Marion Truck Accident Attorney
You have legal rights when you are injured in a truck accident due to someone else’s negligence. You may seek compensation via an injury claim or lawsuit for medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.
A Marion truck accident attorney at Anastopoulo Law Firm can help you understand your rights, recover from the accident, and move on with your life. Our team can discuss the accident details during your free case evaluation.
Who Is Liable After a Truck Accident?
Truck accidents could be caused by a number of people or entities. It is difficult for accident victims to determine fault or understand the nature of the accident. When you are hurt in a truck accident, your side of the story only paints a portion of the total picture.
Our attorneys will investigate the case thoroughly to ensure that all angles have been covered, including:
- Interviewing witnesses and other drivers
- Reviewing security camera footage
- Reading police reports
- Gathering your medical records
Our attorneys will determine who is at fault for the accident, be it the truck driver, their employer, or another entity. Additionally, truck or parts manufacturers or suppliers may also be held liable. At times, the municipality may be liable due to its negligence or inaction. A mechanic may be responsible for causing an accident after falsely or improperly repairing or maintaining the truck.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Marion, call 803-222-2222
Damages You Can Recover After a Truck Accident
When you are hurt in a truck accident, the range of damages you may recover depends on the evidence your attorney uncovers. You may not realize the amount of damages available until you speak with your attorney.
This is a careful calculation to help you recover from the accident. And live as close to a normal life as possible. Generally, damages available after a truck accident include:
- Medical costs: Your medical costs can pile up quickly after the accident. You may have required emergency care at the time of the accident. You may need several surgeries, doctor’s visits, prescriptions, or transportation to medical appointments.
- Recovery costs: You may require medical equipment, surgeries, physical therapy, mental health counseling, etc.
- Lost income: Lost income is a big part of your settlement or judgment. You missed work when the accident occurred, and you continue to miss work to recover.
- Lost earning potential: You may have had quite a lot of earning potential prior to the accident. However, your life has not been the same since the accident. Our lawyer will use tax records, pay stubs, and employer statements to determine how much money you could have made in the future.
- Pain and suffering: This refers only to the physical pain you feel as a result of the accident. And how that pain has reduced your quality of life.
- Emotional turmoil: This refers to the mental health conditions or symptoms you developed since the accident.
- Punitive damages: May be available if the actions of the defendant were especially egregious. Review this level of compensation with your attorney. It is not available in all cases.
You only have three years from the date of the accident to file suit under S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530.
Marion Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
Wrongful Death Claims After a Truck Accident
You may be eligible to file a wrongful death action if you lost a loved one in a truck accident. In order to qualify for wrongful death benefits, you must be listed as the decedent’s dependent or the beneficiary of their estate.
When you file suit for wrongful death, you may recover medical costs associated with your loved one’s accident. However, you may also seek damages that include:
- Burial costs: Burials and funerals can be extremely expensive. Recovering these expenses will help the family move forward without outstanding debts.
- Administrative costs: Administrative costs might include legal expenses, tax return filings, and more.
- Loss of moral training: Loss of moral training or support applies to the spouse and children of the deceased as they would have served as a vital part of the family unit if they had survived.
You have three years from the date of death to file a wrongful death lawsuit under S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530.
Click to contact our Marion Personal Injury Lawyers today
Support a Marion Truck Accident Attorney Provides You
When you work with a Marion truck accident lawyer at Anastopoulo Law Firm, they provide a range of services to help you recover from the accident and move forward. In each case, your attorney is committed to providing you with the client care you deserve, guiding you through what can be a difficult litigation process.
Investigate the Truck Accident
Our attorneys look into a wide range of evidence related to the accident. These documents include:
- Rest logs
- Data from the truck’s onboard computer
- Maintenance logs
- Inspection logs
- Drug or alcohol screenings
- Dashcam videos
- Personnel records
- Damage reports on the truck or trailer
Our lawyer might also submit a spoliation letter to prevent the destruction of evidence. This is especially important when dealing with large trucking firms, so evidence is not tampered with or lost.
Communicate with All Parties
Your lawyer is available via phone or email to provide you with the assistance you require. This direct line of communication helps set your mind at ease.
Handle All Meetings
You may need to schedule meetings to negotiate a settlement. Your lawyer may need to represent you at trial. In all these things, your attorney will speak on your behalf, ensuring that you receive the most vigorous representation possible.
Additionally, you may receive letters or phone calls from interested parties. Let your attorney respond to all these calls or letters so that you can focus on your recovery.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Reach Out for a Free Consultation
A Marion truck accident lawyer with Anastopoulo Law Firm can begin working on your case right away. So, call a team member today at (800) 313-2546 for a free consultation.
After your consultation, you and your lawyer can collect information, focus on seeking the appropriate damages, and seek justice for your truck accident in Marion.
Call or text 803-222-2222 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form