Boat Accident Lawyer in Myrtle Beach, SC
Myrtle Beach, SC, is an ideal spot for boating, whether one is participating in recreational or commercial activities. Unfortunately, boating can be hazardous, and accidents do happen.
If you or a loved one suffered harm in a boating accident, you don’t have to seek compensation alone. A boat accident lawyer in Myrtle Beach, SC, can manage your case. Anastopoulo Law Firm has more than 25 years of experience advocating for injured people. We’re ready to pursue what you need today.
You Must File Your Case Within South Carolina’s Statutory Deadline
You generally have three years to file your lawsuit, per S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530. This applies to both injury and wrongful death claimants. Failing to file your lawsuit within the correct timeframe could prevent you from seeking damages.
Having the statute of limitations expire on your case could:
- Compel the court to dismiss your case
- Leave you with no financial recovery options
- Make you solely responsible for your injury-related damages
When you partner with a boat accident lawyer from our firm, we will manage each of your case’s filing deadlines, including the statute of limitations.
For a free legal consultation with a boat accident lawyer serving Myrtle Beach, call (800) 777-7777
Recoverable Damages in a Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, Injury Case
A settlement or court award could account for these injury-related losses:
Economic damages account for your financial losses. Examples include:
- Past, present, and future healthcare expenses
- Lost wages, tips, and bonuses
- Transportation expenses
- Property damage costs
- Childcare expenses
- Funeral costs
Based on your situation, you could seek other economic losses.
Some of your accident-related hardships don’t have inherent dollar values. Yet, they’re still compensable and can be included in your case’s value. Examples include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
Your situation will determine how much you can seek for these losses.
Myrtle Beach Boat Accident Lawyer Near Me (800) 777-7777
Our Boat Accident Team Will Take Care of Everything
When you entrust your case to Anastopoulo Law Firm, we will:
#1. Manage Your Case at No Upfront Cost
We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to partner with a lawyer–regardless of their financial standing. That’s why we offer legal help on a contingency-fee basis. Here, you don’t pay anything out of pocket for our assistance.
Compensation for our attorney’s fees comes from the compensation we obtain for you. If your case doesn’t succeed, you owe nothing. We hope this payment structure relieves your anxiety about affording legal aid.
#2. Gather Evidence To Support Your Case
We need evidence to build a compelling case. Supporting information may comprise:
- The accident report
- Eyewitness testimony
- The boats’ black box data
- Your medical records
- Photos of your boat’s damage and your injuries
- Video footage (if available)
With the evidence we find, we will assert that because another party acted negligently, you suffered harm and deserve compensation.
#3. Determine Fault and Liability
Although another boater might have caused your accident, another party could be financially liable. For instance, another boater might have crashed into your vessel because of a malfunctioning part. Here, we could hold the boat’s manufacturer liable for your losses.
We will assess your case and determine who owes you compensation. Multiple parties may be responsible for your losses.
#4. File Your Insurance Claim
South Carolina does not require boating insurance. However, the other party (or you) might carry this form of coverage anyway. If so, we will file your claim, present your damages’ cost, negotiate a settlement, and do what it takes to reach a fair outcome.
#5. Litigate Your Case
If we can’t resolve your case through an insurance settlement, we can file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. This requires us to:
- Take depositions
- Interview witnesses and field consultants
- Present your case’s evidence
- Follow courtroom protocol
- Abide by all deadlines
- Fill out paperwork
- Communicate with the other party’s legal team
What Are Some of My Case’s Possible Outcomes?
Some possible outcomes to your boating accident case include:
The Insurance Company May Offer Compensation
After filing your insurance claim, the insurer may offer compensation for each of your losses. This would be the best possible outcome because then, you wouldn’t have to attend court.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Insurance Company May Offer Less Than You Deserve
The insurance company may offer a lowball amount after learning about your situation. This is a test to see if you’ll accept less than you’re owed. Here, your boating accident lawyer in Myrtle Beach can negotiate a fair offer.
The Insurance Company May Deny Your Claim
If the insurance company denies your claim, we can present more evidence, cite the liable policy, and fight for what you need.
A Judge or Jury May Award Compensation
If an insurance claim isn’t feasible, we can file a lawsuit in civil court. At the conclusion of your case, the judge or jury may award compensation that reflects the full scope of your losses.
What Should Be Done Following a Boating Accident?
Here are some considerations after your boating accident in South Carolina:
- Seek medical care. Boating accidents can cause severe injuries, including near-fatal drowning and traumatic brain injuries. By getting a doctor’s opinion, you can start traveling the road to wellness. You can also create a link between the accident and your injuries.
- Contact your insurance company. Earlier, we noted that boating insurance isn’t mandatory in South Carolina. However, you or the other party might have a policy anyway. In that case, you should notify the liable insurer right away. You can avoid any complications by initiating your claim as soon as possible.
- Keep track of your losses. You can count on your lawyer to pursue the compensation you need. However, by keeping your injury-related invoices and billing statements, you can help them determine what constitutes a fair settlement offer. You should also document your daily pain levels in a journal, as this can help assign value to your pain and suffering.
- Refrain from sharing information to social media. Now is not the time to share your story on social media. Doing so gives the claims adjuster information that could jeopardize your case.
Our Clients Love the Work We Do for Them
We’ve secured million-dollar outcomes for our clients, and they love the work we put into their cases. Some of them have shared:
- “I chose this firm and it was the decision I could’ve made after my accident. Friendly and supportive staff who answered all my questions. Got me what I deserved in a timely manner. Would recommend to everyone.” – Anonymous
- “They know what to do for you and what needs to be done. Always willing to help.” – Anne H.
- “I absolutely love Anastopoulo Law Firm. They helped me out so much. They were on top of everything. They made sure I was ok and that’s a big deal that they go above and beyond to help their clients.” – Nikki B.
Our lead attorney and founding partner, Attorney Akim Anastopoulo has a 4.5-star rating on Avvo. He was also awarded the Client’s Choice Award in 2018.
Call Anastopoulo Law Firm for Your Free Case Review
Are you dealing with a boating accident and don’t know where to start? If so, we urge you to call the boat accident lawyers at Anastopoulo Law Firm today at (800) 313-2546. During your free case review, we can go into more detail about your legal options.