Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Lake City, SC
If you or a loved one were injured in a motorcycle accident, you already know how devastating these accidents can be. Physical, psychological, and financial losses can quickly add up and have a serious long-term impact on all aspects of your life.
A Lake City, SC motorcycle accident lawyer from Anastopoulo Law Firm is ready to handle your case. Our team can support you through the entire legal process and even fight the insurance companies until they agree to pay what you need.
How to File a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit
With Anastopoulo Law Firm on your side, our motorcycle accident lawyer can perform every task associated with filing a lawsuit. This gives you more time to recuperate from your injuries and be with your loved ones, instead of worrying about tasks like these:
- Conducting a thorough investigation of the accident
- Collecting evidence of your injuries and the liable party’s negligence
- Reviewing state laws to determine your options and obligations for filing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit
- Calculating what a fair settlement would be so the insurance company cannot get away with offering a too-small amount
- Meeting with the liable party’s insurance company to negotiate a settlement you are satisfied with
- Going to court and fighting for a jury award, if it is not possible to get a fair pretrial settlement in your case
The only task we do not take on is decision-making. While we can keep you updated and advise you of your options, every major decision related to your case is ultimately yours. This is your case, and you deserve to determine how we conduct it.
We Have a Limited Time to Get Started
A personal injury attorney in Lake City, SC can only help you file a case if you do so within three years of the accident date. According to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530, anyone who seeks compensation after this three-year deadline does not have the legal grounds to do so, and their case will be dismissed.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Lake City, call 803-222-2222
Getting Fair Compensation After a Motorcycle Accident
After a collision, a Lake City motorcycle accident lawyer can identify the liable party and push their insurance company to pay you a fair amount of compensation. We will calculate how much compensation you should receive based on:
- How serious your injuries are and whether they are likely to heal or not
- What types of financial, physical, and psychological consequences you suffered
- How much money you have already spent on your injuries
- How much money you are likely to spend in the future
In one instance, we were able to recover $475,000 for a motorcyclist injured in a rear-end accident. However, no two cases are identical. When we take your case, one of the first things we do is determine what types of compensation (or damages) you are eligible to receive. Some examples include:
- Pain and suffering – Any negative effects on your physical and psychological health
- Disability – The partial or total loss of any part of your body, or intellectual or emotional losses stemming from head or brain injuries
- Disfigurement – Any disfigurement or scar tissue that resulted from your injuries, or from medical treatment performed in response to your injuries
- Lost income – Wages lost when you had to stay home from work to recuperate
- Loss of earning capacity – Income you cannot earn in the future due to disabling or permanent injuries
- Medical expenses – Money you have spent and will spend to manage and treat your accident-related injuries
- Repair or replacement costs – The cost of having your motorcycle repaired or even replaced, if it was a total loss
Lake City Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
Motorcycle Accidents Can Be Serious-and Fatal
Motorcycling is fun and exhilarating for many, but it is not without risk. The 2019 Traffic Collision Fact Book published by the South Carolina Department of Public Safety shows how dangerous motorcycle accidents can be.
According to this report, out of 927 fatal traffic accidents that occurred in South Carolina in 2019, 125-or 14% of all accidents-involved motorcycles. This is despite the fact that there were only 114,514 registered motorcycles in South Carolina in 2020, representing just 2% of the total state population as reported by the U.S. Census Bureau.
If your loved one passed away in a motorcycle accident, please accept our condolences for your loss. Our team is here to help you get justice for your loved one, as well as financial compensation for:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of financial support
- Grief and bereavement
- Other end-of-life expenses
How to Protect Yourself on the Road
Motorcycles do not offer nearly as much protection as cars or trucks, so motorcyclists must take appropriate steps to protect themselves. These steps include:
- Wearing a helmet that fits properly at all times
- Wearing thick, reflective clothing, especially at night
- Maintaining a valid motorcycle license
- Making sure that your motorcycle is in good working order and not riding if you feel that something may be wrong
Unfortunately, there is no way to predict or prevent someone else’s negligent behavior. Even if you take every reasonable precaution, you could still get into an accident if another driver fails to watch where they are going, does not give you enough room to maneuver, or allows themselves to be distracted by a cell phone or other device.
If you live or were injured in Lake City, SC, Anastopoulo Law Firm wants to provide you with a motorcycle accident lawyer. Our team is committed to making the legal process more accessible to the people like you who need it most.
Ready to Learn More? Call Us Today
You do not have to fight for justice on your own. A motorcycle accident lawyer from Anastopoulo Law Firm can guide you through this trying time and help you seek the compensation you deserve.
After being injured in a motorcycle accident in Lake City, SC, call our office at (800) 313-2546. We are ready and waiting to provide you with a free, confidential case review. We only charge an attorney’s fee after you receive compensation.