Premises Liability Lawyer in Charlotte, North Carolina
In Mecklenberg County, if you suffer injuries while on another party’s property, you can seek financial recovery for your hardships. At Anastopoulo Law Firm, our personal injury lawyers can determine what you’re owed and seek compensation accordingly.
Whether you were injured on public or private property, we’re ready to champion your legal rights. During your free, no-obligation case review, you can explore partnering with a premises liability lawyer in Charlotte, North Carolina.
We Help Injured Claimants on a Contingency-Fee Basis
You might have many reservations about hiring a lawyer. One of those reservations may be regarding cost. You don’t have to worry about affording a Charlotte personal injury lawyer.
That’s because we work on contingency. You don’t worry about upfront fees or costs. You only pay our attorney’s fees if we secure compensation for your losses.
For a free legal consultation with a premises liability lawyer serving Charlotte, call 803-222-2222
Examples of Premises Liability Accidents in North Carolina
Causes of premises liability cases include:
- Assaults. This could happen on properties that don’t have adequate security measures.
- Slips and falls. Property owners must monitor their premises for any dangers that could cause someone to fall. Causes of falls include poorly-lit areas, broken stairs, and loose floorboards.
- Dog bites. Dog owners must keep their dogs from harming others–even if the animal does not have a history of aggression.
- Unsecured property. If a ceiling collapses or floor caves in, this poses a risk of harm. If you were hurt in this situation, we can examine whether the unsecured building was up to code.
You may have suffered harm in an incident not listed here. Still, we’re ready to serve you.
Charlotte Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
We Will Work To Secure These Injury-Related Losses
Compensation in your case may include:
- Medical care expenses (both current and in the future)
- Loss of income (both current and in the future)
- Reduced future earning capacity
- Permanent disability
- Permanent physical disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
The list above is not exhaustive. You may qualify for additional financial compensation depending on your case.
We Can Seek Compensation if You Lost a Loved One
You might not have suffered harm on another party’s property. Instead, you may have lost a loved one due to negligence. In that instance, we can file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit on your behalf.
You could recoup your funeral expenses, burial fees, and end-of-life healthcare costs.
Click to contact our Charlotte Personal Injury Lawyers today
We’ve Recovered Millions for Premises Liability Claimants
Here are some of the outcomes we’ve secured for injured claimants:
- Our client was shopping at Walmart when they slipped and fell. Walmart refused to settle, so we filed a lawsuit. The outcome? A $10 million court award.
- Our client was playing pool at a bar when they were assaulted by another patron. This situation called for a lawsuit. The result? More than $6 million awarded by a judge and jury.
- Our client suffered harm after falling in her nursing home. The outcome? A $985,000 settlement.
Our 25+ years of legal experience has given us insight into various types of cases. We’ll go above and beyond for both you and your loved ones.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
North Carolina Limits How Long You Have To File Your Lawsuit
North Carolina’s civil statute of limitations applies to most premises liability cases. Per G.S. § 1-52, you generally have three years to file your injury lawsuit. If you don’t file your case before the third anniversary of your accident, you will be unable to file a lawsuit.
You don’t have to track filing deadlines with our team on your side. We will do that for you. Moreover, we will manage everything your case requires, from its initial filing to negotiating a settlement.
A Personal Injury Lawyer in Charlotte, NC, Can Manage Your Case
The staff at Anastopoulo Law Firm will work diligently with you. We will:
- Investigate how and why your accident happened. We will collect our own evidence to bolster your case and prove the property owner’s liability. We may find and use security camera footage, your medical records, and witness testimony to support your case.
- Communicate with the other parties. Responding to emails, phone calls, and voicemails can quickly get confusing. Our team will manage all communication-related matters. If another party contacts you, tell us, and we’ll handle it.
- Negotiate an out-of-court settlement. We hope to resolve your case through insurance negotiations. That way, you won’t have to worry about attending court. During negotiations, we will present the liable policy, the cost of your damages, and your case’s supporting evidence.
- Represent you in court, if necessary. Litigation may be your only option for seeking compensation. If so, we will present your case to the attending judge and jury, abide by all courtroom procedure, and fight for what you need.
Our Clients Know We Handle Their Legal Matters from Start to Finish
Some law firms promise the world to their clients but fail to deliver. Not us. You can trust us to handle your case with the honesty and compassion it deserves.
Here are some of the things our previous clients have shared about their experience partnering with us:
- “Akim’s team helped me during a tough time. Helped me with the whole process and got me more than I thought I would get. Thanks for everything.” –Robert
- “I am very pleased with this law office and attorneys who patiently worked with me on my case. Alexis McCumber & Matt Foss, both exceeded my expectations & I am pleased with the results of all your hard work & dedication.” –Justin G.
- “I came to Anastopoulo after the insurance company gave me the runaround and wouldn’t make me a fair settlement. Once I got Akim, everything was taken care of. I ended up getting more than I expected and my bills got paid.” –Drew
What Should I Do After Suffering Harm on Another Party’s Property?
The most important thing you can do right now is to seek medical attention. By visiting a care provider, not only can you get a diagnosis, but you can also get medical documentation to bolster your claim.
These measures could also promote a favorable resolution:
- Keep everything related to your case. Every document, no matter how small, is crucial to your case’s outcome. While your case unfolds, keep your injury-related receipts, invoices, and billing statements in a safe place. We can use all of this information to prove that you deserve compensation.
- Refrain from sharing information about your case. Only you and your lawyer need to know about what’s going on with your case. If you share sensitive information with other parties, this could end up hurting your chances of recovering damages.
- Follow through with your treatment plan. Seeking medical care is just one thing that could support your case. Following through with your treatment plan is a different matter. Be sure to take all medications, go to therapy, and adhere to lifestyle restrictions.
- Limit what you share on social media. Remember earlier how we said not to share anything about your case with other people? That applies to social media, too. During your case’s progression, refrain from sharing statuses, photos, and other related information.
During your free case review, we can explain what other measures could secure a positive outcome. We can also discuss the benefits of partnering with a Charlotte premises liability attorney.
Anastopoulo Law Firm Can Manage Your Premises Liability Case in Charlotte, NC
A Charlotte premises liability attorney from our firm can seek compensation. Call (800) 313-2546 to begin a free case evaluation. Our compassionate team will review your case and set your mind at ease.
Call or text 803-222-2222 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form