries so that we have a strong case file to present to the liable party’s insurance company
- Identifying all liable parties in your case and calculating how much they owe you in compensation
- Negotiating with the liable party’s insurance company so that you pursue enough money to cover all past, present, and future losses and injuries
- Taking your case to court if necessary so that you do not have to worry about following court procedure or having your case thrown out on a technicality
Trying to confront the liable party alone could be risky. Their insurance company may be reluctant to pay what you need and try various tactics to withhold a fair settlement. We are familiar with how insurers operate and can fight for you every step of the way.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Lexington, call 803-222-2222
Motorcycle Accidents and Compensatory Damages in South Carolina
The South Carolina Department of Public Safety (DPS) tracks how many motorcycle accidents occur throughout the state. According to its data, in 2020, Lexington County, S.C., had:
- 102 motorcyclists involved in traffic accidents
- 39 motorcyclists who sustained a “suspected” injury in an accident
- Eight motorcyclists who died in traffic accidents
If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, you are not alone, and you could receive compensation. One of our personal injury attorneys in Lexington, S.C., can help you determine which of the following categories you deserve damages for:
- Past and future medical expenses: This includes money you spent on medication, surgery, physical therapy, psychiatric treatments, or any other type of professional medical care.
- Pain and suffering: Living with the physical and emotional pain of your injuries is devastating. You can seek compensation for that suffering.
- Repair bills: If your motorcycle or anything else expensive (e.g., a cell phone) was damaged in the crash, we can include that loss in your demand letter to the insurance company.
- Disfigurement: Some injuries are so serious that they leave permanent scar tissue, which, in turn, affects your appearance, self-image, or even how you can use the injured body part.
- Past and future loss of wages: This includes money the accident prevented you from earning, including your salary, job benefits, and so on.
- Loss of quality of life: Living with any injury, but especially a permanent one, can affect your ability to enjoy a happy, pain-free, independent life.
Lexington Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
How to Prevent Motorcycle Accidents
Page 149 of the DPS study states that the following five factors caused more motor vehicle accidents in Lexington County in 2020 than any other:
- Driving faster than is safe given the road condition
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Running off the road
- Failure to change lanes properly
- Driver distraction
This information shows that driver error is the most common cause of accidents in Lexington County. The best way to prevent accidents, therefore, is to exercise extreme caution whenever you go out on the road. For motorcyclists, this means not only following the rules of the road but also:
- Wearing protective gear, including a helmet
- Wearing reflective clothing so others on the road can see you more easily
- Being aware that not all drivers remember to look out for motorcycles and always remain alert
Starting Your Lexington Motorcycle Accident Case
It is usually best to start your suit as soon as possible following an accident. As stated at S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530, accident victims generally have only three years from their injury date to file a case, or else they lose the right to damages.
With that said, we know you have a lot on your mind after an accident. Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC., recommends you take the following steps to reduce your stress and protect your rights:
- Get medical help: Your health is the most important thing. If you need emergency care, go to the hospital immediately. Otherwise, make an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible.
- Report the accident: You should do this right away, if possible. However, if your injuries are severe, you can talk to the police after receiving treatment.
- Collect evidence: This may involve taking pictures of your car and injuries, getting the liable party’s insurance information, or getting contact information from witnesses.
- Say little: Anything you say in public, on social media, or to the liable party’s insurance company can be used against you. While you must answer the police’s questions about the crash, minimize what you say to anyone else until you hire an attorney.
Finally, you can consider getting legal help. A Lexington, South Carolina, motorcycle accident lawyer from our office can offer guidance and assistance throughout your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Us to Fight for Motorcycle Accident Damages
Are you ready to begin your case, or do you still have questions you would like us to address? Call (800) 313-2546 to get a free case review from Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC., today. One of our motorcycle accident lawyers would be proud to handle your Lexington case from start to finish.