North Charleston Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
Aging is an inescapable fact of life. Since many senior citizens require specialized care, families often turn to nursing homes to provide it. So, if your elderly loved one was abused or neglected in the nursing home you trusted with their care, we can help you seek financial compensation. The damages we help you recover can also include the cost of relocating your loved one to a safer setting for your and their peace of mind.
You do not have to seek this compensation without legal support. So you trust a North Charleston nursing home abuse attorney to fight for you. At Anastopoulo Law Firm, our team will assess the nursing home in question, identify abusive staff members, and explain the facility’s responsibility to compensate you. We will also prepare your evidence file and estimate the monetary value of your case.
Identifying Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect
Abuse in an elder care facility can happen in many different ways. Which sometimes makes it difficult to detect. The National Center on Elder Abuse lists four types of abuse that your elderly loved one might suffer in their nursing home:
- Physical abuse includes intentionally harming a resident, the use of forced restraints, or forcible feeding
- Sexual abuse includes any unwanted or unwelcome touching, fondling, or other forms of sexual harassment
- Psychological abuse includes emotional abuse, verbal insults, threats, intimidation, or forced isolation
- Financial abuse includes stealing or misappropriating your loved one’s personal or financial property or forcing them to do so
Your loved one might also suffer from neglect. Which, leaves them without the proper care they need and deserve.
Thus, if your elderly loved one was abused in any way, our team can help you file an insurance claim or lawsuit for financial compensation. Moreover, financially liable parties may include the nursing home, its staff, and even your loved one’s doctor if their abuse is tied to medical malpractice.
For a free legal consultation with a nursing home abuse lawyer serving North Charleston, call 803-222-2222
Nursing Home Abuse Damages Your Family Can Recover
In the aftermath of nursing home abuse, your focus is likely to be on the physical and emotional health of your elderly parent or spouse. Therefore, our law firm helps nursing home abuse victims and their families pursue financial compensation. When we represent you, the damages we request may include:
- Relocation to a new nursing home
- Current and future healthcare costs
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
We will work hard to assign an accurate monetary value to your case. Our goal is to make sure that your loved one is safe and that your family receives the compensation neglect and abuse you are entitled to.
Nursing Home Abuse Statute of Limitations
In South Carolina, you generally have three years to file a nursing home abuse lawsuit, according to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530. If you do not file your lawsuit before the statute runs out, you might relinquish your right to pursue compensation.
When our team represents you, we are careful to preserve your right to go to court by complying with the filing deadline. Our goal is to settle your case outside of court, but if that cannot be accomplished, we will prepare your evidence for the trial process.
Nursing Home Residents Have Rights
The state of South Carolina has laws in place to protect vulnerable nursing home residents. Therefore, according to S.C. Ann. § 44-81-20 et. seq, your loved one has the right to:
- Participate in planning their medical care
- Maintain control over their personal records and possessions
- Be treated with respect and dignity
- Remain free of all forms of mental or physical abuse or restraint
- See or refuse to see family members, friends, and other visitors
Your loved one is also entitled to privacy and to have their rights and responsibilities clearly explained prior to their residency. So, if your loved one’s rights were violated in any way that led to abuse, our nursing home team can help you seek compensation on their behalf.
North Charleston Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
Get Help from a Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
The team at Anastopoulo Law Firm team is ready to help you take action against an at-fault North Charleston nursing home that did not treat your elderly loved one properly. Furthermore, the steps we can take on behalf of you and your loved one include:
- Listening to your story with compassion
- Reviewing the details of your potential case
- Collecting evidence that supports your case
- Assigning a value to your loved one’s injuries
- Investigating the negligent staff and facility
- Interviewing fellow residents and staff members
Nursing home residents deserve to be treated with kindness, integrity, and respect. If this did not happen and your loved one was treated improperly, our team will not stop fighting for you. We will also represent you at no upfront cost to ensure that you can start fighting back right away. We only collect a fee when we are able to win your case.
Our Approach to Client Care
Taking care of the clients we serve is important to every member of the Anastopoulo Law Firm team, starting with our free consultation. Previous clients who enjoyed their in-office experience with us say:
- “Great experience in a time of stress for our family! Took their time to listen to our concerns and answer our questions.” – Vicky
- “They got me money back when another company said that I didn’t have a case… I say call the rest and come to the best.” – Curt
- “Everyone we came in contact with at Anastopoulo Law Firm was always very courteous and helpful. They assisted us in reaching a fair settlement and kept in contact with us throughout the process.” – Crystal
To see how hard we fight to get financial compensation for the clients we represent and view examples of our previous wins in South Carolina, visit our case results page.
Review Your Nursing Home Abuse Case for Free
To sum up, if someone you love was victimized in a nursing home in North Charleston, you have the right to hold the facility responsible. Learn more about our nursing home abuse attorney and the steps our team is ready to take for you and your family. For a free case review, call Anastopoulo Law Firm today at (800) 313-2546.