Lexington Slip and Fall Injury Attorney
Slip and fall injuries can be very serious, even life-threatening. Through no fault of your own, you could be facing painful injuries, high medical bills, reduced income, and even psychological trauma.
A Lexington slip and fall injury attorney from Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC., understands what a difficult position you are in and would like to help. Our entire injury team can manage your case, keep you updated throughout, and fighting for the compensation you and your family need. You can learn more during a free consultation with our team today.
How Our Lexington, S.C., Slip and Fall Attorneys Work for You
A personal injury lawyer in Lexington, S.C., helps those who live in that city to protect their rights and recover fair compensation if they are hurt by someone else’s negligence. Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC., serves injury victims with cases similar to yours in the following ways:
We Investigate Each Case
Instead of leaving the investigation up to the police or insurance companies who do not necessarily have your interests in mind, a Lexington, S.C., accident attorney from our office can conduct an investigation that may involve:
- Visiting the scene of the slip and fall incident
- Requesting documents like medical records and police reports
- Speaking with witnesses who can back up your account of events
- Requesting statements from experts such as accident reconstruction specialists or economists to help us understand more about the impact of your slip and fall
We Set Out to Negotiate With Insurers for Your Financial Award
Insurance companies do not always set out to offer a fair settlement. Sometimes, they will offer a small amount, expecting the slip and fall survivor to not know the value of their case and just take the money.
Our slip and fall lawyer in Lexington, South Carolina, can prevent you from accepting an unfair settlement and fight for what you really deserve. If a Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC., attorney takes your case, we can:
- Communicate with the liable party and their representatives by phone or email, or in person
- Negotiate with the insurance company for the right amount of compensation to cover your losses
- Discuss all settlement offers with you and explain if we think they are fair or not, enabling you to make the right decision for yourself and your family
- Take the case to court if it becomes necessary
We Look Out for You After a Lexington Slip and Fall Accident
After a slip and fall injury, you could have sustained severe wounds, and you probably still need time to process what has happened to you. An attorney from our firm who serves the Lexington area understands that you have a lot on your mind.
A Lexington, South Carolina, personal injury lawyer from our office wants to support you however we can. Our team can:
- Provide a free, over-the-phone case review to inform you about your options
- Be available to answer all your questions and concerns
- Explain everything you need to know about filing a lawsuit, including your rights and obligations under the law
- Charge no attorney’s fees unless you recover compensation
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Lexington, call 803-222-2222
Recoverable Damages After a Lexington Slip and Fall Accident
Slip and fall accidents can result in several serious injuries, including:
- Bone fractures, including a broken hip
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Neck or back injury, including a spinal cord injury
- Cuts and lacerations
These injuries could require extensive medical treatment, including diagnostic tests and surgical procedures. They could also keep you home from work, making it hard for you to afford proper medical care. This is what lawsuits are for-to enable people like you to afford what they need without worrying.
Many injury cases do not go to court. Instead, we can secure a pretrial settlement that includes all the funds the client needs to put their lives back together. This includes compensation for:
- Pain and suffering you endured because of your physical and psychological injuries
- Temporary disability, or the injuries that force you to drastically alter your lifestyle until they heal
- Permanent disability, or the injuries that will never heal
- Reduced quality of life, or the fact that you must give up and/or seek help with certain activities
- Loss of income, or the money you lost when your injuries compelled you to stay home from work
- Loss of earning capacity, or the money you should have earned throughout your career and that your injuries now prevent you from making
- Loss of employment, or the job you had to give up because of your injuries and/or the promotions you can never qualify for due to your new limitations
- Medical expenses, or the cost of treating your injuries and easing your pain to the extent possible
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
Preventing Slip and Fall Injuries in Lexington, S.C.
Article 5 of the Lexington County Zoning Ordinance states that a property owner’s responsibilities depend on whether their property is in a residential or commercial area. Common themes in the laws governing property owners include:
- All structures attached to or near the property must be kept in safe, usable condition, even if no one is using them at the moment. This includes fences, sheds, patios, and so on.
- Items being stored outdoors must be kept in an enclosed area that is in good repair.
- Areas outside of the buildings must be taken care of. For residential areas, this could mean putting covers on swimming pools; for commercial areas, owners must ensure the lawn is mowed and dead plants removed.
Following the applicable ordinance as written can decrease the risk of someone slipping and falling, especially if that someone is older. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that 26.8% of adults age 65 or older in South Carolina reported falling in 2018.
In addition, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) recommends keeping all walking surfaces:
This reduces the risk of slips and falls in the workplace, particularly in hospitals.
We Represent Slip and Fall Survivors in Lexington, S.C.
Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC., wants to help you after a slip and fall injury, but you only have three years to start your case, according to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530. To allow us the maximum amount of time to build and fight your lawsuit, call (800) 313-2546 for a free case review as soon as possible. One of our attorneys serving Lexington can protect your rights and interests.