Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Lee, SC
Motorcycle accidents can have catastrophic results. According to a South Carolina Department of Public Safety (SCDPS) report, 123 motorcyclists lost their lives in 2019. Since motorcycles have no protective covering, those who ride are at a greater risk of severe injury in a collision with another vehicle.
If you or a loved one recently suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident in Lee, SC, our firm can help. A motorcycle accident lawyer at Anastopoulo Law Firm can investigate the details of your crash and fight for the compensation you deserve.
What Is My Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
Motorcycle accidents in Lee, SC, can cause a wide range of injuries. Some get away with a few cuts or bruises, whereas others end up with extended hospital stays. The extent of your injuries may have an impact on the damages you are eligible to receive.
Two types of damages that could contribute to the value of your case: economic and non-economic damages. These include:
- Initial hospital treatment costs
- Extended medical treatment costs, like physical therapy or medications
- Loss of consortium if the accident resulted in the passing of a loved one
- Damage to personal property
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Disfigurement or permanent scarring
- Permanent disability
A motorcycle accident attorney in Lee, SC, can analyze your case, identify the liable party, and file an insurance claim on your behalf. They can calculate the full value of your damages and demand fair compensation from the responsible party.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Lee, call 803-222-2222
Costs of Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer in Lee, SC
You may already be dealing with stacks of medical bills and are hesitant to add legal expenses to your list of worries. At Anastopoulo Law Firm, you don’t have to pay anything upfront or out of pocket to hire us. Our attorneys adhere to two good-faith pricing practices:
- Free case evaluations: Your initial phone call with a team member is free of charge. You won’t have to spend a penny to understand the specifics of your case and what your next steps may be.
- Contingency fee pricing:Legal fees come as a percentage of your damages award. This way, you won’t have to pay your Lee, SC, motorcycle accident lawyer anything upfront. We don’t get paid unless you win.
At Anastopoulo Law Firm, we ascribe to these policies. We want to ensure you receive the legal representation you are entitled to without worrying about the cost. We handle your case while you focus on your recovery.
Lee Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
How Can a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Lee, SC, Help Me?
The benefits of hiring a personal injury attorney in Lee, SC, are numerous. These are a few ways we can support you as you navigate the aftermath of your motorcycle accident:
Gather Relevant Case Evidence
Part of defending your legal rights includes building a case for a claim. Our motorcycle accident lawyer will gather:
- Any relevant medical records related to the crash
- Any video footage or images from the crash scene
- Statements from witnesses, expert or otherwise
- A detailed list of your damages, both economic and non-economic
- An official crash report
This information will be instrumental in building your case. Without it, you may not be able to receive compensation. Our team at Anastopoulo can handle the details and put our expertise to work for you.
Fight For an Out of Court Settlement
Not all damages claims need to proceed to a jury trial. We can:
- Negotiate with insurers on your behalf
- Fill out any necessary insurance forms
- Submit insurance forms on your behalf
- Advise you on what not to say to insurance companies, post on social media, etc.
Communications with insurers can get complicated after a motorcycle accident in Lee, SC. While not all insurance companies will work against you, some may use your statements to reduce the value of your claim. We can identify and work to protect you against these tactics.
Defend Your Rights in Court
Some cases will need to go to court. Should this be necessary, we will stand by you in court and present your case.
Why Choose Anastopoulo Law Firm
At Anastopouolo Law Firm, our motorcycle accident case results speak for themselves. With 25 years of personal injury law under our belts, we’ve managed to secure these settlements for our clients:
- $475,000 for a client who was injured in a rear-end accident while riding a motorcycle
- $1,900,00 settlement for the family of a man who was killed while riding a motorcycle
- $50,000,00 for the family of a man who was killed on his motorcycle by a driver who ran a red light
Check out some of the testimonials from our past clients. They appreciate our commitment and dedication to their cases:
- “The Anastopoulo Law Firm has been very helpful to me on two occasions. Their attorneys are very good and sharp. On one particular case, I didn’t have to say anything. I highly recommend them.” – Donald Jackson
- “I would not pick another law firm for an accident.” – Patrick Drummond
- “Did a great job with my case and very communicative. Will go back for any needs in the future.” – Ryan Barry
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Statute of Limitations for Motorcycle Accident Cases in Lee, SC
Statute of limitations varies state-by-state. In South Carolina, you typically have three years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit, as per S.C. Ann § 15-3-530. This deadline also applies if you are filing a wrongful death case if you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident.
There are exceptions to these deadlines based on the facts of your case. Our Lee, SC motorcycle accident lawyers can manage these deadlines for you and keep you informed on the status of your case.
Who Are the Liable Parties in a Lee, SC Motorcycle Accident Case?
Liable parties in a Lee, SC, motorcycle case may include:
- Another cyclist, motorist, or pedestrian
- The manufacturer of your motorcycle
- Government agency (if a flaw or obstacle in the road caused the crash)
For these liable parties to be held responsible, your legal team must demonstrate fault:
- The defendant (a liable party) owed reasonable care to the plaintiff (yourself).
- The defendant breached that duty of care.
- This resulted in your injuries and other losses.
Contact Anastopoulo Law Firm Today
Don’t wait to get in touch with our team. We’re ready to support you as you navigate your motorcycle accident case and claim for compensation. Call (800) 313-2546 for a free case evaluation today.