Marion Bicycle Accident Attorney
When you or a loved one is hurt in a bicycle accident, you have the right to seek damages in South Carolina. Bike crashes often result in catastrophic injuries, and a claim or lawsuit could provide compensation to address medical bills, pain and suffering, and other damages.
While you tend to your injuries and your family, a Marion bicycle accident attorney from our firm can handle the case. Anastopoulo Law Firm provides comprehensive legal services regarding personal injury and wrongful death, and we will review your case for free now.
Services Our Bicycle Accident Lawyers Provide in South Carolina
Our firm can handle your entire Marion injury case from start to finish. When we represent you, you can count on us to:
- Be available when you need us: You can reach out to your attorney at any time. We encourage you to share any new information you gather or questions you have with our team.
- Communicate on your behalf: You should also tell us if an interested party contacts you about the case. The people reaching out to you may record your calls, try to force a quick settlement, or twist your words to undermine your financial recovery. Allowing your attorney to speak to these parties can protect the case.
- Build a compelling case file: We’ll use the evidence available to establish how the bike accident occurred and who is liable.
- Negotiate for a settlement: Your attorney will remain at your side until the case settles or you receive a judgment. Settlement negotiations can be tense – allowing your attorney to speak on your behalf can keep negotiations running smoothly.
- Present your case at trial: If necessary, your lawyer will argue your case at trial and fight for a Marion County court award.
These are just a few of the tasks we handle for our clients. Every case is unique, but our primary goal is to take the legal worries off your shoulders.
Clients Appreciate Our Honest, Responsive Service
We’ve received over 400 Google reviews and maintained an overall 5-star rating throughout our time serving injury victims in Louisiana. We love to hear how we’ve helped our clients in messages like these:
- “Great people very responsive and made sure I got what I was owed” – Eric Gadson
- “I would refer more people to do business with them. They give you the real details of your situation.” – Tim Edwards
- “Very professional…responds in a timely matter. I would definitely recommend this law firm.” – Ashley Baccous
We strive to provide every client with legal services they can depend on during difficult times.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Marion, call 803-222-2222
Determining Fault After a Bicycle Accident
South Carolina law allows you to file an insurance claim or lawsuit against those who cause you harm. Determining who is liable for the bike crash lets us know where to file your damage claim. For example, you may have a case against:
- A driver
- A pedestrian
- Another bicyclist
- A local municipality in charge of maintaining the roads or sidewalks
In some instances, several parties could be liable for your injuries and suffering. If necessary, our team can file claims against all those who share responsibility for your injuries.
Marion Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
Seeking Compensation for Your Bike Accident Injuries
When you seek compensation for a bike accident in Marion, you could recover for multiple damages. Many people believe that their damages are a round number they seek because it matches the severity of the situation. However, this is not the case.
One of our lawyers must carefully calculate your damages in several areas. They may include:
- Medical costs: Your medical expenses can include everything from hospital visits to doctor’s appointments, medications, surgeries, mental health counseling, and medical equipment.
- Lost income: We can calculate the income you lost because you missed work, as well as future earnings if you now have disabilities that prevent you from working.
- Pain and suffering: You may seek compensation for the physical pain you feel that reduces your quality of life.
- Emotional anguish: You may be eligible for this compensation if you develop mental health conditions after the accident that reduce your quality of life.
If you experienced any other expenses or losses from the accident, we encourage you to share this information with our team so we can account for them in your claim.
Wrongful Death Claims After a Bicycle Accident
You also have legal options if you lost a loved one in a bike collision. Under state law, a representative of the estate can file a wrongful death lawsuit. The beneficiaries generally include the spouse, children, and other dependent family members.
A wrongful death lawsuit seeks compensation beyond what a personal injury case covers. Potential wrongful death damages include:
- Burial and funeral expenses: These services can be quite expensive, and the lawsuit should help your family recover these expenses.
- Loss of income: If the deceased contributed financially to the household, you could recover their lifetime earnings. Our team can work with their employer or use tax records to estimate how much future income to claim.
- Loss of moral support: Guidance and support are vital to the family unit, whether from a spouse or parent.
Again, other damages may apply in your case. Our team will discuss them with you when calculating the claim’s value.
Steps to Take in the Aftermath of a Bicycle Accident in Marion
When you are hurt in a bike accident, one of the best things you can do is seek medical attention. You may have suffered serious internal injuries due to the lack of protection bicycles provide.
Seeing a doctor also creates a paper trail we can use to support your case. If you are filing suit for damages with no medical records, it will be difficult to prove your injuries.
You want to act quickly if you plan to seek compensation. Under S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530, you only have three years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit in South Carolina.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call for a Free Consultation
Call the Anastopoulo Law Firm for a free case review at (800) 313-2546 if you were hurt in a bicycle accident in Marion. After your consultation, you can focus on recovering while one of our lawyers advocates for you.