If a bicycle accident left you or someone you love with physical injuries, property damage, and income loss, our personal injury team at Anastopoulo Law Firm can help. Our firm will assist you in preparing a case to recover your medical costs and related expenses. We also help you define the value of your pain and suffering and mental and emotional trauma.
When you are ready to assign liability for your accident-related damages to the at-fault driver, our team is ready to help. With support from our Columbia bicycle accident lawyer, you can file a claim or lawsuit to hold the at-fault driver responsible for the accident and the monetary value of your damages. We will also handle communications with the insurance company and lead the fight for a favorable financial settlement.
We Provide Responsive Legal Support for Bicycle Accident Victims
It can be difficult to focus on every detail of a personal injury case in the aftermath of an accident, especially if it left you with severe injuries or led to the loss of a loved one. When our team represents you, we will work to prove your right to financial recovery by:
- Collecting and reviewing the evidence in the case
- Locating and interviewing witnesses of the bike accident
- Establishing the at-fault party’s negligence
- Calculating the financial value of the case
- Negotiating a favorable monetary settlement
On your own, these tasks can be daunting—even collecting your medical bills and reports can be difficult, as treatment is likely to come from various medical professionals and medical facilities. At Anastopoulo Law Firm, our bicycle accident lawyer representing clients in Columbia, S.C., will handle these tasks while guiding you through each step of the financial settlement process.
Assigning Financial Liability to the At-Fault Driver
Under South Carolina law, you can hold the at-fault driver responsible for your injuries and damages if you can prove:
- They owed you a duty of care to drive safely and abide by local and state road rules.
- They did not meet their duty. This may be because the driver was speeding, failed to look out for bicyclists, or was distracted while behind the wheel.
- Their actions caused the bike accident.
- The bike accident led to your or your loved one’s injuries.
By proving these four required elements of negligence as they relate to your bicycle accident case, our team can help you form the basis for a personal injury claim or lawsuit. We do so by conducting a thorough investigation.
Then, we compile and organize your medical bills, car accident report, witness statements, and other evidence on your behalf. While our team does all this for you, you can focus on your physical and mental recovery.
Identifying Your Recoverable Bicycle Accident Damages
With help and direction from our personal injury attorneys, you can prove the at-fault driver caused your accident and is liable for its financial aftermath. Once we establish the negligence that led to the collision, we can help you fight for compensation for the following recoverable damages:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future loss of wages
- Property damage or destruction
- Disability or disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
- Funeral and burial expenses, if applicable
While bicycle accident victims are entitled to recover many of the same types of damages, calculating the actual monetary value of each client’s case is a unique process. Our team will first review the extent of your property damage, your income loss, and your current medical bills to reach an initial value for your economic damages.
Once these are established, we will examine your medical prognosis and your ability to return to work in the future to calculate your upcoming damages. We will then assign value to your physical and emotional pain and suffering to reach the case’s overall value. Our team works hard to ensure no compensable expense or loss is overlooked and that settlement negotiations do not begin until an accurate value for the case is determined.
See How Hard We Work or Injured Clients in Columbia, S.C.
Our law firm believes in the rights of personal injury victims. We will work hard to help you assign liability to the at-fault party and fight for your financial recovery. Of our support and guidance, past clients say:
- “One of their attorneys walked me through a complicated legal issue and was very knowledgeable. Highly recommend seeking their legal service!!” – Caleb Walker
- “My experience with the Anastopoulo Law Firm has been absolutely PHENOMENAL! I would recommend them to anyone!” – Joseph Jackson
- “They made me feel extremely comfortable to speak to them about my situation and it made a difference with my experience…Thank you all so much!” – Bridada Bethea
- “They assisted us in reaching a fair settlement and kept in contact with us throughout the process.” – Crystal Thompson
Like every client we have served in the past, we will make sure you get responsive, supportive legal care. We also will keep you updated throughout the progression of your case with the goal of getting the best possible outcome for you.
You do Not Have Forever to Sue for Your Columbia, S.C., Bicycle Accident
Like every state, South Carolina has a statute of limitations that determines how much time you have to file a personal injury lawsuit. If the statute of limitations expires, you will not be able to file your lawsuit and may be left with no legal recourse for seeking compensation.
The personal injury and wrongful death statute of limitations are both generally three years, per S.C. Ann § 15-3-530. With early action on your behalf, our team can ensure you do not miss this crucial deadline and that your ability to pursue the at-fault driver is not jeopardized.
Note that if your minor child was injured in the bicycle accident, the timeline for filing might be different. If this is the case, our team will inform you and ensure you understand how the timeline is altered and how it impacts your potential lawsuit.
Get a Free Consultation About Your South Carolina Bicycle Accident Case
If you were injured in a bike accident, you don’t have long to take action against the driver responsible. A bicycle accident attorney from our law office in Columbia can guide you down the path to financial recovery. Contact one of our Anastopoulo Law Firm team members by calling (800) 777-7777 today and get your complimentary case review.