Kershaw Bicycle Accident Attorney
If you were injured in a bicycle accident in Kershaw, you may be entitled to compensation. Injuries from these accidents can be serious and leave victims out of work and facing a pile of medical bills that could last a long time. If you or a loved one has been hurt while riding a bike, you should not have to pay for these losses out of your pocket.
A Kershaw bicycle accident lawyer from the Anastopoulo Law Firm is ready to help you with your case. We will protect your rights, look out for your interests, and help you hold the at-fault party accountable for your damages. You can start today with a free consultation with one of our team members.
What compensation can I get from a bicycle accident claim?
The amount of compensation you receive depends on the specifics of your case, such as how serious your injuries are, what your expected recovery time is, and how the accident will affect you now and in the future. You might be able to get compensation to cover costs from:
- Medical bills (These include any current and future treatments you require because of your accident.)
- Lost income
- Diminished earning capacity if you will no longer be able to work at your current job due to permanent injuries you suffered in the accident
- Physical and mental pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Damage to personal property (repairs or replacement)
- Other accident-related expenses
Wrongful death damages may be recoverable
If you lost a loved one in a Kershaw bicycle accident, please accept our condolences. We are sorry for your loss. Taking legal action against the liable party may not be on your mind right now, but if you want to pursue legal action on behalf of your loved one, we can review your options with you when that time comes. Please keep in mind that you have up to three years under South Carolina law to file a wrongful death action to recover damages.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Kershaw, call (800) 777-7777
How can a bicycle accident attorney help me?
A bicycle accident attorney can help you:
- Review the specifics of your case
- Determine who was at fault for the accident and who you should take legal action against
- Assess your damages and estimate how much compensation you could receive
- Gather evidence to support your claims
- Communicate and negotiate with all parties, including the insurance companies, for a favorable settlement
- Prepare and file a lawsuit on your behalf
- Fight for your financial recovery at trial if necessary
Your attorney will also answer any questions you have throughout the process and keep you updated on all aspects of your case.
You only have a limited time to seek legal action for your damages
If you were injured in a bicycle accident in South Carolina, you have three years from the accident date to file a lawsuit, per S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530. This also applies to wrongful death lawsuits, as mentioned earlier.
While this may sound like a lot of time, remember that gathering evidence and preparing your case takes time. If you can’t reach a settlement with the insurance company and file a lawsuit, you must do so within the deadline.
Our lawyer will meet all deadlines so that you don’t lose your chance to recover the compensation to which you are entitled.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 777-7777
How much does it cost to hire a Kershaw, S.C., bicycle accident lawyer?
If you were injured in a bicycle accident, you may not be able to work, and your bills may be piling up. But having a bicycle accident lawyer from our law firm work on your case won’t cost you anything upfront. We get paid on contingency. This means we do not receive payment unless you win your case. We can review our payment agreement with you during your free consultation.
You can rest assured that we will handle all the legal aspects of your case, so you can focus on healing from your injuries.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Who is responsible for a bicycle accident?
The person liable for your bicycle accident depends on your case’s circumstances. Liable parties include:
- The driver of the vehicle that hit you
- Another cyclist
- A city or municipality if unsafe road conditions caused your crash
If you aren’t sure if you have a case or who you could take legal action against, a bicycle accident attorney can help.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What causes bicycle accidents?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), several risk factors contribute to bicycle accidents, including:
- Bicyclists and drivers failing to follow traffic laws: For example, bicyclists might ride on the wrong side of the road, or a driver might fail to yield to the cyclists.
- Speeding: When drivers speed and don’t give bicyclists enough space, it can increase the risk of accidents.
- Decreased visibility: Sometimes, drivers don’t see bicyclists because of poor lighting or cyclists not wearing reflective clothing.
- Distracted or impaired actions: Drivers or cyclists under the influence of drugs or alcohol can become distracted and cause an accident.
A lawyer who handles bicycle accident cases can help you determine who is responsible for your accident and file a claim against the at-fault or liable party.
What injuries can happen because of a bicycle accident?
Injuries after a bicycle accident can include:
- Head and brain injuries
- Abrasions, cuts, and bruises
- Broken bones, including broken ribs
- Internal organ damage
- Nerve damage
We have helped others with their bicycle accident claims
Anastopoulo Law Firm offers its clients over 25 years of experience. We are proud to have attorneys on staff who handle bicycle accident claims and lawsuits. We recently helped a bicycle accident victim recover $1 million in compensation, and we are ready to help you.
While every case is different, we want to help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Call a Kershaw Bicycle Accident Attorney For a Free Consultation
We want to help you get the compensation you deserve. If you have been the victim of a bicycle accident in the Kershaw, South Carolina, area, you don’t have to go through the legal process alone.
At Anastopoulo Law Firm, we strive to make the legal process manageable as you focus on recovering from your injuries. Call us at (800) 313-2546 for a free consultation today. We are ready to help you.