Abbeville Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
If your elderly parent or spouse resides in a nursing home, they deserve respect from their fellow residents and the nursing home’s staff. So, if someone subjects your loved one to neglect or abuse, our Abbeville nursing home abuse attorneys will help you explore your options for obtaining financial compensation. Then, our law firm will help you document the abuse your loved one endured and identify the liable party.
When you discover an elderly loved one suffered abuse or neglect at the hands of a trusted party, our legal assistance allows you to focus on your loved one’s physical and emotional recovery. At Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC., our guidance and support can help you recover the costs of relocating your loved one along with a range of financial expenses and losses.
Our Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Is on Your Family’s Side
Nursing home abuse can change the victim’s life and outlook. It can also affect every person in their circle of family and friends. While you focus on caring for your family – including your injured loved one – we focus on the details of building a compelling case.
We will take these steps in support of your case:
- Identify the type of abuse your loved one endured
- Identify the at-fault resident or nursing home staff member
- Compile evidence of abuse, including medical records and photos
- Handle all communication with the insurance company
- Negotiate a fair and appropriate financial settlement
- Prepare your case for trial if necessary
We never stop fighting for the victims of nursing home abuse and neglect or for the financial compensation they need to make a fresh start in a safe and caring location.
Your Elderly Loved One Has the Right to Be Free From Any Form of Abuse
U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services guidelines provide a detailed list of the rights of nursing home residents, including:
- Being treated with dignity and respect
- Managing their finances
- Maintaining control over their belongings
- Making informed healthcare decisions when possible
- A safe, secure, and supportive environment
Our client-focused team will hold the nursing home financially responsible for any violation of your loved one’s rights.
Types of Nursing Home Abuse
Sadly, abuse is not unheard of in nursing homes and other elder care facilities. This form of abuse can leave vulnerable elderly residents feeling intimidated, afraid of retribution, depressed, and anxious.
The National Institute on Aging (NIA) identified six types of abuse that occur in nursing homes:
- Physical abuse:Striking, restraining, or otherwise causing physical injuries.
- Emotional abuse:Threats, intimidation, or isolation from loved ones.
- Neglect:Failing to provide needed care and attention.
- Abandonment:Leaving your loved one unattended for lengthy periods.
- Sexual abuse:Involuntary sexual activity from rape to voyeurism
- Financial abuse:Theft, forgery, or withholding your loved one’s possessions.
Our legal team will help you prove the abuse or neglect your loved one endured. In addition, we will identify the perpetrator or other responsible party and pursue financial compensation on your loved one’s behalf.
For a free legal consultation with a nursing home abuse lawyer serving Abbeville, call 803-222-2222
Financial Compensation for Victims of Nursing Home Abuse
When you discover your elderly loved one was a nursing home abuse victim, your priorities include getting them medical care and relocating them to a safe care facility. Unfortunately, these and other post-discovery options can be costly.
However, our team can help you hold the nursing facility responsible for these costs and other expenses and losses:
- Immediate and ongoing medical expenses
- Relocation costs for your elderly loved one
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Physical disability, impairment, and disfigurement
The nursing home abuse attorneys at Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC. stand committed to helping families like yours recover from abuse and protect your loved one’s rights. Thus, our lawyers help Abbeville victims document their losses and fight to recover damages.
We Will Not Let Your Potential Lawsuit Run Out of Time
The sooner you involve our law firm in your case, the more time we have to investigate and prove your allegations. Early intervention also means we can ensure compliance with the statute of limitations. In South Carolina, you generally have up to three years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
Failure to comply with the statute of limitations could prevent you from obtaining compensation. So, when you turn to our nursing home abuse and neglect attorneys for guidance and support, we make sure to file your case on time and not put your right to recover damages in jeopardy of dismissal.
Abbeville Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
See Why Previous Clients Recommend Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC.
Our case results include a $985,000 settlement for a client who sustained physical injuries due to nursing home abuse. So, when other clients talk about the support they received from our team, they leave reviews like the following:
- “The lawyers at the Anastopoulo Law Firm are professional, reliable. and ready to fight for their clients. I would highly recommend this firm to any friend, family member, or acquaintance.” – Lisa W.
- “The lawyers at Akim kept their promises and did everything in their power to make sure me and my family were granted what we deserve! Thanks, Akim.” – Eddie M.
You can find more reviews like these on our client testimonials page and see why your family can trust us to fight hard to obtain the best possible outcome for you.
Get Your No-Cost, No-Obligation Case Review
Finding out a loved one suffered abuse in the Abbeville nursing home you trusted with their care can feel devastating. However, when you turn to our nursing home abuse attorneys for assistance, we help you fight to recover a range of damages. So, start fighting for your loved one’s rights by contacting the case review team at Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC. at (800) 313-2546 today.