North Charleston Slip and Fall Injury Attorney
All property owners and managers are required to keep their properties reasonably safe to protect others from harm. When they fail to prevent dangerous conditions on their premises, such as liquid on the floor or a faulty handrail on a stairway, slip and fall accidents can happen. Thus, leaving victims with serious injuries.
A North Charleston slip and fall attorney from our law firm can help you seek compensation for your injuries. Thus, if you were hurt in a slip and fall accident, our team can determine who is liable for your damages. Additionally we gather the evidence needed to prove negligence.
Benefits of Working with Our Slip and Fall Lawyers on Your Claim
We can help you at every stage of your slip and fall case in North Charleston. When you hire us, our team will:
- Listen to the details of the accident and explain your potential options for recovery
- Work to defend against potential claims of comparative negligence or issues related to the open and obvious doctrine
- Calculate the entire value of your case based on your specific injuries and long-term prognosis
- Gather evidence, such as maintenance or cleaning records, surveillance footage, and witness testimony
- Compile and submit all of the documentation required to initiate and progress your claim
- Evaluate settlement offers and negotiate counter offers if you are not satisfied with the proposal
- Ensure you file your lawsuit in the appropriate South Carolina court by the statute of limitations
Additionally, we can keep you informed of your case’s status at every stage while you focus on your health and recovery.
Our Case Results from Slip and Fall Cases in South Carolina
Our injury attorneys have worked with slip and fall accident victims in North Charleston and throughout South Carolina. Thus, we were able to help our clients pursue the compensation they needed for their injuries. For example, some of our past slip and fall case results include:
- $10,000,000 in a jury verdict for a client injured while shopping in a well-known store
- $6,018,000 for a victim who was injured while playing pool at a bar
Although the exact amount of your settlement will depend on the specific facts of your slip and fall accident, we can represent your interests as we pursue the claim together.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall injury lawyer serving North Charleston, call 803-222-2222
How Much Compensation You Could Expect in Your Slip and Fall Case
How much you could collect from your slip and fall depends on the specific facts of your accident. In addition to the severity of your injuries, and your expected recovery time. You will need to identify all of the possible damages you may be eligible to recover and calculate a case value that includes the full scope of your losses from the accident.
Our slip and fall lawyers can help you determine if you qualify to recover:
- Costs for medical care
- Future medical treatment
- Lost income
- Future lost wages
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of companionship
- Worsening of a prior condition
However, according to S.C. Code § 15-38-15, your settlement may be reduced if you are found partially responsible for the slip and fall.
North Charleston Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer Near Me 803-222-2222
Who Can Be Liable for a Slip and Fall Accident?
The liable party in your claim depends on who was responsible for maintaining the area of the property where you were hurt. Depending on the circumstances of your slip and fall, this may include:
- A business owner, manager, or employee
- A government entity responsible for maintaining public areas, such as sidewalks or stairways
- A property management company
- Janitorial or other service company employees
- Construction or manufacturing companies
For a person or entity to be liable, you must prove they were negligent, thus causing your injuries and other damages.
Proving Negligence in Your North Charleston Slip and Fall Claim
To prove who is liable for your slip and fall injuries, you will need to establish certain elements related to negligence under South Carolina law. Our slip and fall lawyers can explain what this process may look like in your specific case and collect evidence to support your negligence claim.
In general, proving negligence requires showing that the property owner, employee, or other liable parties:
- Owed you a duty to keep the premises clear of dangerous conditions
- Breached their duty to you by allowing a hazardous condition to exist on the premises
Next, you will need to present evidence that you were hurt and suffered losses due to their failure to exercise care.
Understanding the Deadline to File a Slip and Fall Case in South Carolina
If you cannot reach a settlement in your slip and fall claim, you may decide to take your case to court. However, according to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530, you must file a lawsuit within three years of the accident to preserve your right to seek compensation. There may be exceptions or other time limits depending on the circumstances of your case that further shorten this deadline.
For example, if you are bringing your slip and fall case against a government entity, you only have two years to file the lawsuit, according to S.C. Ann. § 15-78-110. After your slip and fall accident in North Charleston, our injury lawyers can explain the statute of limitations that applies in your case and help you meet the deadline.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Hire a Slip and Fall Attorney at Anastopoulo Law Firm Today
Our slip and fall lawyers can help you at every stage of your compensation claim. You may be eligible to claim a wide range of damages for your injuries and other losses, depending on the specifics of your accident. We can work with you to calculate case value, determine liability, and build the evidence to prove negligence.
Call us today at (800) 313-2546 to speak with our team about your slip and fall case and learn more about how we may be able to help.