Wrongful Death Lawyer in Charlotte, NC
A wrongful death lawyer in Charlotte, NC, can assist if you lost a family member due to another party’s negligence. Anastopoulo Law Firm has recovered millions for grieving families just like yours. While you celebrate your loved one’s life and achievements, we will pursue compensation for what you deserve.
You can trust our team to evaluate your case and pursue damages. We also offer legal aid on contingency, so you pay nothing out of pocket for our help.
Our Firm Manages Wrongful Death Lawsuits Stemming from These Situations
Our team has more than 25 years of experience advocating for victims of negligence. We’ve recovered millions for families who have lost loved ones due to:
- Motor vehicle crashes, such as those involving cars, trucks, and motorcycles
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Medical malpractice or hospital negligence
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
- Product liability, including defective motor vehicles leading to death
- Construction-related accidents
- Fires and explosions
- Aviation accidents
- Recreational accidents, including those involving boats, jet skis, hunting, and swimming pools
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving Charlotte, call (800) 777-7777
We Will File Your Lawsuit within the Applicable Statutory Deadline
You generally have two years to file your wrongful death lawsuit, as outlined by G.S. § 1-53. Even if you file your case a day late, the court would dismiss it-leaving you with few options for seeking damages.
Aside from the civil deadline, it’s important to consider prompt legal action because:
- Evidence doesn’t last forever.
- The more time that passes, the less incentive the insurer has to settle your case.
- You reasonably want compensation as soon as possible.
With a Charlotte wrongful death attorney, you don’t have to manage your case’s deadlines. That’s our job. We’ll do everything possible to reach a fair conclusion.
Charlotte Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me (800) 777-7777
We’re Committed To Seeking the Full Cost of Your Damages
You can trust our team to pursue everything you need following your loved one’s passing. We will seek:
Your Financial Losses
Recoverable economic damages include:
- Lost income, tips, and bonuses
- Employee benefits, such as paid time off and health insurance
- Property damage expenses (such as replacing or repairing a car)
- Healthcare expenses, such as life support
- Funeral and burial fees
We will use documentation to assert the cost of your economic damages, such as your case-related invoices and billing statements. We may also consult with healthcare professionals and economists to estimate how much you can recover.
Your Non-Economic Losses
Non-economic losses include:
- Loss of emotional and moral support
- Loss of consortium
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of parental guidance
When it comes to determining the cost of your non-economic damages, we will assess your situation as a whole. In our calculations, we will consider:
- The circumstances of your loved one’s passing
- The role they played in your life
- The value of your economic losses
- The severity of your loved one’s condition before their passing
- Whether your loved one contributed to their accident and injuries
North Carolina law does not limit how much you can request for your economic and non-economic damages.
Who Can Seek Compensation in a Wrongful Death Case?
In North Carolina, a personal representative or executor of the decedent’s estate can initiate a wrongful death case. This party is usually named in the decedent’s will or named by the state. The personal representative seeks compensation for the benefit of the decedent’s family, such as their parents, spouse, or children.
You don’t have to navigate the law alone with our team on your side. After evaluating your case, we will clearly outline your legal rights so you can make informed decisions.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Have These Goals When We Manage Your Wrongful Death Case in NC
We have three main goals when building and pursuing your wrongful death case:
- We want to recover the costs associated with your loved one’s passing, even those you have not incurred yet. We may do this by filing an insurance claim or a lawsuit, depending on your situation.
- We will explore whether your family can recover punitive damages for their hardships. This compensation is generally awarded in cases resulting from extreme negligence. For instance, if you lost a loved one due to a drunk truck driver, we could seek punitive damages from their employer. This would “punish” the trucking company for its negligent hiring practices.
- We understand this is a difficult time for you and your loved ones. So, we want to manage your legal case and everything it entails. While you spend time with your family and celebrate your loved one’s memory, you can trust Anastopoulo Law Firm to handle your case from start to finish.
Our Clients Love Working with Our Injury Firm Serving North Carolina
Here is some of the feedback our satisfied clients have shared with us:
- “I absolutely love Anastopoulo Law Firm. They helped me out so much. They were on top of everything. They made sure I was ok and that’s a big deal that they go above and beyond to help their clients. I hope I never get hurt again, but if I do, I will let them help me again before anybody else.” –Nikki B.
- “They know what to do for you and what needs to be done. Always willing to help.” –Anne H.
- “Over my many years as an elected official, I have had the wonderful opportunity to work with a variety of law firms and attorneys. Anastopoulo Law Firm is light years ahead of any other law firm that I ever worked with in terms of service and results. The staff was always polite and quick to return my telephone calls.” –Dean R.
Begin Your Free Case Review with Our Injury Team Serving Charlotte, NC
We urge you to contact Anastopoulo Law Firm today. Our Charlotte wrongful death lawyers are ready to start building your case. During your free case review, we can talk about anything related to your case.
Dial (800) 313-2546 to explore your options now.