Truvada is a common and popular antiretroviral medication, but some people who used the drug have reported devastating side effects. So, if you or someone you love suffered from serious health complications after taking Truvada, you could seek compensation from the drug’s manufacturer, Gilead. At the Anastopoulo Law Firm, we are inviting injured clients to file Truvada lawsuits. And, seek compensation for their related medical care, lost wages for time spent recovering and unable to work. In addition, pain and suffering.
Gilead’s neglect to inform the public of Truvada’s dangerous side effects could make you eligible to join a mass tort case. A complimentary and confidential case review awaits when you call.
Truvada’s Side Effects
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Truvada is a pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) drug. One of its active ingredients is tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF). And, doctors prescribe it to prevent patients from contracting HIV. The CDC also cites these additional side effects:
- Sore throat
- Appetite suppression
However, lawsuits were filed in 2018 alleging that the drug’s manufacturer failed to notify patients of kidney and bone density issues related to taking Truvada. According to reports in Bloomberg, the plaintiffs also allege that Gilead blocked the use of a safer version of the same medication.
Moreover, drug companies that take actions like these can be held accountable for the results. Therefore, our goal is to help injured parties assign liability to Gilead and seek financial damages.
Life-Threatening Injuries Caused by Truvada
Some patients experience mild side effects from the use of Truvada, while others report much more serious reactions to the medication. According to research from the journal AIDS, Truvada recipients are at risk of:
- Kidney tubular abnormalities. These prevent the kidneys from moving acids from the blood into the urine. Which, can lead to dangerously increased levels of acid in the blood.
- Premature osteoporosis. This can cause dangerously diminished bone density, leading to weakened, brittle bones.
So, if you or someone you love was diagnosed with any of the above-mentioned medical conditions, our law firm can help you become a part of the upcoming lawsuit. You could join other patients who received similar diagnoses as a result of taking Truvada.
For a free legal consultation with a truvada lawyer serving North Carolina, call (800) 777-7777
Filing a Truvada Lawsuit Can Lead to Compensation
When a drug company fails to disclose the potential dangers of a medication to doctors and patients, we hold them liable for this negligence. Also, you could qualify to join a mass tort case if you were diagnosed with a kidney ailment, osteoporosis, or bone density issues after taking Truvada for:
- Prevention of HIV
- Treatment of hepatitis B virus (HBV)
Once you reach out to Anastopoulo Law Firm for help, our team will even visit you or your injured loved one in your home or hospital room. Our firm works hard for injured clients and makes accommodations wherever possible. Because, we know medical conditions can limit your ability to come to us.
Possible Recoverable Damages for Truvada Users
As part of our services, our firm may seek three types of damages for clients—economic, non-economic, and punitive. Economic damages are tangible expenses and losses, while non-economic damages are intangible. These recoverable damages may include:
- Medical expenses throughout your recovery
- Lost wages for the length of time you cannot work
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- The cost of assistive medical devices and in-home medical support
Punitive damages are an additional form of compensation you could receive if the defendant’s actions are shown to be heinous or intentional. These are rare, but our team will review the likelihood of the plaintiff group being awarded punitive damages.
Evidence That Proves Your Tight to Recovery
As part of a multi-plaintiff case, we make sure your collective evidence file is accurate and complete. We may request—and help you compile—the following types of evidence:
- Prescriptions or receipts for Truvada
- Previous and current medical records
- Medical statements, bills, and receipts
- Pay stubs and tax records that prove lost income
Our team may also ask for receipts for in-home medical support, a written copy of your future prognosis, and descriptions of the impact on your life. These items, along with your written statement, help us assign a monetary value to your physical. In addition to emotional pain and suffering.
Client Praise and Recommendations
Our team works hard to ensure every client we represent feels respected and appreciated. When clients we supported in the past leave us reviews, they say:
- “They did a great job and kept me informed about the case all the way. They got me money back when another company said that I didn’t have a case. It did not take them a long time, so I say, call the rest and come to the best.” – Curt Chill
- “Camden Hodge, Matt Foss, and Ms. Yvette went above and beyond in answering our questions and addressing our concerns. They kept us informed as our case moved forward and we couldn’t have done it without Anastopoulo Law Firm.” – Catherine Casey
- “Anastopoulo Law Firm has done a superb job handling my case! Fast and efficient! They even got me reimbursed for my lost wages! Highly recommend.” – Melissa Hubbard
Consumers who participate in Truvada lawsuits allege that the drug causes devastating side effects and complications that neither they nor their prescribers were warned about. When our mass tort team represents you and other injured consumers, we fight for you as hard as we fought for these satisfied clients.
North Carolina Truvada Lawyer Near Me (800) 777-7777
Contact Anastopoulo Law Firm About Your Truvada Use Today
If you or a family member suffered one or more of the dangerous side effects or complications of Truvada, our attorneys want to help you seek compensation. Our team will determine your eligibility to join the mass tort lawsuit against Truvada’s makers.
Call one of our team members to review your qualifications at (800) 777-7777 today.