Aiken Moped Accident Attorney
An Aiken moped accident attorney from Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC. can handle your case and fight for fair compensation. We take care of all the legal work for our clients, giving them a chance to concentrate on recuperating after such a traumatic experience.
Our legal team can investigate your accident, gather evidence of another party’s negligence, and present our findings to an insurer or jury. When you work with us, we handle all of the legal legwork so you can focus on getting back to normal.
Getting Help After a Moped Accident
The last thing you want to be doing as you recover from an injury is to concern yourself with legal matters.
Instead of handling your case alone, a personal injury attorney from Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC. can do all the work, including:
- Keeping in touch: We can visit you at home or in the hospital if you are unable to travel. Otherwise, you can come to our office to discuss your situation with a member of our team, and we can update you frequently throughout your case.
- Determining who to sue: We can identify all of the liable parties involved in your case, including the driver who hit you, auto part manufacturers, maintenance teams, and others.
- Calculating damages: As moped accident lawyers in South Carolina, we know how much personal injuries and property damage are worth. We can also help assign a monetary value to non-economic losses, like pain and suffering.
- Negotiate for damages: The insurance company may be reluctant to pay what you need, but that does not deter us. We always fight hard for what our clients deserve.
- Completing paperwork: With us on the job, you do not even have to worry about filling out forms. We can help you meet deadlines and handle all of the necessary paperwork.
In exchange for these and other legal services, an Aiken, SC, moped accident lawyer from our firm will not charge any attorneys’ fees up front. We only charge a contingency fee, so we do not get paid unless and until you receive compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a moped accident lawyer serving Aiken, call 803-222-2222
Damages for Moped Accident Victims
The South Carolina Department of Public Safety (DPS) states that five moped operators were injured in traffic accidents in Aiken County in 2020. Two others were involved in accidents but escaped apparent injury.
Moped accident injuries can lead to mounting medical bills and other financial losses. Luckily, you can seek compensation for a variety of damages through an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
After a crash, you can seek compensation for monetary losses like:
- Medical bills and expenses
- Property damage, especially if your moped was damaged
- Loss of wages, benefits, pensions, etc.
- Loss of employment or employment opportunities
You can also pursue awards for the physical and emotional toll of the accident, such as:
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Loss of independence and quality of life
- Physical or intellectual disability
- Loss of consortium with your spouse or other relatives
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one in a moped accident and are filing a wrongful death lawsuit, we would like to express our condolences for your loss. One of our attorneys serving Aiken can pursue wrongful death damages such as:
- Funeral expenses and other end-of-life expenses
- Loss of financial support
- Loss of society or companionship
- Grief and bereavement
Aiken Moped Accident Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
Your Responsibilities as a Moped Operator
Sec. 42-79 of the Aiken Code of Ordinances defines a moped as a motor vehicle, placing it in the same legal category as cars, trucks, and motorcycles. As such, moped operators must respect the same rules of the road as other drivers, which includes following all of the same city and state laws regarding reckless driving, maintaining a valid license and registration, and so on.
In addition, mopeds are restricted by certain state laws, such as S.C. Ann. § 56-2-3070. Restrictions listed in this provision include but are not limited to:
- Staying in the far-right lane on multilane roadways, except when passing other vehicles
- Wearing a helmet if you are under 21 years of age
- Going no faster than 35 miles an hour (this means highways are off limits to mopeds)
Failure to follow any of these restrictions could result in a fine or jail time.
At the same time, moped drivers have the same rights as any other driver. If someone violates your rights by not giving you sufficient space to drive or by not staying alert in your presence, you can sue them for financial compensation.
Negligence Can Play a Role in Moped Accidents
Even if you do everything expected of a responsible moped operator, you could still end up in an accident. Negligence may have played a role in your injuries. Potentially liable parties include:
- A car driver: Cars are much bigger than mopeds and can do serious damage if the driver runs a red light, travels in the wrong direction, texts while driving, or goes too fast.
- A manufacturer: In this scenario, part of your moped or the car that hit you had a manufacturing flaw that contributed to the accident. If the manufacturer knew or should have known about the flaw, they should have done something to protect consumers.
- A government agency: Roadway users rely on their local government to fill in potholes, repair broken traffic lights, and take other reasonable measures to keep the road safe. If they did not do so, and if their negligence caused the accident, you could sue them.
Our roads are only as safe as the people who use them. Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC. wants to help if someone else’s negligence caused you to crash and sustain an injury.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Work With Our Aiken Moped Accident Attorneys Today
Poulin | Willey | Anastopoulo, LLC. can connect you with a lawyer for a moped accident in South Carolina. Our team can even provide you with a free case review to help you get started. Call (800) 313-2546 and find out what an Aiken moped accident attorney from our team can do to help.