Florence Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer
Slips, trips, and falls can happen anywhere at any time in Florence, South Carolina. While we should always be mindful of where we step, there is always a chance we could suffer an injury if we lose our footing while walking. In many cases, slip and fall accidents cause moderate-to-severe injuries, putting people in the hospital and requiring emergency care and extensive recovery time. Therefore, a Florence slip and fall injury lawyer from Anastopoulo Law Firm will walk you through your legal options after an accident.
While slip and fall accidents may appear to be simple matters, they can be more complex than what meets the eye. So, hiring a personal injury attorney to help you recover can make a difference. You can reach out anytime for a free consultation.
How Premises Liability Law Applies to Your Claim
Premises liability allows individuals to file a claim or legal action against a property owner if their slip and fall injury occurred due to the property owner’s negligence. This can involve a public place, such as a mall, retail store, hotel, or private residence.
It is important to note that just because someone slips and falls on a property, it doesn’t automatically mean a person has a lawsuit against the property owner. Four elements must be present in a slip and fall case to prove a property owner is responsible for a person’s accident. They are:
- The owner of the property owed you a duty of care.
- The owner breached this responsibility.
- This breach caused your slip and fall accident.
- This accident caused you to suffer injuries and other losses.
The property owner’s liability to the person injured depends on their relationship to them when they are on the property.
Determining Liability for Your Slip and Fall Injuries
Our lawyer will also determine if:
- The person is the owner or controls the premises where you slipped and fell
- If you were on the property legally (S.C. Ann. § 15-82-10(2)(B), a property owner is not responsible for injured parties who enter their property illegally)
- A dangerous condition was on the property
- The property owner caused, knew about, or should have known about the hazard that caused your accident
- That the hazard caused you to suffer injury and/or other damages
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall injury lawyer serving Florence, call (800) 777-7777
Recoverable Damages for Slips and Falls
People who are injured from slipping and falling usually end up with medical bills, lost wages, and other losses that they should be compensated for if they can prove their accident happened because of someone else’s negligence.
Moreover, our slip and fall injury attorney will assess the damages you could recover by looking at your economic and non-economic damages.
Economic Damages Include:
- Medical expenses required to treat your injuries (past, present, ongoing)
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
- Other accident-related losses
Non-Economic Damages Include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Disability or disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
Wrongful Death Lawsuit
Sometimes, slip and fall injuries can be fatal. Firstly, if you lost a loved one in this type of accident, accept our condolences. When you are ready, we will see what damages are recoverable under a wrongful death action. Also, recovering damages could help you pay your loved one’s funeral and burial expenses and final medical bills. Compensation could also replace the lost income your loved one would have contributed to the household.
Florence Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 777-7777
Estimating the Value of Your Slip and Fall Case
No matter the type of action you are filing, we will uncover all your damages and calculate compensation that is appropriate in your case. Knowing this figure will help you evaluate any settlement offers you may receive from an insurer who is quickly trying to settle your claim. This isn’t done to help you; it is done to help the insurance company.
In our experience, these offers are usually too low and do not meet a victim’s needs. We will offer you legal counsel on any offers, but we leave the final decision up to you.
How a Florence Slip and Fall Injury Sttorney Can Help
Our slip and fall injury attorney can handle everything for you. We will review all facts and evidence in your case and even collect evidence you may not have discovered. Such evidence can include photos and video footage of the site where you fell, witness statements, and police reports. We will also:
- Investigate the venue
- Identify the liable parties (e.g., property owner, facility owner, the company managing the property, maintenance companies, or contractors)
- Determine how the hazard that led to your fall happened
- Determine how long the danger was present on the property
- Ascertain if the owner addressed the situation in a reasonable time
- Negotiate with the liable party’s insurance company
- File your action by South Carolina’s statute of limitations deadline
- Prepare your case for trial if a settlement is not reached
We will take care of all communications with all parties when we represent you. You will not have to deal with the insurance company or legal representation for the liable party. We will update you regularly on your case and explain any applicable laws.
South Carolina Law Limits Your Time to Take Legal Action
South Carolina law applies to slip and fall injury cases that occur in Florence. If you are considering taking legal action to recover your losses, we encourage you to do it as soon as you can. Under S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530, you have three years to file your action. This deadline starts from the day your accident occurs or the date the decedent died.
Our team is ready to review your case details so that we can advise you of your options. We believe accident victims are informed and empowered when they know what their legal options are.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Anastopoulo Law Firm Represents Slip and Fall Injury Victims in Florence
Slip and fall accidents happen every day, but the results can be life changing. If you did not cause your accident, you could have legal recourse in holding the property owner responsible.
Anastopoulo Law Firm is here to help you, and we can get started right away. We work on contingency, which means you will pay us nothing unless we win your case. Our payment will come out of your settlement award.
Call us at (800) 777-7777 today to learn more about your legal options during a free consultation.